Page 868 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 368768818858866867868869870878918968 ... LastLast
Results 17,341 to 17,360 of 23120
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestledwithgod View Post
    Started playing Dark Soul, after finally finding a fix to the random 15 fps drops I was having. Got all the way to the Capra Demon. Killed it on the first try. Not sure what's going on here, because after the bell gargoyles gave me hell I was expecting a very difficult fight.
    Capra is either really easy or really hard, depending on your style (this becomes true of all the bosses after Anor Londo). If you are a defensive player, Capra will make you its bitch. If you are more offense-oriented, you are set.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    If you are a defensive player, Capra will make you its bitch. If you are more offense-oriented, you are set.
    ...unless you are really, really defense-oriented!

Finished Red Faction: Armageddon and its DLC, despite the far too frequent checkpoint save related frustrations. Like with Gorilla, there's just something about being able to completely demolish buildings that makes an average game into something more. And the nanoforge adds even more to it (it's actually a rather good solution to the problem of destructible worlds, although it wouldn't fit most games, of course). I even started over.

I kind of hope the RF series will be revived at some point. Despite their not too impressive world building and plots, they've always had something fairly unique going.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The PacMac CE DX+ Bonus Extra Banana Doobry Demo went live on Steam yesterday - can I recommend people don't bother with it and JUST BUY THE GAME (out later this week - a mistake to release the demo early given how heavy-handed it is about saying BUY ME )

It's bloody amazing - it's the BEST reboot of a game ever done - but the demo is mean and short and a bit nasty about it.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Looking forward to disagree with you, it was the one game that made my humble purchase suddenly look worthwhile. What's so bad about it?
    Controls are unresponsive, the player's mobility is horribly limited, and both of these things make aiming a real pain, since you can only shoot in a straight line while either standing or crouching. Enemies are bullet sponges: I'm seriously holding down the fire button for four whole seconds with a fully automatic weapon before the basic soldier dies, and I and he can do nothing in the mean time. Though maybe that's because I set it to Hard, that might have been a mistake. Also, the music often just stops playing at most of the stages, which is a shame because it's not your standard VGM fare, it's got a band and everything. The game does look nice, it's got a lot of personality, but that's not enough to make me want to keep playing it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    A non-PC MASTAH RACE post - currently working my way through Infinity Blade III.

God, Chair seem to have all the pieces of a phenomenal game here, but as far as I can tell they just don't know how to put them together - I think the art direction's fantastic, I like the world and the story (even if it is just a second-rate knockoff of Zelazny's masterpiece Lord of Light) and I think the weight and the physicality the series gives to its depiction of people whacking each other with large pieces of metal is unparalleled. At the same time the story is horrendously badly told (if you've not read the two tie-in novels, good luck picking up on half of what's going on), the promised giant world seems to be sadly lacking, regardless of the movement being on rails, and the sense of progression through the game is hopelessly out of whack.

Waltz through pitifully easy enemies until you come to a boss who flattens you, grind away on the low-level enemies until you can afford a weapon that tears through the boss, lather, rinse, repeat. There's no incentive to do anything but cheese the game, and indeed the ridiculous wind-up times and obfuscation on every bloody move the bosses pull practically encourages it. Which means for all the wonderful art and sound (if it's not John Noble doing the Big Bad it's a damn good impersonation) the whole thing keeps turning into Cow Clicker with swords, which it didn't have to be. Oh, welp.

Holy shit, Burnout: Paradise is one hell of a console port. And I don't mean that kindly. It doesn't even have a 'quit game' button, for god's sake. If it does, I can't find it. The configuration utility is locked in a window that cannot be resized, moved or minimised, and its contents don't fit into that window. It doesn't have scrollbars either, so who knows what is on there other than resolution and graphics options. Maybe there's an option to configure the keys on there somewhere, because I couldn't find that either. I was pushing random buttons to figure out how to brake, reverse, and bring up the map.

The game itself is a ton of fun, no complaints there.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    The game does look nice, it's got a lot of personality, but that's not enough to make me want to keep playing it.
    Did you play with a controller or KBM? Thanks for the detailed post.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Did you play with a controller or KBM? Thanks for the detailed post.
    KB&M, you're welcome.

