Page 958 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 45885890894895695795895996096810081058 ... LastLast
Results 19,141 to 19,160 of 22674
  1. #19141
    Lesser Hivemind Node Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    hehe. Exactly.

    I just finished the game, and while I did lose one team member (for some reason), I lost five batches of fish.
    Doesn't seem right.

  2. #19142
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    On the other hand I've been playing Dark Souls. I've just killed the bell gargoiles on the first go by using a summon sign. It felt kind of undewhelming, really, I'll be wary of using those unless I'm tired of trying by myself. Or maybe I'll use Solaire's sign, I guess he must be more balanced than some random guy god knows how many levels avobe me.
    Solaire is more competent than you might think. I'd avoid summoning completely, it really does break the game. Some scenarios the game throws at you might seem impossible at first, but you'll not wind up a better player when you finally figure them out, it's incredibly satisfying as well.

  3. #19143
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,608
    Replaying XCOM EW Classic Ironman

    It's so much easier than Impossible I really had to check if I chose Normal by mistake. But no it's Classic. Did they make game easier in the past month? Rolling almost without casualties, destroying everything, even base defence went smoothly and now I'm nearing the end of the game, future is looking bright for once.

    This base def mission was easier then the last one though. No ethereal this time. There were plenty of everything else of course. One floater, 5 mechtoids, 4 cyberdiscs, 3 drones, 3 chryssalids, 4 berserkers, 2 mutons, 11 sectoids and 5 sectoid commanders. At least three security guards survived. Last time I needed a miracle( and it happened), this time only a couple of lucky hits and misses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

  4. #19144
    Network Hub PeteC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cornwall UK
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post

    I just finished the game, and while I did lose one team member (for some reason), I lost five batches of fish.
    Doesn't seem right.
    Don't leave us hanging. Who did you lose ? Did you do their loyalty mission?

  5. #19145
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    48
    Durlag's Tower was no match for my loot hoarding skills!

    BGMoney.png

    Perhaps the most fun I've had in Baldur's Gate so far. The tower is filled with fairly tough creatures, neverending traps (take a thief, seriously) and mini puzzles. A progressive reveal of the reasonably well thought out story gave it some character, above most of BG's uninspiring locations.

    A few of the battles were intensely challenging. But my biggest victory over the tower was arranging the logistics of extracting all of the loot, and sifting through it for useful pieces of equipment. It took me days!

  6. #19146
    Lesser Hivemind Node Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Don't leave us hanging. Who did you lose ? Did you do their loyalty mission?
    My money is on Bubbles, Snowflake, Harold Herring, Cinderella, Davy Jones, Fillet and Finz. I've never managed to get them through to the end. As for the rest of them, it's hard to tell. I do hope Calypso survived. She's my favourite romance option.

  7. #19147
    Lesser Hivemind Node Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Don't leave us hanging. Who did you lose ? Did you do their loyalty mission?
    Legion got eaten by the Swarm, which was a little odd since you'd think he was the only who was immune to it (I guess he sort of got carried away by it, but still).
    I had done his loyalty mission, so I'm not sure what I did wrong. He was the last team member I found (I didn't know he was in the game at all, so it was a nice surprise; I thought the empty spot was for Kasumi. I don't have the DLC with her) and there wasn't much left to do before the suicide mission, so I didn't really get to use him as a team member much, but I think I had exhausted his main conversation lines.

  8. #19148
    Lesser Hivemind Node Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Legion got eaten by the Swarm, which was a little odd since you'd think he was the only who was immune to it (I guess he sort of got carried away by it, but still).
    I had done his loyalty mission, so I'm not sure what I did wrong. He was the last team member I found (I didn't know he was in the game at all, so it was a nice surprise; I thought the empty spot was for Kasumi. I don't have the DLC with her) and there wasn't much left to do before the suicide mission, so I didn't really get to use him as a team member much, but I think I had exhausted his main conversation lines.
    Not quite spoilers, but the thing is: It's about picking the right crew member to do the shielding. You want a powerful biotic (they're called biotics, right?). I lost Samara the same way on my first playthrough.

