Page 901 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 4018018518918999009019029039119511001 ... LastLast
Results 18,001 to 18,020 of 24110
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I noticed Sanctum 2 has a demo so I leapt into that between driving lorries and trains and - erm...

They appear to have tried to make it into a more 'FPS' and less 'TD' game and I'm not sure that's successful!?

The most notable difference - at least in the demo - is that the enemies now notice and target you which has it's plusses and minuses in itself.

I'm liking their unlocking system but the whole thing feels smaller/simpler/less involving than Sanctum did - and that's just single player!?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    Finally giving Human Revolution a decent go. It may be starting to grab me now, but by god it has taken a while

Me too, with the starting it properly. I'm in the middle of the Montreal section (I'm trying to avoid spoilers in my descriptions here, but frankly the game's been out for long enough now, right? One of the interesting things is how playable the storyline is, even though I basically know the plot beforehand...), and the stealth approach is finally getting pretty damn hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    If I remember right, there's a shortcut trough the door next to where you fought the firesage.. There's a mean capra demon there but that's all... way quicker than trough the lava pit.
    There is a hidden bonfire much closer to the boss. One of the temple buildings in the lava lake area has a false wall.

Killed it with less difficulty than I expected. Still, I'm not exactly sure on what From was thinking. The Demon Ruins and Izalith both simply felt lazy all around, the Bed especially. I mean, basing a boss fight on on repeated, mostly unavoidable deaths? Really? Meh. Here's hoping the rest of the game picks up after that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    On the topic of arkham origins:

Is it just me or is the "don't be seen" predator "challenge" absurdly hard (at later stages of the game)? Essentially I missed doing it back when predator encounters didn't throw all the nasty stuff at you and now I'm *always* told that I was spotted once (never more!), despite painstakingly clearing the room and not being shot at once.

Just started a new XCOM: EU classic ironman campaign, with no one is born equal. And I fear my first terror mission is going to end in a total wipe, wich is particularly troubling since, expecting lots of trouble I took the best soldiers I had ready. The thing is, both my supports were wounded, so I had to give Zhang the medikit (I gave it to him because he is the one with more hitpoints). A chrisalyd managed to pull through four instances of overwatch fire at point blank range with one hitpoint and one-shotted zhang. Then a floater killed my sniper and one of the three soldiers left panicked.
    I either get my guys running back to the extraction zone or I find some way to get out of this alive with two and a half soldiers.

Obscure Node
    I've been playing a fair bit of Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes this past week, and now Distant Worlds: Shadows today. Good fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Been playing Batman: Shitty VOice Actor edition

And the voice acting is just bad. Batman's voice is basically all the worst aspects of Bale-bat.
    Apart from the moments when he says "where is he?" Roger Craig Smith sounds enough like Kevin Conroy for you not to notice unless you go out of your way to do so. And if the phrase "where is he?" wasn't made into such a meme surrounding Bale it also wouldn't be nearly as noticeable. This is young batman, full of piss and vinegar. To call him a shitty voice actor or say the voice is bad or comparable to Bale is bullshit. Troy Baker is also right on the money as Joker.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Finished DMC Devil May Cry. Since I had no previous experience with the franchise, I thought it was an enjoyable, stylish, and very competent spectacle fighter. Now on the Batman: Arkham Oranges.

I'm around 30 hours into Crusader Kings 2 and just noticed there is no naval combat, what the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    I'm around 30 hours into Crusader Kings 2 and just noticed there is no naval combat, what the fuck.
    You're in luck, since there's 2 more years of DLC we'll possibly get that eventually.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Surprised me as well but apparently it's historically accurate? Word is ships in these days weren't suited for naval combat of any sort (apart from the odd skirmish I guess)

As a Halloween special a couple of friends and I decided to put on our big-boy pants and try playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

We started shortly after dark, with the curtains drawn and all the lights in the house off. We were also all in separate rooms, but in the same voice chat channel, which worked out pretty well with the mic's picking up voices when spoken.

And well, it was a pretty enjoyable experience. I've played the first hour of it before, so I had some idea of what to expect, and wasn't really expecting to get scared, and for the first we while I didn't. The water area was more annoying than scary, but the puzzle's were just the right amount of difficult, (not really obscure, but not in your face obvious either).
    Got as far as trying to get the elevator working, when all three of us got lost/stuck in the study.

The section before that though, in the storage? holy-balls. I think all three of us screamed/yelled a little when we got to it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Everyone who's playing Batman should read this (no, it doesn't have anything to do with AO, but trust me).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Everyone who's playing Batman should read this (no, it doesn't have anything to do with AO, but trust me).
    I did! Cobbett should write twoface in the next batman game he's in. His lines were the best.

Played a few hours into Path of exile and I like what they did with the (amazing) passive skills tree and using stones for the active one. Things that let's you play with builds and abilities extensively, even on lower levels.
    But on top of all those there is yet another action RPG that's not much different from the rest of the crowd. And as someone who mostly plays solo, I had much more fun from other games in the genre.
    The levels seems to be "empty" with nothing to do besides smashing monsters and collecting drops and the MMO stuff doesn't help either - a couple of time I lost progress due to loss of connection and the lack of a pause (took a short bathroom break and got killed by a wandering zombie).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Started playing enslaved and so far it started nicely,but the framerate is so choppy,i hope it gets better in the next parts of game. Otherwise its pretty basic port,graphic options are resolution and gamma :| Fighting on other hand is quite simple same with platforming. Monkey character i like :3

I started playing DXHRDC, but I don't remember performance being this poor when I played it the first time. I keep turning down settings but it doesn't get much better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I started playing DXHRDC, but I don't remember performance being this poor when I played it the first time. I keep turning down settings but it doesn't get much better.
    DEHR original run smoothly at 25fps on my AMD3200 and 4850. on med settings.... is your computer better than that?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Even if its very linear and combat is quite easy,same with platoforming,i still quite enjoy Enslaved. The characters are so lifelike,we need more this kind of games on pc!