Page 885 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 385785835875883884885886887895935985 ... LastLast
Results 17,681 to 17,700 of 22758
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC. A lengthy discussion about the game with a friend has rekindled my interest, and I figured giving the DLC I had so far avoided a try wouldn't be such a bad thing. Turns out it isn't, and I'm already looking forward to playing the game in its entirety again.

I'm also eyeing the Assassin's Creed III sale on Steam, but I'm determined to wait until I've finished my AC-backlog.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Obscure Node
    Playing XCOM Enemy Unkown right now, as I bought it at launch, but hadnīt been able to play more than 5-10 hours.
    I was going to play the Mass Effect trilogy from the start, but Mass Effect 1 refuses to launch from that Origin thing :(

Underhell, Overgrowth mods.

Played a game of Teleglitch. That went quite well, I had reached level 2 without much trouble, had a sizeable arsenal and wasn't particularly low on health when the framerate dropped like a rock and it became nigh unplayable. So I quit and restart, and find out that it doesn't save on exit.

Fuck.

So I've FINALLY got Civ V (via the CVG giveaway) and am looking forward to get stuck into it. Anything interesting in Steam Workshop I should try?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Well, most people seem to regard Civ: Nights as the best there is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, I was playing Splinter Cell Blacklist, and then this happened:

(3:59:44 PM) serenegoose: and at the fantastic UI of the year awards
    (3:59:59 PM) serenegoose: we have every game designer who thinks 'restart level' and 'restart checkpoint' should be right next to each other
    (4:00:09 PM) serenegoose: lined up
    (4:00:19 PM) serenegoose: next to the 'arseholes for execution' awards.
    (4:00:25 PM) serenegoose: let's hope nobody mixes the two up
    (4:00:30 PM) serenegoose: in an ironic twist of fate.

So I guess I'm not going to play that for a while til I can be bothered running through content I've already ran through.

considering that you can count the number of story-based games I've ever really replayed on 3 fingers, you can surmise that this might take a while. I don't enjoy repeating content.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post

(3:59:59 PM) serenegoose: we have every game designer who thinks 'restart level' and 'restart checkpoint' should be right next to each other

So I guess I'm not going to play that for a while til I can be bothered running through content I've already ran through.

considering that you can count the number of story-based games I've ever really replayed on 3 fingers, you can surmise that this might take a while. I don't enjoy repeating content.
    You were playing a game and then started talking/typing to yourself?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    You were playing a game and then started talking/typing to yourself?
    haw haw.

No, that's every game I play.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    haw haw.

I swear excessively, creatively and coarsley at videogames

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    haw haw.

It's called live blogging, try to keep up.

Blacklist ate my save and I lost hours of progress.

Yeah, that was baaad.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

A very kind RPS person gifted me Ace Patrol and as mentioned by others, it's a really rather pleasant little casual game. Except it turns out to not be so little and not so casual either. It has that just-one-mission attraction (so don't play it while cooking, as I found out).

Judging from the leaderboards, I'm not very good at it, though.

Took a break from Borderlands (I'm in New Haven and began feeling a bit of sidequest fatigue) with Escape Goat. Game's lovely, and nonchalantly dispenses little nuggets of wisdom like this:

My only complaint is how the difficulty ramps up in the second half. I've got to Room 9/10 in one sitting, but my swearing was out of control.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar

I'm put in mind of trying to play Double Agent. God that interface was terrible. It wasn't even console-interface-for-pc terrible. I honestly didn't understand who would have wanted to use a controller for that interface either. Also the tutorial section was AWFUL. It actually made me MORE confused. Which was a shame because it was a wonderful CONCEPT for a tutorial.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Obscure Node
    Life sucking game no1 -> civilization V brave new world
    Life sucking game no2 -> x3 terran conflict

So after a few tries, I reach level 3 in Teleglitch and - surprise! - the enemies have guns.

That's something to keep in mind the next time I get that far.

Quote Originally Posted by adamosmaki View Post
    Life sucking game no1 -> civilization V brave new world
    Life sucking game no2 -> x3 terran conflict
    See you next year!
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Beat Alan Wake. Started out not really sold on it but in the end, okay, I admit it, that was fun. Awkward, clumsy design, over-reaching plot, repetitive, not especially difficult (dear Lord, I was playing on Hard?), and yet oddly entertaining for all that - the atmosphere, the conviction with which it tries to sell the narrative, the little flashes of thought and maturity and genuine emotion in amongst all the silliness... I liked it. I'm not sure I'd feel quite as forgiving if I'd paid full price for it, but picked up on sale that was an entertaining twelve hours despite some very rough edges. I might even play it again, at least to tick off a few more achievements (and I haven't done the DLC yet, either).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    and done with BG2:SoA. off to ToB.

Trine 2 may be exceedingly pretty but I've arrived at the DLC content now and my GOD does it get irritating. I know I don't really have to get all the experience pickups but I'm too completionist to leave them uncollected, and half of the time I have no idea whether I was supposed to get them with a horribly convoluted combination of abilities or if they required me to do that. When I miss an experience orb by mere milimeters the floatiness of the platforming is even more evident, and it's infuriating.