Page 871 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 371771821861869870871872873881921971 ... LastLast
Results 17,401 to 17,420 of 24106
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Yeah! I mean, it definitely didn't change the world, but it was a nice game, it had a good, solid feel to it, a chunky and colourful aesthetic, and lots of spells and different kinds of weapons to play about with.
    Although that game would definitely have benefited from something like Arkham City's "Previously, on the last time you played" recaps of the plot.

Played some Amalur last night. Here is all I can remember from the last time I played:

I ran into a blue elf lady. She was all like "I know who you is, but you don't know who you is, so I won't tell you who you is" and then she left. Then I somehow got stranded on an island where I am fighting the flying dutchman (complete with sock).
    Last edited by gundato; 24-09-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The best way to drift?
    Use a "LEVEL 3 BOOST!"
    Thus a cycle occurs, perpetual boosting is essentially the high level game.
    Indeed. It gets to the point where those rare moments of vulnerability are downright frightening.

Sadly giving up on Dead Island, the balance so far was spot-on most of the time, there were occasional difficulty spikes when levelling up, but most of time that simply made me pick up new tricks to dispatch the zeds more efficiently. Now that I've hit Act II, the trend that started to appear towards the end of Act I has solidified: there's more of them, with bunches popping out of nothing, so I'm fighting against 2 and suddenly I have 3 behind me, obviously I'm swarmed and death is a matter of seconds. On one mission I was respawning in the middle of them, leading to an expensive series of deaths...

I wasn't liking Moresby a lot: the island was a novel setting and an ironic one to boot, but the city, although still well-made, is less interesting and more cliched.

Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    I'm revisiting Hotline Miama, they recently released a version running on their own engine. The gamemaker one crashed constantly for me. This new version seems to work perfectly so far. Achievements seem very tempting all of a sudden. Usually I don't care, but they suit the repetitive nature of the game.
    Interesting, my problems with the game were mainly physics-related, I hope they fixed those too.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Th1ef. I would give all my gold for a functional map.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I wasn't liking Moresby a lot: the island was a novel setting and an ironic one to boot, but the city, although still well-made, is less interesting and more cliched.
    The jungle setting that comes after Moresby is quite okay, if not as original as the beach setting, but the prison that comes after the jungle is boring as hell.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Total War Rome II. The lag on the campaign map is killing me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    Well, I'll reserve judgement then. You have given me confidence that there is indeed a fair bit more to learn as I get better. Onwards! Hopefully I'll agree with you folks as I improve.
    It's one of the things that makes it a great kart racer. Lovely long learning curve. Did you know that you can get a bigger boost from a jump by doing multiple, different flips?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by zaript View Post
    It seems Jim feels same way as you:D

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...eems-generous/
    I know he's said he means to get to it more than once. He's just never actually followed through. Sadface.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Lately for the first time I'm playing an MMORPG (LotRO) in a group with someone who's in the same room as me (Mrs. Berzee). Slow internets + expensive subscriptions + weird router problems kept me and my brothers from having multiple accounts in any of the MMORPGs we played throughout my years of youth. It's good fun and makes the game less of an autopilot experience than when played solo, while still saving me from every having to tolerate the LFG process.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

crazykami
    [for some reason it won't let me delete this spam post, so I'll just edit it ~ Berzee]

Last edited by Berzee; 25-09-2013 at 04:24 PM.

I'm rollin GTA5, 24/7 on da 360. Holla at ya later homez! *peels out*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    Lately for the first time I'm playing an MMORPG (LotRO) in a group with someone who's in the same room as me (Mrs. Berzee). Slow internets + expensive subscriptions + weird router problems kept me and my brothers from having multiple accounts in any of the MMORPGs we played throughout my years of youth. It's good fun and makes the game less of an autopilot experience than when played solo, while still saving me from every having to tolerate the LFG process.
    I did this very thing with my wife and had a fine time with it. Good choice of game.

