Page 900 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 4008008508908988999009019029109501000 ... LastLast
Results 17,981 to 18,000 of 22726
    Obscure Node
    STALKER Clear sky Factions wars mod 3.8 beta

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Drove around a bit in the SpinTires Tech Demo. It's very bare-bones, but I like what's there. The morphing terrain and the plentiful rocks and crests do a good job of straining the car's suspension to its limits.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Some people have said it sucks compared to the first - anyone care to field that>??
    Sanctum 2 was seemingly released in a rather rough state:

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Picked up Sanctum 2 expecting a sequel to Sanctum 1, my all time favorite tower defense game. Instead, I got a mediocre FPS with an incredibly small, underdeveloped tower defense element. From the single most strategic tower defense game I've ever played to a clunky, brainless FPS in a single iteration, what the hell happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    My brother bought Sanctum 2 so i played it too and i am kinda underwhelmed by it also. What i find annoying the most is:

1. Tower Limit, maze limit at the beginnig.
    2. I don't think that bosses scale to SP so they are harder to defeat. Also for example on a 2 way map i put more turrets on one side and defended the other which had less turrets, but when the boss came he went from the side with most turrets, but since i wasn't there he destroyed all the turrets so too many enemies came and i lost. Not really fair for single-player play.
    3. There are HUGE stretches of the maps where you can't build anything and it's right next to the core. C'MON!.
    But post-release support has apparently been quite good at addressing some of the main complaints:

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Yup, they're listening to the community and gradually walking it back towards Sanctum 1, which is nice to see. I'm also glad Coffee Stain has decided not to have an ego about this, it further raises my opinion of them.

It's worth noting that, having gotten to the end, the game does steadily get better as it goes, and culminates in a final level genuinely worthy of the original game. It's just unfortunate that the pinnacle of the sequel should only be equal to the original, and that the nadir should be right at the beginning of the game and so very far below the original.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I've been playing that new game wot lets me be Batman.

So far I've beaten the second boss and as a Batman fanboy the game so far has made me squee far too much than any man should. The fight with Deathstroke was spot on and just so fun.
    It dragged on a bit, and I remain at a loss as to when exactly I was allowed to hit... that boss and when I was not (as in, bad Batman, now you'll instantly get hit by an unblockable counter). Also it was weird that there seemed to be no logic as to what phases the boss would go into - first time I got a variation but all the other times it was basically just the same QTE three times in a row.

Still, it was a lot more fun (and easier) than some of the reviews led me to believe - it looked incredible, and there was a real sense of a struggle between equals (or near-equals) going on.

I've been playing that new game wot lets me be Batman.

So far I've beaten the second boss and as a Batman fanboy the game so far has made me squee far too much than any man should. The fight with Deathstroke was spot on and just so fun.
    I'm playing the same thing and enjoying it very much. The only gripe I have is how much I use Detective Mode, it obscures the pretty graphics too much. A simple highlight or transparency-through-walls mode would be more conducive to the atmosphere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Walp, I just achieved the completion of a birthday celebration, so it looks like tomorrow I will be playing (or at least deciding betwixt) the following:

Splinter Cell (the original and/or Pandora Tomorrow)
    Fortune Winds: Ancient Trader
    Crusader Kings 2
    The Stanley Parable
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Incredipede, which plays like a mediocre flash game. Disappointed because it could be more.
    Arkham City again, which is just a good game through and through.
    Brutal Legend for Halloween. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    It dragged on a bit, and I remain at a loss as to when exactly I was allowed to hit... that boss and when I was not (as in, bad Batman, now you'll instantly get hit by an unblockable counter). Also it was weird that there seemed to be no logic as to what phases the boss would go into - first time I got a variation but all the other times it was basically just the same QTE three times in a row.

Still, it was a lot more fun (and easier) than some of the reviews led me to believe - it looked incredible, and there was a real sense of a struggle between equals (or near-equals) going on.
    You're allowed hit him whenever you want to, but if you try to counter him too early, before the prompts he smacks you around. You never got hit by an unblockable counter, you just tried to block (probably out of instinct) before you where prompted to. That's Deathstroke's how thing, he's as much as master at hand to hand combat, perhaps even more so than Batman, meaning he can pick up on your attempts to counter him and counter you back. If you watch the fights closely you notice anytime he's actually counter-able, he's left himself open because he's probably focusing his strength or jumping.

I will agree that he could have used a little less HP.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Mr. Bree+
    , from the Groupees Bundle.

It started out as an incredible and charming game, but the last few levels became incresingly frustrating. The pixel-perfect precision, luck and/or timing required to get through some levels (often dying 50+ times in the process) can be infuriating.

Still I pressed on... and ended up getting rewarded by what is apparently a game-stopping bug in the LAST segment of the LAST FUCKIN' LEVEL. Now I can't even get the closure of just beating it (without even attempting the hellish challenge of getting all puzzle pieces to open up the secret levels).

What a waste. I hope this gets a little more polish before it's greenlit. It's otherwise excellent.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You're allowed *spoilers snipped*
    I will agree that he could have used a little less HP.

