Page 872 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 372772822862870871872873874882922972 ... LastLast
Results 17,421 to 17,440 of 23097
    Liberated Parker, Dust, Oasis and Badlands and have reached the horrible bit in RF Gorilla where I gave up the other times I played it.
    Also, the last battle for Oasis made Mason's coat glitch, so it now looks like he's in a severe storm all the time. Or, the lower part of his coat is, at least.

Great game, actually. There are some wonky reappearences of buildings and such when you start certain missions, but it somehow doesn't matter so much. And unlike RF Armageddon, the checkpoint saves aren't so frustrating. They also put a rather impressive amount of work into the news bulletins; practically everything you do gets a notice, with the right propaganda twist. Driving is a constant amusement because of the way the AI drivers behave (especially when you get in a tank; total panic), although the handling of the cars (or most of them) has the usual problems.
    I also hadn't noticed how the games are tied together by history and various references. Kind of makes me want to replay the first game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    I've long thought that the AC games would be better served by reducing your lethality and incorporating the parkour elements into the fighting. You would block and dodge in order to find an opening to escape, rather than slaughter everyone. Take a leaf out of Jason Bourne's book. AC3 actually closes in on this a bit since you are swamped by hordes of enemies in the streets, so running away is often less effort anyway, but it's a small improvement in a game which otherwise takes plenty of steps backwards...
    Could have done it very easily in AC3 just by making guns actually lethal. Make the muskets kind of inaccurate so a player may have a decent chance of being forgiven an error, but otherwise have them be lethal enough upon hitting that staying a moving or hidden target is far more preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    That being said, considering how finicky it gets when there ARE stealth missions, I am VERY glad to have the option to ghost or the option to mass murder everyone.
    This is very true and is why there should never be a stealth-heavy AC game using the current engine. Game looks beautiful and plays great, but stealth is a pain in the tits. One of the big reasons I preferred AC2 to Brotherhood is it had far less forced stealth sections. Magic 360° vision from enemies and arbitrary limits to how far you can be from a clearly-fucking-visible target do not a fun experience make.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    I guess thats why its called Assassins Creed, not Thief
    Except that the random guards are not your target. You're a pretty shit assassin if you've to cut your way through an army of men in order to reach your target. You're a much better one if you've made it to the target undetected, done the deed and left undetected again.

The game makes a big fuss about not killing civilians and I'm told later it says the same about animals. Well what have any of those guards done apart from being employed by someone whose on your hit list done to deserve being shanked?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    The game makes a big fuss about not killing civilians and I'm told later it says the same about animals. Well what have any of those guards done apart from being employed by someone whose on your hit list done to deserve being shanked?
    Being guards. Guards and soldiers should be aware of the possibility of dying in order to protect their bosses. If they just surrendered and left you wouldn't kill them, but as long as they are doing their job it's assumed they might be killed by anyone.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Very humanistic outlook you have there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Ah guards are guards,every here and there i kill one when we go to mall. I'm like DONT STAY IN MA WAY BITCH and you know,shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Very humanistic outlook you have there.
    If you accept a job wich implies danger, you must assume you might suffer harm. I'm not saying they deserve to die, I'm saying it makes sense to kill them on the game's situation, even when you don't kill "innocents". They have a job and the assasin has another, and both jobs conflict with each other. Thus the guards must must fight the assasin, and the assasin must fight the guards.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Ah guards are guards,every here and there i kill one when we go to mall. I'm like DONT STAY IN MA WAY BITCH and you know,shit happens.
    Because it's totally the same thing to be a mall guard than being tasked with protecting and important figure wich might realistically be the target of assasination attemps, like a Doge od a Pope.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Yeah I don't buy into the "oh they're guards, they knew the risk so it's ok to kill them". The game would be better if the guards a) didn't all try hero attack you on sight and b) you had less lethal ways to deal with them.

If the game had some kind of batman like fear system, it might be better. If you had a billy bat or some sort of chemical on a rag to knock guys out with, it'd be better.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Yeah I don't buy into the "oh they're guards, they knew the risk so it's ok to kill them". The game would be better if the guards a) didn't all try hero attack you on sight and b) you had less lethal ways to deal with them.

If the game had some kind of batman like fear system, it might be better. If you had a billy bat or some sort of chemical on a rag to knock guys out with, it'd be better.
    Well, of course it'd be better, I'm not denying that. But sadly it's not like that, I was just saying that, in the context the game puts you in, it makes sense for the main character to kill them, basically because of shortcomings on the game design. But of course, other options should be available in order to make the game better and it's inner logic more ocnsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Well, of course it'd be better, I'm not denying that. But sadly it's not like that, I was just saying that, in the context the game puts you in, it makes sense for the main character to kill them, basically because of shortcomings on the game design. But of course, other options should be available in order to make the game better and it's inner logic more ocnsistent.
    That's why dishonored, thief an Mark of the ninja are way better Assassin games than AC...

