Page 864 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 364764814854862863864865866874914964 ... LastLast
Results 17,261 to 17,280 of 25150
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Far Cry 2. Started over on Hardcore, can take out legions of guys now like a pro. Current favourite plan is to strap an IED to a go cart, drive it into a checkpoint, jump out and blow up everyone who has come out to check the commotion.

Only just realised the other day that you can shoot ammo stacks until they explode and spit bullets at everyone in the vicinity. Basically if you have a sniper rifle you can kill a good handful of people at a base without ever shooting a single person. You could do a manslaughter or accidental death playthrough. The Jackal could be a lawyer or insurance broker who refuses to pay up.
    Sometimes I install FC2 just to drive around a bit, enjoy the atmosphere, and enjoy the gunplay. That game's given me some of the most intense gunfights I've had as a gamer.

also some of the most bullshit ones too - looking at you, mortar jerk. But I always stop playing before I get that far now.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    I started playing The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. Maybe I'll actually finish it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Only just realised the other day that you can shoot ammo stacks until they explode and spit bullets at everyone in the vicinity. Basically if you have a sniper rifle you can kill a good handful of people at a base without ever shooting a single person.
    Before Far Cry 2 was released, the developers made a video which showcased this along with a few other features, such as the fire physics and your enemies' ability to carry their wounded companions to safety. It seriously impressed me at the time and was one of the main reasons why I bought the game.

Far Cry 2 has a lot of interesting gameplay elements. It's just a shame that the enemy enouncters aren't more varied.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    Sometimes the AI is stupid. I know that they complained once that they live in shacks, so i built the cheapest house with no rent for them to move in, demolished their shacks to force them to move in the houses but they just built shacks in another place and they were still complaining...
    Three words for you: location, location, location.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The tazer is OP when I'm not trying to ghost, I love using it, but I am not loving the absence of mouse wheel speed tuning, true Conviction didn't have it, but in blacklist until you upgrade to your $100,000 pants guards will often hear you hunting them, satisfyingly a little to late to stop you 'less than lethally' snap their neck.
    Is it as OP as the Syphon Filter taser?

No weapon before or since has ever been so satisfying to use.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    I started playing The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. Maybe I'll actually finish it this time.

Before Far Cry 2 was released, the developers made a video which showcased this along with a few other features, such as the fire physics and your enemies' ability to carry their wounded companions to safety. It seriously impressed me at the time and was one of the main reasons why I bought the game.

Far Cry 2 has a lot of interesting gameplay elements. It's just a shame that the enemy enouncters aren't more varied.
    Funnily enough it reminds me quite a bit of my first time playing Thief II. Very open ended missions, a rich but simultaneously sparse atmosphere and implied narrative, plenty of objects and systems to play with, guards to avoid at all costs head on but fun to stalk and generally fuck with from a distance/safe hiding place

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Finished The 39 Steps I got from some bundle I can't figure out what was right now. It's an adaption of a novel that was probably written shortly after the start of WW1 and it takes place in 1914. Sort of a spy/conspiracy story
    Did you really not know about the novel beforehand? It's considered a pretty important work of fiction by all accounts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EOT View Post
    Did you really not know about the novel beforehand? It's considered a pretty important work of fiction by all accounts.
    nuh. I looked the author up and it seems like I should have heard of him, but I haven't. I do know the movie based on the novel, but it's been so long since I watched it that I didn't remember the plot.

Also, my complaint about the right clicking turns out to be a mistake; I didn't realize you could right click again to get back to where you left.

Finished Analogue: A Hate Story, which I really liked. Although it can get a bit tedious at times when you're an idiot like me and don't know how to progress, it tells a really good story. I also love that it uses a visual novel style, as that is traditionally reserved for "choose your own girlfriend" games.

Tried the Lilly looking through demo on Steam, uninstalled after two minutes.

Tried Cart Life, it was exactly what I expected. However, not in the mood to play an intentionally tedious game right now.

Edit: Started up Universe Sandbox for the first time today as well. I crashed the moon into the earth, good fun! Will crash the earth into the sun next time.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    Sometimes the AI is stupid. I know that they complained once that they live in shacks, so i built the cheapest house with no rent for them to move in, demolished their shacks to force them to move in the houses but they just built shacks in another place and they were still complaining...
    If it's not within walking distance of where they work, it might as well be on the moon for all the use it gives them.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I bought MGS: Special Missions last Thursday and finished it on Friday. The sneaking missions with or without the SOCOM are great fun, the target shooting, man shooting, 1 minute battles, and vs. 12 battles range from 'meh' to 'gaaaaaHHHAAAARRGH', but the real value is in the VR Mission (10 stages with an overall time limit), Mystery, Variety, Ninja and NG Selection missions. Especially the ninja missions. They're not exactly challenging though.