Nope, not in my experience; the prompts are easy, yes, but if you hit him when he's simply standing there, there didn't seem to be a proper pattern to when you could land a blow without him instantly going into a counter which had no prompt to send it back again. I thought it might be when he was talking or playing an idle animation (spinning his staff) but sometimes that seemed to work, sometimes not. Sometimes I got a free hit - I wasn't countering anything, I was simply punching him and it landed - sometimes for all intents and purposes I'd be doing the exact same thing and he'd just block it then hit me back. So I just stopped initiating attacks at all, other than maybe sneaking the odd free punch in after a counter, and some of those still seemed to get me punished for no reason at all. I'm prepared to admit I read it wrong, obviously, but I don't think it's as simple as you're making it out to be either.

Still, far, far, far from the worst flaw in a boss fight I've ever come across. I still really liked it, and I'd happily play that bit again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    a game-stopping bug in the LAST segment of the LAST FUCKIN' LEVEL.
    Ouch. You just know when they do patch that they'll add something else that breaks compatibility with the previous version's save files...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Left 4 Dead 2 cos it's Halloweeny time and I ain't played it much. I'm bad at it but its very enjoyable even if it does scare my dog (which it does)

On the Batman note I would like to play a Batman game which was more along noirish lines of Year One or Gotham Central. I know there's the detective element to City and Origins but I don't think it takes much cerebral skill when you have all the gadgets which effectively do it for you. And there is so so much unnecessary punching.
    Last edited by sonson; 26-10-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Been playing Batman: Shitty VOice Actor edition

Honestly, there are some parts I really like. Deathstroke was a badass. I really like that Batman is being a detective this time around. I like that Bruce is still "learning" how to be Batman (even if it has been two years...). Then there is stuff like the really awkward dialogue ("a pwnbox". Really Barbara?) and that they are just trying too hard to evoke Year One's "Batman VS Gordon" without actually having read Year One.

And the voice acting is just bad. Batman's voice is basically all the worst aspects of Bale-bat.

That being said, I am taking a break because these bugs are pissing me off. Bad enough that lots of contextual hotspots just don't work (I apparently can't climb into a vent in an Enigma tower), but I also keep getting stuck on geometry.

Also, I don't know if it is a bug or not, but the grapple accelerator seems a LOT slower. And Batman seems to be unable to hook onto a large majority of the rooftops, which just makes navigation a chore.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Finally giving Human Revolution a decent go. It may be starting to grab me now, but by god it has taken a while

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh, Crysis 2, I was actually enjoying you quite a bit, but this? Fight off fifteen aliens or more with NPCs screaming at me to get a move on - even though you cannot run past enemies when the game won't let you - and then do a Matrix jump that's absolutely impossible to judge and then oh, whoops, you failed? Better do it all again, then. No thanks. I don't care if this is the penultimate level - uninstalled, bye.

I still think the Crysis games are some of the worst ever examples of developers trying to create a virtual setting that makes you feel superhuman. I have never, ever once felt like an armoured tin god or an invisible predator playing any Crysis game; despite the spectacular production values I've always been constantly consumed by the terrifying awareness my powers last five seconds at best under pressure, and that I'll die in moments if I get surrounded. Sure, I can do cool stuff, and I can make it seem to an observer as if my enemies never had a chance, but it never, ever feels like that for me. Crackdown made me feel superhuman - still vulnerable if I was stupid, but superhuman nonetheless, able to do just about what the hell I liked within certain easily workable limits and always able to get away from danger with the minimum of hassle if I chose. Crysis simply doesn't come close.

Oh, well. I had fun, but yeah, never going back knowing that idiotic set piece is waiting, and I'm suddenly rather less eager to see any more of Crysis 3. I doubt I'd ever buy anything from Crytek full price again, either (yes, yes, I know they've sailed off in the good ship F2P, but still).
    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 26-10-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You're not missing anything by quitting crysis 2 at that point. It actually gets a little more bullshit right at the end. And I'm saying that as someone who otherwise perfectly enjoyed the rest of the game.

Dark Souls. I equipped the rusted iron ring to kill the chaos eaters near the fog door in Lost Izalith, died, and ran straight into lava without the orange charred ring on the way back. Fuck. Anyway, anything I should know about this boss? I keep hearing it's one of the more unfair, and both ceaseless discharge and the centipede demon brutalized me.

Quote Originally Posted by wrestledwithgod View Post
    Dark Souls. I equipped the rusted iron ring to kill the chaos eaters near the fog door in Lost Izalith, died, and ran straight into lava without the orange charred ring on the way back. Fuck. Anyway, anything I should know about this boss? I keep hearing it's one of the more unfair, and both ceaseless discharge and the centipede demon brutalized me.
    It saves your progress if you die or quit.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I keep hearing
    Don't listen to those voices in your head. Uninstall your browser.
    Nail your windows and doors shut.

If I remember right, there's a shortcut trough the door next to where you fought the firesage.. There's a mean capra demon there but that's all... way quicker than trough the lava pit.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Been playing Batman: Shitty VOice Actor edition

That being said, I am taking a break because these bugs are pissing me off. Bad enough that lots of contextual hotspots just don't work (I apparently can't climb into a vent in an Enigma tower), but I also keep getting stuck on geometry.

Also, I don't know if it is a bug or not, but the grapple accelerator seems a LOT slower. And Batman seems to be unable to hook onto a large majority of the rooftops, which just makes navigation a chore.
    That vent in an Enigma tower is broken for me too. But yeah, I was quite enjoying it until during a Predator encounter a minion got stuck in the telemetry and I couldn't take him out. With a sigh I hit the 'Restart from Checkpoint' button and then this happened:

So yeah, like 8-9 hours down the drain by the looks of things.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter