Page 957 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 45785790794795595695795895996710071057 ... LastLast
Results 19,121 to 19,140 of 24071
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    I know Kelly can offer to feed them, but it seems like that's part of romancing her.
    Don't bother. She'll forget anyway.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Don't bother. She'll forget anyway.
    hehe. That is excellent.

During the hollidays I played the Walking Dead Season 1. It was great and engaging but it was also a pretty classical zombie story. Some scene were really well made but I am a bit dissapointed by the fact that decisions don't really change anything in the story and you still can see the "rails". It really feels like a interactive tv show.

Also Spoilers:I am pretty sure Kenny isn't dead. You never explicitly see him get killed. It's always of screen. I don't really care because he is a selfish prick... Even if I must say he's a great character

I am now playing far cry 3 and Soul Sacrifice (on the vita).

i am giving Far Cry 3 another shot after reading all those articles about Yohalem's claim that the story subvert (?) videogames tropes. I really want to know if he's telling BS, if the idea was there but poorly executed or if people just didn't get it...

The gameplay is actually pretty good even if it's repetitive. I am leveling up a bit and exploring before going after the main story.

Soul Sacrifice is a really good game. i got it for "free" on the playstation plus and i Am having a blast. Controls are responsive, powers are really cool, its fast paced, eventive, challenging but not as frustrating as a Monster hunter game. There are lots of spells to work with and it looks magnificent...

There is also lots of people to play with in multiplayer (that's my first MP vita game) and it's a pretty cool coop game. I really like the ghost mechanic if you got sacrificied.

However leveling and powering up requires quite a bit of grinding sadly. But the real surprise comes from the story, the world, and the way both are presented. I really like some of the side stories that are told. Some are moving (teh Carnatux one is really great) some are sad (Sortiara's fate for exemple). Anyway. if you have a vita. You should try this game.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

I bought Soul Sacrifice on release and they've given me so much free DLC for it, nearly another games worth. Did you get all that alongside the PS+ version of it?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I bought Soul Sacrifice on release and they've given me so much free DLC for it, nearly another games worth. Did you get all that alongside the PS+ version of it?
    I am not quite sure, i am still early in the game. But I am sure i didn't get any items or special outfit. I am playing the 1.30 version.

*Mostly* harmless

There's no special outfits in the dlc that I'm aware of, you unlock the outfits over time. All the DLC is just extra stories and monsters, most of them unique to that story. You'll find them all under Forgotten Pacts.

1.3 is actually the final update so you probably do have them all. They went all out for the boss designs.

Steam ID

Obscure Node
    I have been, somewhat oddly*, playing the Kerbal Space Program demo. Partly because it's surprisingly addictive (and I regret not getting it in the Steam sale), but mostly because my daughter loves it**.

*given that I bought a few games over the winter sales that I've yet to even start one

** primarily because she can hammer the space button and see bits of exploding rocket fly everywhere. Although I've been able to teach a toddler the meaning of 'decoupler' and 'fuel tank', so it counts as educational anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    During the hollidays I played the Walking Dead Season 1. It was great and engaging but it was also a pretty classical zombie story. Some scene were really well made but I am a bit dissapointed by the fact that decisions don't really change anything in the story and you still can see the "rails". It really feels like a interactive tv show.

Also Spoilers:I am pretty sure Kenny isn't dead. You never explicitly see him get killed. It's always of screen. I don't really care because he is a selfish prick... Even if I must say he's a great character

I am now playing far cry 3 and Soul Sacrifice (on the vita).

i am giving Far Cry 3 another shot after reading all those articles about Yohalem's claim that the story subvert (?) videogames tropes. I really want to know if he's telling BS, if the idea was there but poorly executed or if people just didn't get it...

The gameplay is actually pretty good even if it's repetitive. I am leveling up a bit and exploring before going after the main story.

Soul Sacrifice is a really good game. i got it for "free" on the playstation plus and i Am having a blast. Controls are responsive, powers are really cool, its fast paced, eventive, challenging but not as frustrating as a Monster hunter game. There are lots of spells to work with and it looks magnificent...

There is also lots of people to play with in multiplayer (that's my first MP vita game) and it's a pretty cool coop game. I really like the ghost mechanic if you got sacrificied.

However leveling and powering up requires quite a bit of grinding sadly. But the real surprise comes from the story, the world, and the way both are presented. I really like some of the side stories that are told. Some are moving (teh Carnatux one is really great) some are sad (Sortiara's fate for exemple). Anyway. if you have a vita. You should try this game.
    Those qoutes made me hate Far Cry 3 whereas before I just wasn't all that into it. It's one thing to just make a game I don't like-fair enough-quite another to suggest that I don't like it because I don't get it and actually through subtle design the game is everything it actually isn't.

I really enjoyed Blood Dragon though, becuase it was all the fun of Far Cry 3 without that nosense. And I'm also pretty sure it intentionally takes the piss out of some of Yohalem's qoutes as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    I would say it's less the abstract art style and more the low resolution. If you read the PE forums there's non-stop bitching about how the art was better in Baldur's Gate from people that would be mutinous if PE delivered Infinity Engine resolution art.