Other than that, I'm hobbling along trying to 100% Just Cause 2 on the hardest difficulty - this is long, it took me nearly 100 hours on PS3 and that was on normal difficulty. So far I've been approaching it in three phases; shoot anything destructible first, then go back to do anything that needs a code (biofuel shafts and pipelines), then go back a third time to pick up collectibles. This is obviously not the fastest way, but it stops me from wanting to commit computercide due to being killed very quickly by helicopters as soon as I look at the inside of a military base. I spent tonight doing Arma 3's challenges, they were pretty good fun until I got to the third orange course (I skipped the blue ones entirely and didn't try red 3 either) where I couldn't find one target. I managed to impress myself by getting a shot on one of the moving 1100m targets in the orange 2 course while it was hidden behind a tree, but in truth I think it had slowed down a lot as it was about to fall down. Either way, I shot it and I felt like a sniper king.

That's about it. Oh, Battlefield 3 with RPSers is fun. We should all do that tomorrow.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Finished off Assassins Creed Brotherhood last night. Enjoyed it for the further adventures of Ezio as well as the banter of Desmond, Shaun, R3becca etc (who I'm warming to a bit more) however some of the 100% sync challenges are pretty ludicrous in terms of requirements and fail states.

Started up Revelations now, which I must admit hasn't quite grabbed me. Perhaps in part because of the unwarranted change in appearance of the characters of Desmond & Ezio who look little like their earlier incarnations, and perhaps also some unnecessary changes to the control scheme. Also just did the first tower defence sequence and really can't say it's something I care for. Still I want to see Ezio's story through to its conclusion.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Finished off Assassins Creed Brotherhood last night. Enjoyed it for the further adventures of Ezio as well as the banter of Desmond, Shaun, R3becca etc (who I'm warming to a bit more) however some of the 100% sync challenges are pretty ludicrous in terms of requirements and fail states.

Started up Revelations now, which I must admit hasn't quite grabbed me. Perhaps in part because of the unwarranted change in appearance of the characters of Desmond & Ezio who look little like their earlier incarnations, and perhaps also some unnecessary changes to the control scheme. Also just did the first tower defence sequence and really can't say it's something I care for. Still I want to see Ezio's story through to its conclusion.

If you did the first tower defence, you've done every mandatory tower defence. Just don't let your infamy or whatever they call it get too high for long and you'll be fine.

The rest of it... I sort of wish there was some way that the settings could have been swapped around. I feel brotherhood is a bit too long for just pondering around a setting you've largely explored (renaissance italy) whereas revelations, which is lovely and new, is comparatively short.
    Last edited by Serenegoose; 17-09-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Was replaying Mass Effect 3, The Fast Show was on in the background... had to be done, sorry. Work in progress, aware of the obvious flaws.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Magnificent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    Was replaying Mass Effect 3, The Fast Show was on in the background... had to be done, sorry. Work in progress, aware of the obvious flaws.

*magnificence snipped out*
    All my internets. Take them.

Coming soon: John Actor is a tough, uncompromising N7 biotic, in "Mass Effect: MONKFISH."

"You! Put your armoured knickers on and make me a cup of tea!"

Now if I can get a GIF going of the Mako replacing that Land Rover thundering over that little bridge...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I feel a little embarrassed for Ubisoft they have 3 ways of scoring your play.

Ghost (less than lethal stealth)
    Panther (lethal stealth)
    Assault (lethal, not stealthy)

The obvious omission being:
    Bear (?) (less than lethal, not stealthy)

And i spent some time playing that way, the heavy armour guards are tricky to take down harmlessly without stealth.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I feel a little embarrassed for Ubisoft they have 3 ways of scoring your play.

Ghost (less than lethal stealth)
    Panther (lethal stealth)
    Assault (lethal, not stealthy)

The obvious omission being:
    Bear (?) (less than lethal, not stealthy)

And i spent some time playing that way, the heavy armour guards are tricky to take down harmlessly without stealth.
    "Jackie Chan?"
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardust’s Music Sounds Better With You. There’s lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context that’s cheating -bull0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sonic lots of words Transformed has gotten tricky now that I've gotten my Class A license. I'm guessing the game proper begins here.

Can I get a quick piece of Shogun 2 advice? When I start I have a couple of neighbours, one of whom is hostile and one of whom isn't. According to my objectives I need both of their land to win the game. With the non-hostile one, if I try to keep on good terms until I'm ready to take them out (short of an alliance) is that going to impact me diplomatically later when I declare war? Should I try to trade with them or not?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Sonic lots of words Transformed has gotten tricky now that I've gotten my Class A license. I'm guessing the game proper begins here.

Can I get a quick piece of Shogun 2 advice? When I start I have a couple of neighbours, one of whom is hostile and one of whom isn't. According to my objectives I need both of their land to win the game. With the non-hostile one, if I try to keep on good terms until I'm ready to take them out (short of an alliance) is that going to impact me diplomatically later when I declare war? Should I try to trade with them or not?
    Been a while since I really got into a Total War, so it is possible things changed, but here are the general rules of any 4x/"grand strategy" game:

Diplomacy is great. If you can't win a diplomatic victory, do what you can to avoid multi-front wars until you can afford them, at which point fuck everyone else.

So I would try and stay on good terms with your deader. Trade agreements, etc. But, more importantly, focus on diplomacy with your other neighbors so that when you ARE ready to go to war, you don't get completely surrounded by death.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.