Page 866 of 1238 FirstFirst ... 366766816856864865866867868876916966 ... LastLast
Results 17,301 to 17,320 of 24751
    Lesser Hivemind Node TheDreamlord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I recommend less a cheese in the last 4 hours before you go to bed... Or yunno, more.

I second that.

Playing around with various Skyrim ENBs. Holy shit, stuff looks amazing. Holy shit, I need a faster PC.

Ahhh, died on Hardcore in Minecraft. Missed a swing on a creeper and it blew up right in my face. But not all is lost! I'm playing by a rule of my own making: I call it "it was all a dream". What I do is, every time I sleep in the game, I back up my save. If I die, I restore the most recent backup, and pretend that I just woke up, and the whole sequence right up to my death was a dream! That way, death is punishing but not an irrecoverable setback, and there's no unexplained resurrection going on.

Now, onward to potion-brewing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    It's not so much that there's a reason for it, it just... happens. Oh, let's look what's at the bottom of this ravine. Hey, a mineshaft, let's see what's down there. Oh a dungeon, I'll put my junk in this chest and put down a furnace and a crafting table. Wait, where was that ravine again?

The recent updates have made the mineshafts more interesting compared to the beta, but if you're going down there for a reason other than a compulsive urge to explore ALL the tunnels, the best thing you'll pull out of there is diamonds and possibly emeralds, and those lose their shine after a while. Metaphorically speaking.
    Yup, I'm too intrinsically cautious and the risk/reward ratio in Minecraft is pretty crap. I much prefer survival games that basically force me to explore to find things I need to survive. It's part of the reason I'm so fond of Don't Starve.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Medal of Honor: The Fear of innovation. It'd be hard to find a more generic manshoot. Even Modern Warfare had the bit where you die of radiation and No Russian, but MoH doesn't have anything new whatsoever. It's sort of impressive, in a way.
    ... Well, it does have that embarrassing Linkin Park song at the end, I guess.

It's not a bad game as such, actually. The devs just suffered from a really overpowering fear of innovation and of letting the player do anything by themselves (not a second goes by without you being told to go prone here, ask this guy for ammo, aim at this or that, kick this door down, go this way around that pebble, etc.). Shame because with that budget and the talent involved, they could have made something worthwhile.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Finally uninstalled GTA 4,can't stand the game anymore and i was only defending it lol.

Dungeon Hearts, take two; the controls in this game irritate the living hell out of me. It's like it was coded to give out a feeling of inaccuracy (and yes I know it was a touchscreen game, but I can't fathom whether that means mouse is better or worse). Retired.

Brutal Legend blew me away right off the bat, with its intro sequence (which, for the first time in a long while, has made feel like in the olden days of crappy graphics, when you would watch in awe at those fantastic intro sequences). The weird thing is I'm not exactly the biggest metal fan out there, but it pulls off that let's have mindless fun thing so effortlessly most of the time, I'm really sold on it.

The open world thing works for me, as most optional tasks; the RTS bits are getting a bit difficult for my tastes though, and when I figure things out, there's a feeling lingering, that it should have tried harder to communicate more clearly what I'm supposed to do. Story missions can be annoying sometimes for this exact reason, especially because CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY! unskippable cutscenes replaying over and over again.

In keeping with the positively surprised theme, next on the list is Dead Island. It's no mystery that for the most part: <<<< me; FPS >>>>. But this game has no shooting, and the fighting really works: beating, kicking and punching the undead shit out of zombie tourists is really therapeutic, and something we should be allowed to do in real life too (to all the zombies, not just tourists). Plus the atmosphere is great: I can walk around that paradise-island-turned-hell thing and explore, loot, explore, beat, more beating, looting, and then exploring, then do it all over again. Oh well, that really translates to 30-90 minutes, but so far the magic has been restored on the next day.

The only nitpicking I feel like doing is: why the hell my punches do more damage than my kicks. Seriously! I started punching zeds almost by mistake and, besides being great fun and therapeutic and all that, it also works terribly well: no weapon wear and plenty of damage.

What else..? Ah, Post Apocalyptic Mayhem, which sucks. It looks polished but the basic gameplay isn't really that interesting or involving, at least in single player. Maybe it makes more sense in MP. Meh, let me just play Ignition instead. Fairy Bloom Freesia, which was another positive surprise but beat em up happens to be one of the many genres I totally suck at, and lost interest pretty quickly (i.e. as soon as it was required of me to replay the same battle too many times in a row)
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    What else..? Ah, Post Apocalyptic Mayhem, which sucks. It looks polished but the basic gameplay isn't really that interesting or involving, at least in single player. Maybe it makes more sense in MP.
    PAM is equally bad in MP, but the chaos that ensues from a game full of human players blowing each other to bits is quite entertaining every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post

Brutal Legend blew me away right off the bat
    I bought the Bundle last night, being a huge metal fan I'm so looking forward to that game. Good to hear you're liking it so far.
    Will finish Duke Nukem 3d first, but I haven't had this much choice of new games to play in years. Retro shooter bundle + indie bundle 9, haven't played a single game in the bundles. Maybe I'll roll some dice to decide what's next...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Wow, Blacklists plot is the perfect mix of war on terror paranoia and 1970's action film.

