Page 862 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 362762812852860861862863864872912962 ... LastLast
Results 17,221 to 17,240 of 23675
    Lesser Hivemind Node Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    You type good English for a supposed bear. Not convinced.
    Sir, you offend me. I'm no ordinary bear, let alone an ordinary polar bear. I'm prolar.

I got a lot farther in Kairo, but still not finished. Also went back and re-started Cardhunter after the end of the beta; their servers seem to have stabilised somewhat.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Currently playing FEZ, which is pretty fun, but it could really do with a better fast-travel system. It's a pain in the ass to figure out which of the five doors in a hub area leads to the path that you're trying to get to. I'd rather just be able to click on the visited areas and warp there. I've already made my way there once, why do I have to do it again?

I'm also codebreaking, but apparently the sides of the counting cube did not correspond to the numbers one, two, three and four. But I think I mapped some symbols to the buttons on my keyboard using the posters in the boiler room and that one weird pillar. No idea what to do with those though.
    Last edited by LTK; 14-09-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Dead space 3 is a good example for why developers needs to hire good editors. It's 20 hours long which is around 10 hours longer than what it should be. There too many pointless and recycled area that turn what could be quite a good game to something a bit boring.
    They also dialed down difficulty by making ammo and medkits a craftable objects, which brings to crafting - another pointless implementation.

Also finished 400 days and couldn't quite figure if it's a prologue for season 1 or some sort of test.
    Anyway, I managed two out of five (people to join the group) and was on the lower part of the statistics in 4 out of 5 stories.

Oh. And it's quite a good DLC that carries on the same line of thought and great writing of the main game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    I got a lot farther in Kairo, but still not finished. Also went back and re-started Cardhunter after the end of the beta; their servers seem to have stabilised somewhat.
    Card Hunter is a deceptively fun game, isn't it? Once you come to terms with the randomness, that is - you need to accept that this isn't a "let's plan long term" card game, more of a series of short puzzles: "Ok, I got dealt this hand, what do I do with it?" Sometimes all you can do is run away!

I've also been playing a bit of Driftmoon, but very slowly - so far it looks very generic, although it's cute. And I started Dishonored, but the fact that I'm awful at stealth games makes for a slightly frustrating experience. "Let's see if I can get past this guy... oh crap... *kills everyone*" :(
    Last edited by Faldrath; 14-09-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can. Not even sure where I got this from, except that I think it was a recent bundle.
    It's a hidden object game, probably fairly standard for those (I've only played Tiny Bang Story, which is not standard, so I don't really know, but it's similar to a demo of another game I tried), but I'm fairly impressed with the work that went into it. The 2D graphics are quite nice and they even bothered to make a 3D avatar overlaid the 2D, and found a voice actor too. It also has a simple physics engine for a few puzzles.
    It takes place in both 1880s London and modern Chicago, so that's a bit unusual too (or so I would guess). Murder mystery thing, with some surprises, although that could well be because of some major plot holes; not quite sure if I just wasn't paying enough attention.
    I spent a mostly pleasant six hours on the main game, but it's the collector's edition, so there's an extra chapter and some other stuff too.

ETA: hmm. Word of warning; the game apparently has a massive bug that at times makes it impossible to start the game unless you delete the file where your progress is saved.
    At least I got to play it through, plus the bonus chapter, before it happened, but it seems like a lot of people aren't so fortunate.
    Last edited by Similar; 14-09-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: New Chicago...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Just finished Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Very flawed with a lot of frustrating bits (admittedly, I played on Hard), but I really enjoyed it.

Also been playing a bit of Mechwarrior Online and am thinking of a Path of Exile build to play as.

And I'll probably bite the bullet and just go start up Dragon Commander on Easy at some point.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Ugh, no wonder all of my solutions are wrong. I got Fez's numerals completely wrong, but that's because they don't make any sense!

Spoilers: I assumed that all the possible combinations of stripes would be exhausted before starting with a new stripe. So, if top-stripe is 1, and right-stripe is 2, then top-right stripe is three. Correct so far. The next logical step would be to call bottom-stripe four, and then top-bottom stripe (4+1) five, right-bottom stripe (4+2) six, and so on.

