Page 939 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 4398398899299379389399409419499891039 ... LastLast
Results 18,761 to 18,780 of 25139
    Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I started playing Hearthstone, woe be me. It's pretty fun, but it's a real time-eater.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    After a number of failures to recognize the games on the RPS Advent calender, I figured I might be really behind the times as far as PC games go. So in an effort not to change anything, I played a few hours of World of Warcraft over the weekend. It surprises me, and I don't quite know why, but I still find it to be great fun.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Lesser Hivemind Node TheDreamlord's Avatar
    Ok, so I got the two Zeno Clashes on the cheap, so I started with 1 and spent an hour with it. It's not bad. A bit frantic and the controls not as responsive as they should be. But it's not bad either. I think I'll finish 1 before I start 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Not so far - I'm not brilliant at platformers, and I have quite a number that I've liked but not liked enough to finish, in case the fancy takes me. Like I say, I have enjoyed the kind of game that Steam World Dig is previously*, so it seemed like a better punt. I'm going to keep at it a while longer, at any rate - the monsters are getting a lot tougher and the upgrades are coming thick and fast.
    It's OK, I was hoping for a comparison because Full Bore is supposedly taking more than a few cues from Steamworld dig. The comments were not hugely positive, but that little boar is so ruthlessly cute that I'll give it a chance as soon as it lands on Steam.

Tangentially, Stealth Bastard Deluxe has served me well as training wheels for platformers (I even tried my hand again at Super Meat Boy, the improvement is there); it may be a consequence of the vast majority of SBD levels having checkpoints so closely packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    *Which is what? Resource management and exploration? It does have platforming, sure, but the hook is the "I have to go back down the mine to get more minerals to upgrade my hat so that I can go back down the mine to..." loop.
    TF2 demake? Anyway, I'm a little concerned by the "strong Metroidvania influences", I never played Metroid nor Castlevania, and for me the term has come to signify "getting stuck over and over again so I'm forced to go back and forth between far sections of the game world without a clue of where I'm supposed to go next, and I probably already forgot over half the locations anyway".
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Oh December 27th of 2010, I made a purchase of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. Now, nearly three years later, I have removed it from the backlog.

I really enjoyed the story of it, it's just a shame that the actual game got in the way of that with it's endless backtracking through a swamp, a city of two districts and then a farmers village in what was a very badly handled act 4 story wise.

Took me 40 hours to finish the game, but I'll admit by act four I pretty much forwent doing any side quests and in act five I ran by most of the enemies I could.

Now onto number 2 (which was bought on the 19th of July 2012!)
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

After the advent calendar entry on the DLC, I finally got around to finishing Dishonored proper. Loved how the mechanics and the level design interacted. There are so many potential routes into a place - the Golden Cat in particular stood out. I especially enjoyed blinking around the rooftops observing the guard patrol patterns before making my move. Eavesdropping on people (with or without the heart) which allowed me to decide who would get the blade and who would get the sleep dart.

I found it rather silly though that the game clearly tried to make you feel bad for killing your main targets. It felt like a simple morality system which reduced the complex situation in Dunwall to black and white. The game's story was also rather plain. Same with the characters, except for Daud, so I imagine I'll like the DLC.

Probably won't play it for a bit though. Want to play Papers, Please and Teleglitch first.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    You crazy man. There's keyboard controls!
    For the weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    Ok, so I got the two Zeno Clashes on the cheap, so I started with 1 and spent an hour with it. It's not bad. A bit frantic and the controls not as responsive as they should be. But it's not bad either. I think I'll finish 1 before I start 2.
    Shouldn't take you long, I spent 75% of my time with Zeno Clash gawking at the stunning world ACE created and I still beat it in under four hours.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    TF2 demake? Anyway, I'm a little concerned by the "strong Metroidvania influences", I never played Metroid nor Castlevania, and for me the term has come to signify "getting stuck over and over again so I'm forced to go back and forth between far sections of the game world without a clue of where I'm supposed to go next, and I probably already forgot over half the locations anyway".
    Then play some Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night and stop wasting your time with pale imitators! :P