Low resolution games benefit immensely from having imagination do the heavy lifting, and many times are better for it. This is especially true with the cult of the screenshot (less relevant for PE, but still), where people complain about a roughly textured firetruck you see for less than a second.

I think it's one of the many reasons a hi-rez version of minecraft hasn't become wildly popular.
    The low resolution is certainly part of why it's abstracted, but there are also limitations you get from how the engines work and what you could represent with backgrounds and sprites at the time - in Fallout for example there are plenty of generic NPC sprites where a lot of detail comes from text descriptions and dialogue, with your imagination filling in the blanks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yes, because all the DLC is free anyway. You just have to go through the store and manually add to cart and download each of them

I think the only thing the PS+ version might not have is the online pass, since it didn't say that was free for me when I went on a spree to add Soul Sacrifice to my Vita

From what little I played, game is fun but controls a bit wonky.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Trying quake 2 third person mod out

I couldn't remember if they did a project $10 on the DLC, only giving it to people who bought the online pass/got the online pass with a new copy. Might jump back into it tonight now that there's a bunch more people to play with.

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Those qoutes made me hate Far Cry 3 whereas before I just wasn't all that into it. It's one thing to just make a game I don't like-fair enough-quite another to suggest that I don't like it because I don't get it and actually through subtle design the game is everything it actually isn't.

I really enjoyed Blood Dragon though, becuase it was all the fun of Far Cry 3 without that nosense. And I'm also pretty sure it intentionally takes the piss out of some of Yohalem's qoutes as well.
    Maybe I am too soft but I want to give the man a chance to prove himself by completing the game and then judge. He didn' make a good impression on me during those interview tough. But I was pretty sure that he meant it. It was like a honest mistake. (Even if it doesn't see it as a mistake...)

Isn't he working on Child of Light now ?

*Mostly* harmless

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Yes, because all the DLC is free anyway. You just have to go through the store and manually add to cart and download each of them

I think the only thing the PS+ version might not have is the online pass, since it didn't say that was free for me when I went on a spree to add Soul Sacrifice to my Vita
    I don't know what the pass is for, but if it's for playing online then yeah I played several games in online multi with the PS+ version.

*Mostly* harmless

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    ah, could be. I haven't found it yet, if so.

I know Kelly can offer to feed them, but it seems like that's part of romancing her.

Odd thing is that the first fish I got (from the Citadel) seemed to do well enough without me paying much attention. Then I bought some other ones and the first ones very quickly died, and then the new ones died too (in the time it took to do one mission).
    In my first ME2 game I didn't look at the fish (from the Citadel too) at all for long periods of time and they survived fine, so it seemed like it was these particular fish (from Illium, I think) that did something, but I don't know.

This isn't really the kind of problem I thought I would run into while saving the universe...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Well I wasn't happy with accepting that I'd 'completed' Risk of Rain until I'd solo'd it my self (despite the fact I'd finished it in a three person co-op session, being dead for most of the final two levels was a bit of a kill-joy). Anyhow, the Huntress is a pretty fun class with the novel ability to attack and move at the same time. That's really her main skill, her others are general "avoid danger!" and "hit more people!" attacks. It's her mobility that puts her probably in the easier camp of heroes to complete the game with, but I did done so, so I did done good.

Turns out though, having almost every item in the game, as well as multiple stacks can make the final level passable. Oh, and an army of 9 drones probably helped too.

Interesting item points - early on I picked up an item that enables 100% crits when attacking an enemy low on health. By the time I fought the final boss, I'd gathered other items that enabled me to have a 30% crit chance the rest of the time. Couple this with healing items that heal on kill, heal on damage and heal on crit, not once in the final level did I come anywhere close to dying. Along with my drones, kept up with a healthy usage of my repair drone usable item, and I was an unkillable army with a wealth far surpassing the six figure mark.

The final level is a bit interesting compared to the others. It's a gated gauntlet, with doors that require time to open whilst you fend off the ever ridiculous hordes. The reward is if you amount enough wealth, there are easily enough items to get in the level equal to perhaps 2, maybe 3 other levels combined (oh, and I had a double stack of an item that gives elite mobs a chance to drop items too...). I could buy the most expensive chests and it made no dent in my bank account. Anyhow, part of the level gauntlet is that some mobs will drop keycards allowing you access to areas with purchasable items in, with three of the four areas giving you a special item to use in the final boss fight (the fourth, storage, is just item chests and more item chests!), one of which dropped usable items with a cooldown to it. One of the ones that dropped for me was the previously-thought stupid item that detonates half your gold, doing 1 damage per 1 gold. It was with that item and my 300,000 gold that I was able to bring the final boss down from somewhere over 50,000 health to nothing in a final button press.

It is a brutally hard game, much harder than say Binding of Isaac and it does have its flaws, but it is insanely enjoyable.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 07-01-2014 at 07:08 PM.