What I am playing... It's more what I am not playing, I don't have time to play and I don't like that.

I play a bit of Stealth bastard on the vita. I love this game.

I hope I can play a bit of Bioshock tonight. I also hope i can fix this stuttering problem the game has...

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Finished a Europa Universalis IV game as Sweden last night. I think I was in 11th place or so on the Magic Rank of States, but unlike most of those other states, the people of Sweden had enjoyed almost 200 years of uninterrupted peace, trade and prosperity.

The numerous evenings I spend on the game prove that it's engrossing enough, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed that culture, trade and 'general welfare' aren't made out to be more important aspects of the game.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing how starting as Persia (in 1505 or so) changes the experience. Should be interesting!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm back to EU4 after the patch, in the final stretch with my Portugal game (still playing that? Yep, I always play at the lowest speed).

Also back to Race 07, especially after the lovely folks at Race, Petrol, Skid started a hotlap competition, which made me realize how slow I am, but it's a lot of fun! Come join us if you like racing, it's just down there in the multiplayer forum!

With the Going East DLC, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is once more my "let's just chill" game. One late-night delivery a day keeps (some of) the stress away.

And there's also, er, Cookie Clicker. So many grandmas. Look at all the grandmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    And there's also, er, Cookie Clicker. So many grandmas. Look at all the grandmas.
    Yeah I know that pain. Nearly cracked 1 trillion cookies a second. Oh my

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    So I went and 99%'d Blacklist.

It ends in a quick time event mini game which I can't do because it's tuned around progressive movement of for example a an analogue stick on a 360 pad.

What a disgusting wart on an otherwise wonderful game.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Not sure when I first played Red Faction Gorilla, but it was quite some years ago and I've played it numerous times since then, but never made it past the horrible bit. I did this time and it only took three tries even (I suspect I got very lucky that my 'helpers' for once didn't get in the way enough to ruin things).
    Finished the game, although I did skip some of the Transporter missions; the vehicle handling sometimes makes it too frustrating to do timed runs (same as in Just Cause 2). On keyboard, at least.
    Fun game.

Now I'm playing the bonus mission (which I didn't even know existed). It's surprisingly different and has a good lot of new vehicles and weapons. And playing as a Marauder is rather different too, not least because your allies are all stark raving insane.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    I like the lack of rhythm to the violence in Far Cry 2. You can go for hours without being in any real danger and then suddenly lose three buddies in the space of ten minutes, without any of it feeling forced or wrong. It just is what it is.

I'm consistently amazed by how a game with such limited components can continue to feel fresh every time I sit down and play it.

I am 2,5 hours in Bioshock. Just rescued Elizabeth and got past the beach part.

So far it's a nice game, the setting is interesting and fairly beautiful but I am a bit dissapointed. It doesn't blow my mind. Plus Booker accept the strangest things pretty quietly. Oh Well we'll see how it turns out later.

Some little touches are nice, like the first tear in Paris (hey that's sound like a good movie title : First tear in Paris...). and the contemporary music played in an old fashioned way (Its pretty obvious where this is coming from)

I died once because I was careless, but so far it's a bit too easy.
    Last edited by Drayk; 26-09-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Liberated Parker, Dust, Oasis and Badlands and have reached the horrible bit in RF Gorilla where I gave up the other times I played it.
    Wait until you see the last mission...
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Wait until you see the last mission...
    heh. I did. It took a couple of tries, but I'm learning to not listen too closely when being told to hurry up, so I took it slowly and carefully and actually got the tank to the top (or as close as you can get), but only just. Then I splattered everything up there with thermobaric rockets.
    (ETA: I have been playing on Casual, though. Harder difficulties seem too frustrating).

Tanks in Gorilla handle very weirdly and not at all like the cars. Half my deaths in tanks are due to driving over cliffs or getting stuck because they do not go where I want them to. Bit of a shame because they're fun otherwise.
    Last edited by Similar; 26-09-2013 at 03:17 PM.

ah. One thing I've really been missing in RF Gorilla was a reconstruction gadget like RF Armageddon's. I just found a mod that does that and it's nearly as good. There are things you can't recreate, but apparently because they weren't realistic to start with, i.e. a part of a walkway that isn't properly supported can't be recreated (or if you can it'll collapse after a bit. Which is really rather impressive).
    So now I'm spending as much time reconstructing stuff as destroying it. Very fun.