Page 905 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 4058058558959039049059069079159551005 ... LastLast
Results 18,081 to 18,100 of 22758
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Yeah, the helicopter mission was hell, but I remember getting through the sniper one alright most of the time playing it. It helps you become a better sniper, if that's any consolation, as you sometimes end up doing three quarters of the work. Shame there's no co-op in 4, that would've been an incentive for me but I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying it anyway when the right deal comes along.

Interesting that there are weapon unlocks for SP, does that mean there's a SP loadout screen on Battlelog or does it just mean you find the weapons you unlock on the floor in missions, as in Hotline Miami? Thanks for the info, I'm surprised by how little I know about BF4 considering BF3 was and still is the only competitive multiplayer shooter I play now.
    If you ever played Bad Company 2, the BF4 SP campaign uses that approach. You find guns in the map, or you can use a weapon crate to pick two pre-configured guns from your armory. You start every level with a specific loadout, but you can swap it out to whatever you want pretty quick.

And yeah, I wouldn't have minded just doing the sniper mission solo, but the problem was teammates who would start shooting instantly or hit the wrong targets.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Playing Bully. As a teacher, I find it delightful.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I'm having a long anticipated day off and playing The Walking Dead. Had time for the first three episodes, will see when I get an opportunity to finish the season.

As everyone has been telling me, it's really good, especially all parts with Clementine in them. My main - and only, really - gripe is THE FUCKING QTE:s! Pure. B. S. I had to replay two particular sequences near the end of episode 2 a whole bunch of times because of arbitrary button reasons that had nothing to do with my decision-making. Stupid that a game otherwise quite excellent is afflicted by this classic trope.

A secondary problem related to the above is that at least one of the "make an important choice, NOW!"-sequences didn't really show me that I had two options until after a second or two, by which time I had already clicked buttons since it all felt so urgent. Nothing catastrophic happened that time, but if the game is going to give me crap for that decision later I'm going to get pissed, since the reason I made the choice was being unaware of it being a choice!

Otherwise, I really dig the persistence of your actions. I know some decisions are not as meaningful as the game leads you to believe, but I don't really want to know the technical details. It feels as if I'm making some sort of mark on this world, which is excellent and reality can stay outside for a while thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Yeah, the helicopter mission was hell, but I remember getting through the sniper one alright most of the time playing it. It helps you become a better sniper, if that's any consolation, as you sometimes end up doing three quarters of the work. Shame there's no co-op in 4, that would've been an incentive for me but I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying it anyway when the right deal comes along.

Interesting that there are weapon unlocks for SP, does that mean there's a SP loadout screen on Battlelog or does it just mean you find the weapons you unlock on the floor in missions, as in Hotline Miami? Thanks for the info, I'm surprised by how little I know about BF4 considering BF3 was and still is the only competitive multiplayer shooter I play now.
    Odd question, but did I do the helicopter mission with you?

Yeah its a shitty mission, I only got to be gunner once of the 5 times I played it, and by god I am a terrible helicopter pilot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    More Batman AO. I completely nerded out after the *spoilers* fight with Bane and you end up playing as the Joker retelling the tale of The Killing Joke to pre-Harley Quinn Harleen.

As a Batman fan I love this game. So much. Probably too much.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Activated Node
    Playing SWAT 4 and its expansion. Superb games.

I've now completed the Missing Link content in DXHRDC. I just realised: those cloaking soldiers would be a lot more effective if their cloaking and decloaking wasn't accompanied by the sound of air raid sirens.

Also, the Missing Link boss fight was more amusing when I decided to play it lethally. Spoilers: Step one: EMP grenade on the robot. Step 2: Sniper bullet through the glass. End boss fight. Well, technically I still had to dispose of all the other dudes as well, but I wish all bosses went down that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    Odd question, but did I do the helicopter mission with you?

Yeah its a shitty mission, I only got to be gunner once of the 5 times I played it, and by god I am a terrible helicopter pilot
    You helicoptered with me! It only worked out when I learned to pilot the thing (the trick was to do as little as possible, ie. mostly just hover).

Ahhh yeah. We also snipered together, but I failed because I often shot too early.

:aye:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Fallout Tactics.