The chief villain is English, sadly he lacks a handlebar moustache, top hat, walking cane and monocle.

Sam's voice after the bronchial surgery he underwent due to his airwaves chewing gum addiction doesn't help any.
    They need a Michael Ironside dlc I'd happily buy it. Also we need more quips and puns.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I'm so fond of Don't Starve.
    Hows the game so far? Have you traveled below the cave? I heard that most of the update is focus there.

I haven't played Dont Starve in a while as Im still finishing my UVHM of Borderlands 2 with Sleeping Dogs on a side. I'm also playing Prison Architect when I want to relax.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Wow, Blacklists plot is the perfect mix of war on terror paranoia and 1970's action film.

The chief villain is English, sadly he lacks a handlebar moustache, top hat, walking cane and monocle.

Sam's voice after the bronchial surgery he underwent due to his airwaves chewing gum addiction doesn't help any.
    They need a Michael Ironside dlc I'd happily buy it. Also we need more quips and puns.
    I'm currently mad at it following a current, growing, worrying trend of PC games where only one person can play it at a time through to completion, because it doesn't support multiple profiles that I can see. This creates a situation where either I or my girlfriend is going to have to play it through before the other can start from the beginning. What the hell is this about?

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    I'm currently mad at it following a current, growing, worrying trend of PC games where only one person can play it at a time through to completion, because it doesn't support multiple profiles that I can see. This creates a situation where either I or my girlfriend is going to have to play it through before the other can start from the beginning. What the hell is this about?
    Couldn't you just rename your save file with a 2 after it and then start over, then switch as necessary? Or does uplay shit that up, too? The last time I heard, managing save files in combination with uplay cloud saves was a nightmare.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Couldn't you just rename your save file with a 2 after it and then start over, then switch as necessary? Or does uplay shit that up, too? The last time I heard, managing save files in combination with uplay cloud saves was a nightmare.
    I am going to give it a shot, but yes, it was my impression the cloud would want to stick its oar in and muddy things up. Still, if I make it run in offline mode it might work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    I am going to give it a shot, but yes, it was my impression the cloud would want to stick its oar in and muddy things up. Still, if I make it run in offline mode it might work.
    To quote myself: Even if you turn cloud saving off, the active save is still the one it saves - to your uplay install - not the 'savegame' folder in users/documents/ubisoft/savegame, which appears to do absolutely nothing. This means you can get multiple profiles out of it by renaming the save file in the uplay install. Renaming it anything at all will work, because the only save it recognises is 1.save.

Which is a piece of shit, really, but it works. I've made sure to turn off cloud sync and online mode, just to make sure it's absolutely not connecting to the internet and overwriting local saves from their own personal storage too.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by moth bones View Post
    I was going to play Temple of Elemental Evil with the final Circle of 8 modpack, but Iím not sure its out yet.

I think it is; there is certainly a recent version that was new to me. But I couldn't get it to run on my laptop. I've found this with other GOG games; it's probably something simple to fix, but I get distracted easily.

Thing about Winter Voices was that the gameplay was frustrating and tedious. I really liked the premise.
    Found Circle of 8 v8.0.00! They just haven't updated thier infogrpahic yet. Doesn't seem like too much new content, but hopefully most of the bugs have been ironed out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Created warrior character in M&B:Warband - AD 1257. I'm trown in to the world and suddenly there are 50 soldiers below my command..So what i do is,start pillaging the neighbour villages haha,WE ARE GOING TO WAR BURN THE HERETICS Iziziziziiiiuiuiuiuiu. ! .

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Playing XCOM. So far 9 out of 18 soldiers have been Snipers. Currently 8 out of 10 available soldiers are Snipers. Low-level snipers are rubbish. Didn't get a +engineer mission until half way through the second month. This isn't going to be straightforward.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Played some Europa Universalis IV last night. I figured starting as Frysl‚n wasn't the smartest choice for a newcomer, surrounded as it is by the HRE and Burgundy. So I instead chose Sweden with the vague goal of unifying Scandinavia and the British isles. At my second attempt I managed to beat back Denmark and its Norwegian cronies sufficiently for them to grant Sweden independence from a Personal Union. Unfortunately the moment the peace was signed rebels started popping up all across the kingdom. Armies of 5-10 strong easily beat the remaining forces of the Swedish King's. Now Sweden has no army and rebels are running around unopposed. Meh.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    Just finished Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, and while i personally had a great time with it i can see how some people, especially fans of its predecessor, might be more than a bit disappointed by it? Personally i might actually like this one more than The Dark Descent, since, for one, A Machine for Pigs felt more like a Horror game, while the previous one was less Horror and more Terror, if that makes any sense.

Also my UVHM runthrough of Borderlands 2 in coop is currently on hold since my coop buddy apparently thinks that working on his doctor title is more important than shooting and looting, which is just silly, SILLY i say! So i'm passing my time with a second run through Bioshock: Infinite. Lovely Game.