Page 863 of 1259 FirstFirst ... 363763813853861862863864865873913963 ... LastLast
Results 17,241 to 17,260 of 25163
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Syndicate is --
    The better the harder it gets?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Finished The 39 Steps I got from some bundle I can't figure out what was right now. It's an adaption of a novel that was probably written shortly after the start of WW1 and it takes place in 1914. Sort of a spy/conspiracy story.

It's one of those not-a-game games, I guess; the most playing you do is make a series of mouse gestures at times and there's no way to fail. At most you just have to redo a single gesture (when the game doesn't understand that my wobbly rectangles were supposed to be circles, for example).
    And if you accidentally click the right mouse button you generally have to start the current chapter over, because that, for some reason, takes you back to the chapter list (that's about the worst criticism I can level at the game, but it does certainly get annoying, also because you can't go quickly through the parts you've already seen; the game doesn't allow it).

At first it seemed silly to have to make mouse gestures to progress the text and to go through some 'action' scenes, but I think the experience would probably be lesser without them. It does involve you more than merely clicking the mouse would have.
    I don't know if it also exists for tablets or something and that's the main reason for the gestures, but it seems to fit 1920x1080 very nicely, so maybe not.

Lots of nice art, voice acting and sound effects and it's very well made. Some parts may be a little redundant, but I didn't find that annoying.
    Last edited by Similar; 15-09-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I meant more like the last chicken in the shop

And they've killed Disciples 3. Grid-based combat detracts from the experience, things are too random, no point in having a second party, stat numbers are needlessly high so lose relevance, and it's linear as hell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Its year 2018 and i finally got UEFA Europe award for best player. Thank you very much.

In that last season goals for club was scored 35 times and for national team,9 times! KABUM BITCHES! Still we didnt won anything that year,not even season,neither the cup,or champions league :|

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Finished Metro Last Light. Not sure if I liked it more than the original, but was still a decent game. Shame the mutant dogs were just so annoying. I'll probably pick up the season pass at some point to do the DLC, but I don't think I'll be playing through again for the good ending any time soon, mostly because the stealth annoys me.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Poked about in Blacklist, its a fun game but it makes my PC cry.Popped in the multiplayer and cleaned house ^_^ and i honestly think that its stupid that a game that works on a 360 makes my pc judder, but whatever.

Back in the Zone again. Started Stalker: Call of Prypjat (with Complete Mod) this weekend and already three hours in. Shooting bandits, other stalkers, mutants and getting artifacts out of strange anomalies. Feels good to be back. Plus I am exploring every inch of the game world again. In Clear Sky, because it used some many places from the original game, I mostly rushed through. Here I am taking my time again. Very good game so far!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Skullgirls

After watching the youtube vids of the voice actors playing their own characters in a tournament somewhere, I went and got the game and spent most of the weekend on it. The characters are equal parts fanservice and fandisservice, so you'll likely either not be titillated by them or discover dark parts about your inner psyche.

Got to the point where I could win consistently against the AI on Hard and give Ridiculous and Nightmare a run for their money for half a dozen stages, so I tried the random online versus mode. Oh look, sudden suspicious lag, oh look, I'm cornered in an endless combo that I can't break out of because my controls are five frames behind the action.

I wonder why I bother with fighting games sometimes. They're fine in arcades, where if your opponent's being a douchenozzle, you can smack him upside the head right there and then - not to mention the limited set of opponents to choose from. Online just reminded me of everything I hate about hopped up suburban tweens with literally nothing else to do with their time and an inferiority complex of DPRK proportions.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Anno 1404. It's, well, it's an Anno game. You played one, you kinda played them all. The campaign is remarkably daft. It's supposed to be something about crusades but it's still set on tiny islands and some suspiciously anonymous emperor. Like, everybody just calls him emperor. Is this taking place in the same universe as Waterworld or maybe Warhammer? 1404 years after the bombs were dropped? Is history really that cyclical?
    Campaign? In an Anno game? Do they even have those? I always go straight for the "Continuous" button, I'm not big on playing 20 hour long tutorials.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Campaign? In an Anno game? Do they even have those? I always go straight for the "Continuous" button, I'm not big on playing 20 hour long tutorials.
    So no AssCreed, then?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I was about to say the same thing :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Got to the point where I could win consistently against the AI on Hard and give Ridiculous and Nightmare a run for their money for half a dozen stages, so I tried the random online versus mode. Oh look, sudden suspicious lag, oh look, I'm cornered in an endless combo that I can't break out of because my controls are five frames behind the action.
    I'm not sure what it is but I thought there was some option in that game to counter lag? I've heard it's one of the better fighting games to play online because of it's net code.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Since I was in a retro mood, I caved in and bought the Retro shooters bundle in the Humble Bundle weekly sale. I'm playing Duke Nukem 3d: Megaton Edition right now. It's the first time I've played Duke Nukem 3d, really liking it so far. It has aged remarkably well.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Poked about in Blacklist, its a fun game but it makes my PC cry.Popped in the multiplayer and cleaned house ^_^ and i honestly think that its stupid that a game that works on a 360 makes my pc judder, but whatever.
    Scratch that it runs like butter on a microwaved water bottle, even with everything turned up. I had a patcher which had automatically launched in the background and seemed to stall.