  9. #19149
    Lesser Hivemind Node Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Not quite spoilers, but the thing is: It's about picking the right crew member to do the shielding. You want a powerful biotic (they're called biotics, right?). I lost Samara the same way on my first playthrough.
    [spoiler-ish]I used Miranda to do the shielding. It seemed like your only choices were her or Samara. It went well enough until the very last bit where she had to give up so everybody had to run to the door and Legion got eaten right before it closed, but it seemed like everybody might as well have been saved.
    Maybe it depends on which skills the biotics have and how many points have been put into them?
    [/sp-ish]

  10. #19150
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,145
    For you guys discussing Mass Effect and who you brought and why people died, this flowchart will explain why.

    Miranda will always get someone killed in that party and Legion is 4th on the pecking list
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

    Steam ID

  11. #19151
    Lesser Hivemind Node Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    For you guys discussing Mass Effect and who you brought and why people died, this flowchart will explain why.
    I was just looking at that. hm. Then the dialogue before that part of the mission is pretty misleading; one of the safe choices isn't even mentioned, and an unsafe one is.

  12. #19152
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    I was just looking at that. hm. Then the dialogue before that part of the mission is pretty misleading; one of the safe choices isn't even mentioned, and an unsafe one is.
    Almost as if the game expects you to pay attention to your followers and spot their strengths and weaknesses throughout the game. ;)

  13. #19153
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,145
    The dialogue may or may not change depending on things like loyalty and who you've already selected for the vent team.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

    Steam ID

  14. #19154
    Lesser Hivemind Node Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    For you guys discussing Mass Effect and who you brought and why people died, this flowchart will explain why.

    Miranda will always get someone killed in that party and Legion is 4th on the pecking list
    That flowchart is pretty good. I don't understand the "Hold the Line" section, but I haven't played the game in a while. The decisions are pretty logical, so I got most of them right on my own. I think I did use Miranda, but I don't see why that shouldn't be a good choice. Isn't she supposedly a good biotic?

  15. #19155
    Lesser Hivemind Node Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    Almost as if the game expects you to pay attention to your followers and spot their strengths and weaknesses throughout the game. ;)
    Well, I thought I did (mostly; some team members I didn't really use much at all). That's why I wouldn't have thought Jack would have been one of the safe choices; she's more about attack than defense, whereas Miranda appeared to be good at both.

  16. #19156
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,252
    Miranda is shit and horrible at everything. Well ok, she's a good biotic, but the game makes it pretty clear that Samara and Jack are extraordinary. I spent a lot of effort getting Miranda killed the second time I did the suicide run (Bioware really didn't want her to die).

  17. #19157
    Lesser Hivemind Node Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    Miranda is shit and horrible at everything. Well ok, she's a good biotic, but the game makes it pretty clear that Samara and Jack are extraordinary.
    It tells you they are, but I wasn't very impressed with Jack in combat (didn't get to use Samara much; there weren't that many missions left when I recruited her). I thought Miranda did well, though.
    I guess the cutscenes/dialogue mean more than the actual abilities, though again, based on them, I still wouldn't have picked Jack for that mission.

  18. #19158
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,145
    Even if you pick Jack or Samara, people can still die if you didn't do Jack or Samara's loyalty missions.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

    Steam ID

  19. #19159
    Lesser Hivemind Node Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Even if you pick Jack or Samara, people can still die if you didn't do Jack or Samara's loyalty missions.
    yuh. I had everyone loyal so I just wasn't concerned about that part of it.

  20. #19160
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,252
    That's a problem with RPGs (well with most games but RPGs especially), that characters are portrayed in one way in the story but mechanically limited in actual combat. And yes, Jack can be pretty weak in combat - if you can't take the hits off her she'll usually waltz in with her shotgun and get herself knocked out, which makes all the sweary swaggering rather funny, but if you can keep the enemies' attention on you or another tank she's very good.

    Also reading back I may have come across as berating you; I'm not, I mostly just wanted to rag on Miranda. That character seemed tailored to annoy the living daylights out of me.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •