Page 913 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 4138138639039119129139149159239631013 ... LastLast
Results 18,241 to 18,260 of 24141
    Do you have a joystick connected to your PC? If so, unplug it. That's what made it crash for me every time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just had my first bash at Mirrormoon EP - and it's FAN-TAS-TIC...

OK - I have NO idea what's going on but I've worked-out all but one of the cockpit controls (and I'm pretty sure that's something to do with power/speed), I can fly around and I know how to find a planet/land on it etc.

I think I'm in a quite 'full' universe tho - I named a couple of suns but everything else appears 'taken'!?

I completed 'Side A' (well, 95% completed) but I'm now completely lost - but it's just a fantasic thing to spend time in.

Most freakish thing is the music on that first planet comes from FreeSound - I know this because I used the same piece in one of my Apps - and it's just WEIRD hearing the same music in someone else's game as one of your own!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Seriously? That's a shame. I was going to play it on my TV with a controller ... I'll give it a try with the controller unplugged as now that you mention it even when I tried it before, the controller may well have been plugged in and idling on my desk.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Walking dead is seriously excellent. Though I'm on episode 4 right now and finding it a bit of a disappointment after the first 3.

Didn't have any stuttering or technical bugs here. Except:

As a heads up for anyone playing it for the first time on PC, there is an intermittent and random bug at the end of episode 2 that can be really frustrating. Trying to avoid spoilers:
    If you find yourself repeatedly getting shot and dying at a climactic moment near the end of the episode:
    A - Try keeping your cursor down below the enemy's waist at all times (except when you need to raise it to click)
    B - Try exiting the game and then restarting and trying again. (a couple of times)
    C - Try using the rewind function to go back to the previous save and try again.

I spent ages getting really frustrated because I was sure I was doing the right thing, but I just kept getting shot. It almost spoiled the whole episode for me. It's actually pretty easy, so if you can't get it after 2-3 tries then you probably have the bug and shouldn't keep trying like I did.

Other than that, it's been pretty great.

I'm also working through my backlog, so I'm trying Mark of the Ninja (they made it look so lovely and then did the voiceovers themselves????) and Fez and Walking Dead 4.

I just finished ep 4 and I think in many ways it maybe my fave. I was frustrated by the lack of control and dumb-cheater-zombies however.

Don't think I have failed any QTE more than once, and the ones I have failed are few in number.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja View Post
    I just finished ep 4 and I think in many ways it maybe my fave. I was frustrated by the lack of control and dumb-cheater-zombies however.

Don't think I have failed any QTE more than once, and the ones I have failed are few in number.
    I'm not that far into it yet, so it probably gets better. I just found it to be a bit too 'adventure gamey' with the whole 'get into the house' and 'explore the house' things. There haven't been any of the really dramatic 'I don't want to make that choice because whatever I do is going to suck!!' moments that Walking Dead is so good at... yet.

QTEs are pretty easy in this game, except for that one particular bug (which only happens some of the time for some people on PC).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Beat Shao Kahn (coincidentally wearing my Mortal Kombat shirt!) and decided to give that game a rest for a while. I learned more about how the game works breaking Shao Kahn's AI for hours than I did fighting every character in the game, but now I want to play other people and the game's performance flaws become much too obvious when playing another human.

Luckily, Outrun 2006 came in the mail the other day. After all the Sega Kart 2 I've played, it's pretty easy to see where Sumo took there experience with Outrun and translated it to that game. There's a plethora of unlocks and content (I counted a couple dozen Ferraris to buy) and handling is an absolute dream. Gonna be busy for a while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Can't finish Enslaved because of major framedrop in one sequence where you drive boat and mechs are attacking you from land..Motherfucking &/#&""#"%$!!!! Gonna watch rest of game on youtube -.-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Just played through WOLF AMONG US,well done Telltale,another great game from you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Played the Metal Gear RIsing DLC over the weekend:

Jetstream Sam: I loved it. Its actually funny. Apparently it was supposed to be much harder than the core game and a lot of people had trouble, but I found it a LOT easier since Sam suits my playstyle better than Raiden

Blade Wolf: Honestly, I didn't really like it. The Blade Wolf was weak in melee to emphasize stealth, but it just meant that any fights would be tedious affairs.

Also been playing SC: Blacklist after dealing with stupid patches. All in all: I really like it, and it is definitely a Splinter Cell game. I resolved the "This is the wrong voice and Sam looks like a douche bag" aspect by just giving him blue lights and pretending he is a legacy character (like James Bond before Skyfall) who happens to know Vic and has a person he cares about named Sarah. Working really well.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I've been revisiting some games I didn't pay too much attention to when they came out or when I played them.

The past few days I've been sharing my love of Morrowind with Oblivion and so far I'm enjoying the game a lot more that I did the first time I played it. I find the scenery breath taking with all of the colors and such, plus it is nice to go back to the old leveling system (I didn't like skyrims too much, but I'm not here to complain). The story lines that go with the guilds and factions also have been a great experience. (Currently I am doing the Dark Brotherhood, and I must say that the way you go about killing some of the NPC's are epic!)

Another game I've been playing is BioShock, I beat it in a quick playthrough awhile back but never really took a chance to enjoy it. (I just built my first PC this year so maybe it is just because I feel immersed while playing on PC instead of Xbox) I never really noticed that there are quite a few moments when you feel like you are about to s#!t your pants while playing. Plus I didn't ever try to get the good ending, I just went on a little sister killing spree.