I think I just spent about an hour searching that damn bracelet in the Thieves Guild mission in, well, Thief. After I had already spent two hours there.
    Worst. Level. Ever.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    AssCreed 2

I'd like this game a lot more if you didn't have to murder all the guards, if you could sneak by them in places like the Templar hideouts. There's no incentive to even try sneak by anyone in the game. The one incentive I can come up with is to try avoid the terrible combat the game has.

Still having fun running around though.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I guess thats why its called Assassins Creed, not Thief

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I've long thought that the AC games would be better served by reducing your lethality and incorporating the parkour elements into the fighting. You would block and dodge in order to find an opening to escape, rather than slaughter everyone. Take a leaf out of Jason Bourne's book. AC3 actually closes in on this a bit since you are swamped by hordes of enemies in the streets, so running away is often less effort anyway, but it's a small improvement in a game which otherwise takes plenty of steps backwards...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Still assassins didn't go just around murdering everyone in the street ..It would be better at least for me and fellow above if you could play the game as medieval some sort of splinter cell,well without shadows stealth system. Imagine you could fight your way like now in AA games,or you could sneak and just murder the victim and sneak out. DAYAAAAAAAAAAAm

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Still assassins didn't go just around murdering everyone in the street ..It would be better at least for me and fellow above if you could play the game as medieval some sort of splinter cell,well without shadows stealth system. Imagine you could fight your way like now in AA games,or you could sneak and just murder the victim and sneak out. DAYAAAAAAAAAAAm
    The original tried that, it just had problems because people realized it was MUCH easier to just parry-kill everything. But there was a much bigger emphasis on getting up close to your foe and silently shanking them, rather than the giant setpiece battles that the Ezio and Cardboard era had. Was fun to just stay in a crowd, bump into them, and hidden blade.

That being said, considering how finicky it gets when there ARE stealth missions, I am VERY glad to have the option to ghost or the option to mass murder everyone.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Liberated Parker, Dust, Oasis and Badlands and have reached the horrible bit in RF Gorilla where I gave up the other times I played it.
    Also, the last battle for Oasis made Mason's coat glitch, so it now looks like he's in a severe storm all the time. Or, the lower part of his coat is, at least.

Great game, actually. There are some wonky reappearences of buildings and such when you start certain missions, but it somehow doesn't matter so much. And unlike RF Armageddon, the checkpoint saves aren't so frustrating. They also put a rather impressive amount of work into the news bulletins; practically everything you do gets a notice, with the right propaganda twist. Driving is a constant amusement because of the way the AI drivers behave (especially when you get in a tank; total panic), although the handling of the cars (or most of them) has the usual problems.
    I also hadn't noticed how the games are tied together by history and various references. Kind of makes me want to replay the first game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    I've long thought that the AC games would be better served by reducing your lethality and incorporating the parkour elements into the fighting. You would block and dodge in order to find an opening to escape, rather than slaughter everyone. Take a leaf out of Jason Bourne's book. AC3 actually closes in on this a bit since you are swamped by hordes of enemies in the streets, so running away is often less effort anyway, but it's a small improvement in a game which otherwise takes plenty of steps backwards...
    Could have done it very easily in AC3 just by making guns actually lethal. Make the muskets kind of inaccurate so a player may have a decent chance of being forgiven an error, but otherwise have them be lethal enough upon hitting that staying a moving or hidden target is far more preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    That being said, considering how finicky it gets when there ARE stealth missions, I am VERY glad to have the option to ghost or the option to mass murder everyone.
    This is very true and is why there should never be a stealth-heavy AC game using the current engine. Game looks beautiful and plays great, but stealth is a pain in the tits. One of the big reasons I preferred AC2 to Brotherhood is it had far less forced stealth sections. Magic 360 vision from enemies and arbitrary limits to how far you can be from a clearly-fucking-visible target do not a fun experience make.