On a mission 11 where you have to kill a leader of supermutants. AI in this game is not existent. npcs rarely move and if they do it is pre scripted. so fights include my snipers slowly eroding their health out of enemy's range. no setting up traps, no tactics really...

Network Hub
    Still playing that EUIII game with England. I've colonized the Caribbean and large parts of North and South America. Economy is going strong, and I'm catching up in both tech and military. I could look towards Europe again in cca. 100 years (it's 1530 atm).

When not subjugating savages, I'm playing Spelunky. The number of times I've thrown the damsel into spikes, it's just sad. I'm terrible at it. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Just finished Saints Row IV, what an incredibly fun game that was, the Dubstep gun was a thing of pure joy.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Fallout Tactics.

On a mission 11 where you have to kill a leader of supermutants. AI in this game is not existent. npcs rarely move and if they do it is pre scripted. so fights include my snipers slowly eroding their health out of enemy's range. no setting up traps, no tactics really...
    Really? I have such fond memories of that game and it being really dynamic. Hard to believe that it's been so long since it came out.

Activated Node
    Playing Tomb Raider(2013) right now.... I'm almost ashamed to say that I like it quite a lot... The level design is somehow very interesting eventhough you are railroaded through most of them. It just features some pretty stunning environments and I'm a sucker for that kinda thing. The documents you can find around the map are actually really interesting... They remind me of the Bioshock 1 audio logs so that is a good thing I guess

Quote Originally Posted by luukdeman111 View Post
    Playing Tomb Raider(2013) right now.... I'm almost ashamed to say that I like it quite a lot... The level design is somehow very interesting eventhough you are railroaded through most of them. It just features some pretty stunning environments and I'm a sucker for that kinda thing. The documents you can find around the map are actually really interesting... They remind me of the Bioshock 1 audio logs so that is a good thing I guess
    It's biggest flaw was not being a "real" Tomb raider game. but on it's own, Tomb raider, is a a very good game.

What I'm playing these days?
    These days I'm playing everything and nothing at all. I'm sorting through my catalog and trying different games from different genres, games that I got from bundles and impulsive sales, to see if something will catch my interest. So far nothing and I don't know if it's "old age" kicking in or I'm just trying the wrong games (and that there's a good reason I didn't play those games too much till now).

I just finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. It was a rather sweet interactive fiction game, the story, even if it has nothing original, is well told, the interaction is interesting, but the best part is the world, which is gorgeous and very imaginative. Some moments are touching and on the whole, well worth the 4 I paid last week. Great soundtrack, too. It took me just under 3 hours to complete.

Back to DmC.

type rider and WRC4 and the grave digger and later on some MWLL
    also: cloaks and spells and oniken (Desura)

Cold rainy days are the best.
    Last edited by bad guy; 02-11-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I don't know why I'm buying games anymore.
    Battlefield 4 online simply isn't working. It refuses to connect 95% of the time, and when it does it keeps crashing or the sound cuts off. The beta was flawless.
    At least the campaign works but it's a shitty COD clone with 0 polish. Still a million times better than BF3's and BC2's.

*starts preloading CODGHOSTS*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    BF4 Multiplayer: Fun times

Batman: Shitty Voice Acting: I do like the story thus far, even if it feels a LOT less thought out than the previous Arkham games

Batman: Finally Another Fucking Asymmetrical Multiplayer Game with an Emphasis on Stealth: Gave it a run through. Wanted to be a mook, ended up getting stuck as Batman for a round. Was fun, got a significant chunk of my side's Intimidation and we won. I definitely agree that the Elites may be a bit hard to balance (pretty much the entire time the elites were ignoring the other team and just staring up and shooting at us), but the game is fun. Still prefer Splinter Cell though, and looking forward to Blacklist-That-I-Get-With-Video-Card-On-Monday
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The thing I've liked about arkham oranges so far is that all the characters feel like rougher versions of themselves. I know this has been played out before (both in batman, and without, in watchmen and kick-ass, with different tones) but I like the atmosphere of the batman universe where everyone feels like they're just people in costumes, half making it up as they go along and using the city as their personal wish-fulfilment playground, with the darker edge being that countless people actually die because of it. It's a rougher, less professional atmosphere all round, and I dig it.