But that's not the case. Bottom-stripe is ALSO three. Left-stripe is four. It goes on from there until all four stripes are in, which is ten. But that means you can write four as left-stripe, but also as top-right-bottom-stripe. Five is not only top-left-stripe but also bottom-right-stripe.

That's completely backwards! Who would use numerals like that?

I haven't even got a clue about how to figure out the alphabet...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I've been spending some time in both single and multiplayer trying to learn to play Rise of Flight. It's an enormously neat game, even though I suck terribly at it, but even incremental improvement is really rewarding.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Card Hunter is a deceptively fun game, isn't it? Once you come to terms with the randomness, that is - you need to accept that this isn't a "let's plan long term" card game, more of a series of short puzzles: "Ok, I got dealt this hand, what do I do with it?" Sometimes all you can do is run away!
    30 minute queue to get into Card Hunter right now. Never saw that before with a browser game.

Just finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. OMG the feels...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Got around to playing Deadlight (a summer sale cheapie) - it starts-off well-enough but my god does it resort to some cheap tricks and nasty ideas by the end of Chapter 2.

The controls go from seeming OK to being - quite frankly - horrible, sticky and nasty - wall jumping is a particularly 'potluck' activity (often with certain death if you miss it - or worse still, dropping into somewhere you cannot get out of!!)

and it's one of those game which 'reloads' if you need to go back more than 2' too - grinding my gears...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    The controls go from seeming OK to being - quite frankly - horrible, sticky and nasty - wall jumping is a particularly 'potluck' activity (often with certain death if you miss it - or worse still, dropping into somewhere you cannot get out of!!)

and it's one of those game which 'reloads' if you need to go back more than 2' too - grinding my gears...
    And that's why Volgarr is great. But good lord will it fuck you seven ways 'til Sunday.

The checkpoint system is NES-era Ninja Gaiden masochistic, though. Fair warning.

Everybody in Tropico 3 is an asshole. From the superpowers who can't leave things alone to my loyal people who're complaining no matter what I do. I'm supposed to be the asshole and I'm not good at that, clearly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Everybody in Tropico 3 is an asshole. From the superpowers who can't leave things alone to my loyal people who're complaining no matter what I do. I'm supposed to be the asshole and I'm not good at that, clearly.
    Go play Tropico 4, you freakin care bear. That or build a gulag for dissidents, sell out to a super power and start clear cutting the woodland.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Go play Tropico 4, you freakin care bear. That or build a gulag for dissidents, sell out to a super power and start clear cutting the woodland.
    heh. yeah, I might not be quite into the dictatorial mindset. I'll see if I can scare up something from the dark recesses of my soul.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Just finished Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Very flawed with a lot of frustrating bits (admittedly, I played on Hard), but I really enjoyed it.

Also been playing a bit of Mechwarrior Online and am thinking of a Path of Exile build to play as.

And I'll probably bite the bullet and just go start up Dragon Commander on Easy at some point.
    What's flawed about it? Simple game which does the few things it needs to do well very well I would say. Never encountered a bit where I couldn't shoot people and listen to the story, which is all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Sometimes the AI is stupid. I know that they complained once that they live in shacks, so i built the cheapest house with no rent for them to move in, demolished their shacks to force them to move in the houses but they just built shacks in another place and they were still complaining...
    Last edited by UnderwaterCacty; 15-09-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Started playing Dragon Age again, accidentally created a character who looks about 13, and am now roleplaying a moody teenager trying to save the world.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    aarklash and loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    Sometimes the AI is stupid. I know that they complained once that they live in shacks, so i built the cheapest house with no rent for them to move in, demolished their shacks to force them to move in the houses but they just built shacks in another place and they were still complaining...
    yeah, I'm seeing some of the same and it's often like only building the most expensive housing works, which is hard to afford all the time. Then there's the more philosophical issue about people wanting churches while they live in shacks, but...

I'm not finding this game easy at all. Last attempt ended when I got invaded by the US and I gave up on the current one when it was impossible to get enough soldiers hired to win over the rebels. Secret police didn't have much effect either, nor prisons (they seem vaguely pointless since I never had a single prisoner).
    I did better when I was all nice, but things still collapsed.