Heyy, I found Burnout: Paradise's quit button. It comes up when you're cycling through the other menus with F1 and F2 and I passed the menus for completion, achievements, and multiplayer before arriving at the screen with video and control options and 'save and quit'. Good to know.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Cycling through menus with F1 and F2. Great idea.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I gave the demo of Valdis Story a go - I enjoyed the developer's last game (Legend of Fae) and I'd probably enjoy this one except for

1 - it's a 'vania' game without a map - WHAT!? Took me 10 mins to get totally and utterly lost and rooms respawn so it's NOT funny
    2 - it locked-solid-dead no less than 3 times in 15 mins - I suspect it's a sound issue as it seems to coincide with new enemies/certain sounds which stick/repeat when the game hangs.

Neither bodes well surely?

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I gave the demo of Valdis Story a go - I enjoyed the developer's last game (Legend of Fae) and I'd probably enjoy this one except for

1 - it's a 'vania' game without a map - WHAT!? Took me 10 mins to get totally and utterly lost and rooms respawn so it's NOT funny
    2 - it locked-solid-dead no less than 3 times in 15 mins - I suspect it's a sound issue as it seems to coincide with new enemies/certain sounds which stick/repeat when the game hangs.

Neither bodes well surely?

Hmm there is a map, you can get to it either in the menu or even have it show up on screen with a simple press of a button on the controller.

FTL, FTL, FTL ,FTL... I can't stop playing this till I beat it...

it's like it's taunting me each time I fail... I manga to go in phase 2 with my engie vessel but it destroyed my shields and overwhelmed me with drones... I hate this boss.

It's an amazing little game...

EDIT: Ok it's done. I totally destroyed the flagship this time around... Breach missiles are amazing... I killed all the crew in phase 1. The rest was cake.
    Last edited by Drayk; 22-09-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Mechwarrior Online

More like MechBORErrior Onlie. It's almost like Counter Strike slowed to a crawl. Customization is the only fun aspect so far. I'm not sure about source material but AFAIR engagements happened on a much greater distances in MW3( only MW I played long enough) and some maps are really claustrophobic in MWO. Not very fun for people armed with LRMs I think.

Probably more fun in a 4-man team w/ Skype.

Saints Row IV

Well, it was fun and all but I don't think it was as good as The Third, it offered pretty much the same only with superpowers and even more jokes/homages. It didn't feel like a standalone product, probably saw lots of cutting due to a difficult development( changing publishers, growing from a DLC to full game etc). Anyway, I didn't complete it 100%, after hacking missions I got bored and just marathoned story missions and then "loyalty missions". Still took me 26 hours. Not bad. Still relatively forgettable.

Notes: I liked dubstep radio. Superpowered Insurance Fraud = superfun. Girls Night Out = best mission.
    No Zimos = fail.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 22-09-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    UEFA Champions League,knockout phase. First match against Chelsea,they beat us 2-1. Second game with Chelsea they take the lead,then score back,at the end we won 4-3 !! WHAT A COMEBACK WHAT A COMEBACK! OLEEEE

Next opponent is Barcelona,fuck me. Gently.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Finished Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I think part of the reason it was a lot scarier than Penumbra is because the monsters aren’t taking obvious patrol patterns. Outlast uses patrolling quite heavily too, but it seems quite unpredictable. I watched Jim Sterling’s Let’s Play of it and he hid in a locker. It didn’t work. The crazed patient did not see Jim go in there, but actively searched hiding places and tore open the locker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Care to share link of that Lets Play video,would love to see that scene where he hides in locker lol.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar

It's at 5:58. There's a bit in the next video (part 4) at 10:40 where Jim's hiding under a bed and the patient searches under the bed across from him. Tense! They seem programmed to search hiding places on occasion so there's always a looming fear of being discovered.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 22-09-2013 at 05:46 PM.

I wasn't quite finished with RF Armageddon, but it started crashing every five to ten minutes, this after I'd played through it twice. The crashes got more and more frequent, starting with only one crash every four to five hours and then eventually happening so often that the game is unplayable. Very weird.

So now I'm playing Red Faction Gorilla. GFWL won't even install, which is possibly due to Win8 (it wouldn't install with Toy Soldiers either, at least). Apparently the new GFWL (Xbox Live or something) works, but so does XLiveless, except that it doesn't save my keybindings so I have to reconfigure those every time I play. Bit annoying, but better than installing GFWL, at least. And all the graphics errors people are getting seem absent from my game too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    GFWL has done more to damage Microsofts reputation to me than anything, even ME.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/