Love the non linear and side missions, been making an effort to do some true ghosting (don't kill, knock out or get spotted) in perfectionist difficulty. Blacklist truly seems to understand at least some of the criticism Conviction got, and bringing back the Spy vs Merc multiplayer with its new spry movement circa Conviction makes it a pleasure to play a less patient more mobile spy, but patience remains an option, and the unlocking junk isn't so bad as you are disgustingly rich if you ghost on hardest difficulty.

The tazer is OP when I'm not trying to ghost, I love using it, but I am not loving the absence of mouse wheel speed tuning, true Conviction didn't have it, but in blacklist until you upgrade to your $100,000 pants guards will often hear you hunting them, satisfyingly a little to late to stop you 'less than lethally' snap their neck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I like the atmosphere and rough gameplay of Fez, but I hate the codes. I discovered the room with the fox and the dog, but once I know that I can translate something I'd rather go online and save myself the busy work. I think it's cumbersome for the sake of it, and not really a great decision.

Just because the information is available online doesn't mean that the codes themselves should have been made easier. I think the alphabet was handled quite well. To make it any less cumbersome you'd have to implement an in-game translation method that requires you to input the correct alphabet before translating all the coded messages in the game with that alphabet, but that would have been clunky and unelegant.

I resorted to the guide for figuring out the alphabet, because even though I've been to that room, and I saw the quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog, I just failed to put two and two together. Made me feel right stupid.

Finished Saint Row 3... It's..; I don't have the words. It's a fucking great game !

The ending is absolutely crazy and amazing... the last mission was hilarious and the rescue mission with 'I need a hero' song was a nice touch. Plus the voice acting is excellent.

I love how the game is still la bit challenging (at least it was for me) while you're absolutely overpowered.

Played two more missions of AC revelations.... sigh. More of the same. No challenge at all except if you're trying to go for 100 sync.. The game is even less fun now that I've played Mark of the ninja. Where the hell is the assassin's part in this? It's murderbrawl, but less fun. I am gonna finish this one, but Sloooowly, one bite after the next.

Started FTL. This one is hard, even in easy. Best attempt I finished in the fifth sector. I am getting better but sometimes ennemies are just too strong. I am not sure if investing in shields is a good option or if I should be more aggresive... And is improving piloting worth it ?
    Last edited by Drayk; 16-09-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    So no AssCreed, then?
    Hehe. I like the Assassin's Creed games, because I'm a sucker for the periods they tackle and a sucker for open world games in general (well, sort of, I can't stand GTA and Just Cause 2), but I'd never categorize them as anything other than a guilty pleasure for exactly that reason.

I suppose I'm more willing to tolerate it in action games, since I suck at action games. I have no patience for the "story and slow feature rollout" thing in strategy titles, just give me the tools and let me tell my own tale.

And then there's Rise of Flight, which I'm still greatly enjoying despite being terrible at it (but slowly improving). There, I'm very happy to have extended tutorials, because I badly need them. How did anyone actually survive flying one of these things? They're made of paper and fall out of the sky at the slightest provocation, and that's before they start shooting at each other.
    Last edited by vinraith; 16-09-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Far Cry 2. Started over on Hardcore, can take out legions of guys now like a pro. Current favourite plan is to strap an IED to a go cart, drive it into a checkpoint, jump out and blow up everyone who has come out to check the commotion.

Only just realised the other day that you can shoot ammo stacks until they explode and spit bullets at everyone in the vicinity. Basically if you have a sniper rifle you can kill a good handful of people at a base without ever shooting a single person. You could do a manslaughter or accidental death playthrough. The Jackal could be a lawyer or insurance broker who refuses to pay up.