To add yet another game which really doesn't fall in the category of something I am revisiting is a game called Psychedelic Assassin Squad, it may be an indie game but I've spent more time on it in the past week than I probably did playing Anodyne. It is very nice, quite a "trippy" experience.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Replaying Titan Quest after five and a half years.
    The production values are crazy. It looks and sounds so good! The atmosphere is fantastic. I listen to every conversation, the storytellers are a touch of genius. The sense of progression as you go through all those regions is something it does better than any Diablo and Diablo clone.

From my previous playthrough, I don't remember anything about Act II except the tombs. Act III, if I'm not mistaken, has a couple of brilliant ideas (Neanderthals! The Hanging Gardens! The Great Wall of China!) but is a bit half-assed. I never played the expansion.
    So far the plan is to go all the way to the end of Act IV. I hope I don't get bored once I leave Greece.

The combat is shitty and it took about five minutes to turn into a drinkathon. I consider cheating a bit, just to enhance the ragdolls and drink less. As of now the combat is a bit of a chore, I only care about the journey...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You really should play with the expansion. Hades is definitely the best of the acts. And I advise the fan patch which fixed a number of bugs and some quests which didn't give the player xp rewards - http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/t...fix-patch-1-17.

Sadly the combat is repetitive and subscribes to an old school m.o. of having to build characters in a specific way for the long term nature of the game. This hasn't stopped me from having six different characters however. :)

I recommend the Assassin - warrior/rogue - for good dual weilding slashing bashing fun.

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    You really should play with the expansion. Hades is definitely the best of the acts.
    Khaz is right, the expansion is stellar.

I started Brutal Legend over the weekend. Looks like a lot of fun so far.
    My usual co-op buddies convinced me to finally buy Minecraft, so we could play together. We ended up building houses in the walls of a great canyon we found and building bridges between them. A dungeon was hard to find, but the one we did manage to find contained a lot of iron, but unfortunately also a lot of monsters. We had to run to get everybody out. This game is SO MUCH FUN!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    only ten hours for JA2? wow.
    It can be done much faster actually, at least in 1.13. Game lets you go to the final sector right from the start and you don't really need anything but weapons to complete the game. Of course, as Kelron pointed out, large-scale war will take much much longer. It's nightmare of micromanagement and militia training.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 11-11-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Activated Node
    I've started playing The Witcher. I've finally got around to the end of Chapter 1 and fuck me... I must be dire at this game, because The Beast is pissing all over me!! I even resorted to going online for strategies... and none of them helped me. "Oh drink Swallow and Blizzard!" Yep, done that, I get stunned all the fucking time and die out right horribly. Did it eventually, running around like a headless chicken waiting on health regen while firing off an Aard, and I got the fucker. So what does it do next? Makes me fight a cockatrice that does the same old shit to me again and again. Stun stun stun stun stun. MEH!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tykh02 View Post
    I've started playing The Witcher. I've finally got around to the end of Chapter 1 and fuck me... I must be dire at this game, because The Beast is pissing all over me!! I even resorted to going online for strategies... and none of them helped me. "Oh drink Swallow and Blizzard!" Yep, done that, I get stunned all the fucking time and die out right horribly. Did it eventually, running around like a headless chicken waiting on health regen while firing off an Aard, and I got the fucker. So what does it do next? Makes me fight a cockatrice that does the same old shit to me again and again. Stun stun stun stun stun. MEH!
    ?
    Just charge up aard (you bronzemaxed it right?) and kill the fucker with one swing. how the hell does he stun you... i didn't even know he can stun you.

last mission of GDI campaing in original Command and conquer. i got that game on release ages ago but i had never progressed father than mission five of gdi and mission six of nod. as a kid i really had no desire to complete games instead i moved to other games. beaten RA1 two years ago or so for the first time too while i also got that game on release. still great games.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The Red Alert series remains Westwood's finest hour (arguably). Although Generals was their best multiplayer effort by a distance, the balance was exquisite. But Red Alert's setting always clicked with me. I was slightly disappointed that RA3 took the ludicrous setting to maximum and lost some of the edge from the previous two games but the gameplay was as fun as the previous two games which helped a lot, especially the Bears. The animal units in RA3 had me smiling like a giddy school girl.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    ?
    Just charge up aard (you bronzemaxed it right?) and kill the fucker with one swing. how the hell does he stun you... i didn't even know he can stun you.
    Yeah, the secret of The Witcher 1 was Aard and Alchemy. Pretty much every fight can be resolved quickly if you've been keeping Aard maxed out and down a few potions before the big ones
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    The Red Alert series remains Westwood's finest hour (arguably). Although Generals was their best multiplayer effort by a distance, the balance was exquisite. But Red Alert's setting always clicked with me. I was slightly disappointed that RA3 took the ludicrous setting to maximum and lost some of the edge from the previous two games but the gameplay was as fun as the previous two games which helped a lot, especially the Bears. The animal units in RA3 had me smiling like a giddy school girl.
    RA1 was very serious past the gimmick of time travel and teleportation.

SPOILER:

You are ordered to murder civilians on your first mission and later Stalin murders a guy in front of you in cold blood. To this day I got chills remembering this scene. It wasn't badass, it wasn't cool. It was just brutal execution in anger.