But on that note, that's essentially been my experience with Anodyne. I put the game down for about a month and ended up having to restart the whole thing I was so lost. Luckily there's frequent teleport points, but they're unlabelled which makes getting where you need to go a lot more annoying than it really should be. The tone is odd and the puzzles are often surprisingly clever (using the dust-clouds to walk on water was a nice touch) so I guess that's enough to keep me going but the actual indicators of progress are invariably some form of key that opens a door you saw 45 minutes ago in... Where was it again? I wish there was more gadgets, but on the other hand the music is lovely. Mixed bag overall, but certainly a finer show than Ittle Dew.
    Last edited by sabrage; 18-12-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    For the weak.
    :(

Years of action and moba games means i'm most comfortable using S and D. It really it as outstanding game though; i'm amazed they managed to make it so meaty. How have RPS not WIT'd it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    :(

Years of action and moba games means i'm most comfortable using S and D. It really it as outstanding game though; i'm amazed they managed to make it so meaty. How have RPS not WIT'd it yet?
    The click controls admittedly gave me an alarming feeling in my index and middle finger (more the result of binging than the controls themselves) and I was clicking out of the frame often, so I've traded up to my arcade stick. Using both hands makes this an entirely different experience!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    They're in the process of patching controller support now so that'll be catered for as well. Its a game best used with the 360 controller's bumpers/triggers for that chunky response.

Not too hard to bind "B" and "N" though.
    Last edited by sabrage; 18-12-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Lately I've been playing Downloading. It's great, you get to sit and watch colourful bars move from left to right. Couldn't play anything while DayZ was downloading the other night, couldn't play BF4 yesterday because there was a pending update, can't play GT6 now because there's a 1.26GB patch and my PS3 is for some reason several times slower than it should be when it comes to downloading things. So now I can't play DayZ, BF4, JC2MP or anything I actually want to play because my internet is being taxed by this download, so I might just go play RPS Steam Chat.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Playing a tiny little bit of Castle Crashers. Really cool for short sessions of play.
    I thought it's more of a MP thing?

Quote Originally Posted by FFabian View Post
    I thought it's more of a MP thing?
    I played it on the Xbox with four people, that works really well too. The game is pretty headache-inducing though, especially with that many people onscreen.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Obscure Node
    I haven't bought it so far because I thought it's shitty in SP.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Shouldn't take you long, I spent 75% of my time with Zeno Clash gawking at the stunning world ACE created and I still beat it in under four hours.
    The world of Zeno Clash really is something, I've just started playing Zeno Clash 2 and its like John Blanche, Tony DiTerlizzi and Salvador Dali had been locked in an art department for a week or two. I played Zeno Clash a while ago and found it really very good, but the Zeno Clash 2 doesn't seem as tight, theirs certain clumsiness to the controls and the graphics seem a little flat. Saying that, playing Co-op is bloody BRILLIANT! With Zeno Clash 2 more than making up for its apparent shortcomings by being a thoroughly entertaining Pig kicking simulator.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    On the PS4 front, still rocking the AssFlag
    On the PS3 front, doing Hotline Miami. Tried the Vita version while traveling and found it to actually be quite fun, and quite a bit more difficult than the PC version due to the shorter view distance and having to aim rather than just putting the cursor over a target. I find I actually really like it this way.

And on the PC: Still doing Baldurs Gate: EE, and having fun seeing how classics age. But, more entertainingly, I finally gave Overgrowth a shot (bought the alpha when it was first an option, but could never be arsed to install. Yay Steam!) and find that the Arena map is exactly what I wanted. All the fun of Lugaru but with a "death is cheap" approach to gameplay and no need to stealth or exploit the AI (running away from wolves while periodically throwing knives). And the audience entertainment factor is always fun as it encourages me to do stuff like the dropkick and wall running just to further entertain the masses.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

The other night I actually stayed up all night playing Euro Truck Simulator 2. Been a long time since I did that with a game. It's just so much fun, like a non-violent Elite or Mount & Blade. Controls are easy to get into and all these loving user-made maps are delicious. I'm really pleased RPS caught on to this; I'm sure I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by InternetNiceGuy View Post
    I found it rather silly though that the game clearly tried to make you feel bad for killing your main targets.
    Dishonoured also tried to make you feel bad for not killing your main targets.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by moth bones View Post
    all these loving user-made maps are delicious
    What, where?