Page 9 of 1179 FirstFirst ... 789101119591095091009 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Terraria - really surprised by how much I like it. A continual pleasure to play.

Independence War 2 - a classic. Best ship-to-ship fighting of any space game I've played.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I've just finished Demon's Souls on the PS3 (FINALLY!) and have to say it's made a spectacular lurching crash through the critical walls of memory and into my all time top 10. What a bloody brilliant game. I honestly can't remember the last time I played a game that induced such a basic physical response in me, literally heart pounding, blood rushing, finger shaking tension as I came close to the killing blow on the final boss (having been murdered by him on thousands of previous and doomed attempts)

Now to play it through on NG+ (40% raised difficulty on playthrough 2 essentially) hurrah!

About to start Mass Effect (the first)
    I've played both mass effects before, but at a friend house so I never actually played with the same shepard on both games. Now that I have a machine capable of running the games I'm gonna rectify that.

Still witchin' strong. :) Made my way to Chapter 2. Fought a hunky bald man with a sword, jedi style. Got my ass handed to me, repeatedly. Learned how important the timing is when blocking blows. Fought the hunky baldy again. Cut through him like butter. Don't cry, bald man! It is OK.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Tasty Planet is a 2D katamari-a-like, it was $2 on d2d (alongside run dino run) so I played the trial and I bought it when the trial ran out... for my 4 year old daughter you understand.

Just bought and started Planescape Torment. Been meaning to play it for eons and, well, now I've finally started to do so. Excited.

I wish I were at home so I could be playing some Company of Heroes. Right now I'm playing Microsoft Excel cause I'm at work. This game sucks.

Obscure Node
    finished The Witcher 2 a couple days ago. It's a shame about the ending, really. Chapter 3 doesn't have a single interesting side quest, there's like one real main quest and on top of that the level design is poor. The game just betrays its principles, there's no resolution to your decisions and no new dilemmas.

Finished the witcher 2 earlier, *spoilers ahead people* (sorry squirrelfanatic, my brain switched off I wasn't thinking)

personally I am with Letho on this one, I mean what does Geralt see in this Yennefer character? From what I have seen there isn't one sorceress in either game that could be described as decent or good, they all seem obsessed with manipulating everyone around them simply because they enjoy the power trip. Even Triss spent most of the first game happily manipulating Geralt so she could become an advisor to a king, if she had managed to keep her position she probably would have left the guy to rot in jail. Honestly, if this Yennefer is anything like the other sorceresses (Letho suggests she is) I am going to call shenanigans, she must have cast some sort of spell on poor Geralt because nobody can be that fucking gullible.

oh and great game too.
    Last edited by 8-bit; 07-06-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Bear in mind that Yennifer as described by Letho is post-wild hunt and therefore amnesiac. Admittedly losing his memory didn't turn Geralt into a whiny entitled eedjet, but there's probably more to the character than that. Presumably she's a character in the books that take place before Witcher 1, has anyone actually read them?

Playing League of Legends and giving Fallout NV a second playthrough with both the bits of DLC and the rather cool Project Nevada mod, I haven't actually gotten as far as either of the dlc bits yet because I'm not high enough level.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Activated Node
    Picked up The Witcher 2 and Brink yesterday so playing a lot of those at the moment. Brink seems to be a lot more fun in MP on PC than it did on consoles.

I've been pretty pleased with Brink, but it hasn't held my attention like BFBC2 did last year. And I've been back to BFBC2 recently, too. I am not sure I will be playing Brink next year.

8-bit, Jockie - keep in mind that some people haven't finished or played the game yet. Please use spoiler alerts if you comment on story content and such.

Just Fable 3. Having a bit of a rough time with exams, so that's the only thing I can fit in. Can play it by my own pace, and it's fun.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossignol View Post
    I've been pretty pleased with Brink, but it hasn't held my attention like BFBC2 did last year. And I've been back to BFBC2 recently, too. I am not sure I will be playing Brink next year.
    Agreed. Brink will survive amongst the hardcore competitive gamers for a long time though. Only thing that will get me going back to it after the initial month or so is new maps.

Just finished Mass Effect 2 and I enjoyed every minute of it. Great characters, solid combat and a well-told story. I loved the first game as well, and now I'm pumped for the third installment.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    over the weekend i put 22 hours in terraria. which was fun both in SP and MP on RPS server (fought eye and Eater as well as managed to get rocket boots during the invasion.)
    will take a break from it and now i need to finish GK: Sins of father. difficult game. just on day 2 but i already had to use a walk through.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    will take a break from it and now i need to finish GK: Sins of father. difficult game. just on day 2 but i already had to use a walk through.
    One of the best adventure games ever. But yeah, there are some incredibly difficult puzzles.

Obscure Node Where Is My Halftime Pie?'s Avatar
    I'm just getting into Lord of the Rings Online, as well as fighting to move Forest up the Premier League on FIFA Manager 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    One of the best adventure games ever. But yeah, there are some incredibly difficult puzzles.
    and one puzzle that requires you spend half an hour messing around with the game speed in DosBox, I tell you that was a difficult one, no in game clues at all for that.