Page 96 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 468694959697981061461965961096 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 24078
    Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Finished Old World Blues after playing it for about 21 hours straight; Obsidian sure know how to do this DLC stuff. The story of Dead Money resonated with me more, and I think the characters in that one were more fleshed out, but it was also quite linear, Old World Blue's story was a pretty light but the humor and the sheer amount of content it adds more than made up for it.

Now I guess I'll try to get back into King's Bounty.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Shame there is no official controller support, but it plays well enough.
    I made an Xpadder profile for TBOI, and quickly went back to keyboard. It's annoying there's no way to exit the pause menu without using the mouse, but the keyboard just feels far more precise than my 360 controller did. Maybe if there was 8-directional aiming it would make sense, but it really wasn't worth the effort to set it up. Just my $0.02

Aside from the Red Orchestra 2 addiction (I dont care if its buggy, I prefer the mechanics to other games of its type) with all the Skyrim hype I remembered I had Oblivion on Steam and had played it a whole half hour. Thought it would be a good time to dust it off and give the game a shot.
    6 hours in and I'm enjoying it, though the engine really is showing its age in places.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Aside from the Red Orchestra 2 addiction (I dont care if its buggy, I prefer the mechanics to other games of its type) with all the Skyrim hype I remembered I had Oblivion on Steam and had played it a whole half hour. Thought it would be a good time to dust it off and give the game a shot.
    6 hours in and I'm enjoying it, though the engine really is showing its age in places.
    If you feel like making thing massively complicated and possibly making the game unstable then you can play around with the visual overhaul mods - http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/obliv...eoverhaul.html - which can make the game look incredible. Just be warned it will take several years off your life.

Playing with any mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    If you feel like making thing massively complicated and possibly making the game unstable then you can play around with the visual overhaul mods - http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/obliv...eoverhaul.html - which can make the game look incredible. Just be warned it will take several years off your life.
    Yeah I thought about that and have been advised about it plus remember modding the original Half-Life (and modding its mods) and Stalker to hell and back, the later was certianly improved.
    The problem with Oblivion mods is they seem to be a huge wrestling match of lunacy. I was speaking with a couple of people about them and one posted me a youtube vid that seemed to depict a Dark Elf as a... ballon breasted thing (which I wont link as, despite being not really a "Non-worksafe" item, it would raise eyebrows. Plus I would guess most Oblivion modders would have seen them now) with so much attention to detail in its movement that it confused me. He then told me how it works and I really did not see why he went to so much effort. Yes if you like it kudos it looked great for what it was, but to get there required more then I am willing to do. May try a more simple thing such as making the pudding faces more tolarable.

I also now understand the "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!" meme.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I made an Xpadder profile for TBOI, and quickly went back to keyboard.
    Fair enough. I did get used to it and it's not bad on keyboard...actually, using the d-pad on the 360 for firing is probably a bad idea anyhow.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Yeah I thought about that and have been advised about it plus remember modding the original Half-Life (and modding its mods) and Stalker to hell and back, the later was certianly improved.
    The problem with Oblivion mods is they seem to be a huge wrestling match of lunacy. I was speaking with a couple of people about them and one posted me a youtube vid that seemed to depict a Dark Elf as a... ballon breasted thing (which I wont link as, despite being not really a "Non-worksafe" item, it would raise eyebrows. Plus I would guess most Oblivion modders would have seen them now) with so much attention to detail in its movement that it confused me. He then told me how it works and I really did not see why he went to so much effort. Yes if you like it kudos it looked great for what it was, but to get there required more then I am willing to do. May try a more simple thing such as making the pudding faces more tolarable.

I also now understand the "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!" meme.
    There are... things that exist on sites like the The Elder Scrolls Nexus and other TES mod sites which should never have seen the light of day. Some people are weirder than there are words for. And then there's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fxVe...ature=youtu.be.

The main problem I always had with the mods is the load order. You start off with a mod manager and then dowonload all the seperate mods. These then often need to be installed in a certain order because they concern the same files. They then often need to be dragged around inside the manager to change the load order. And if you have various of the DLCs these will always complain of conflict with the installed mods, although there shouldn't be an effect. All in all you end up with a game which is wonderfully enhanced but shaky as all hell. And by seeing it in it's enhanced glory it becomes harder to go back to vanilla. Especially if you've used one of the UI improving mods.

Still, have fun - even in vanilla form it's still great.

After some initial difficulties with the game I gave Stalker:CoP (with Complete Mod) a second chance. Most of the criticism I had was caused by a lack of knowledge of the contents and mechanisms of the game and after spending some hours with figuring out what actually is going on in the 'Zone' I can say that I am enjoying most of its parts.

Enemy spawns seem a bit random from time to time and it is not too uncommon to see a pack of rabid dogs chasing around pairs of mutated... ah... meat loafs...? There are some really atmospheric moments in the game. For instance, I took on a job that required me to hunt a pack of Bloodsuckers (kind of mutated mothers-in-law) in a swamp. Those things can turn invisible and attack by ambushing you from the sides and from behind (again, mothers-in-law). You can't see them but they still make sounds (for example when they're passing through bushes) and cause ripples in water, so I backpaddled to the next puddle of swampy water and took them out one by one with the trusty ol' shotgun. Really neat stuff.

After some time you get accustomed to the environmental sounds and occasional beasties though and the game world is becoming less and less scary. Or so I thought until I cheerily turned around a corner inside a warehouse of some sorts in search for loot and ran into this... thing (spoilers coming up: http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/396053-s-t-a-l-k-e-r-call-of-pripyat-windows-screenshot-one-of-the.jpg) and nearly suffered a heart attack. And now I have to go to bed and turn off the lights. :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Well, I WAS enjoying Far Cry... It was the first single-player FPS I've gotten into in a looong time and I was looking forward to beating it, but the game started crashing every time I entered a certain room. Based on the other places I can go, I'm pretty sure that this room has the keycard I need to keep playing, so I can't get any further in the game. As if the Trigens weren't bad enough. So I tried defragmenting and verifying the games files (via Steam) and now the game won't launch at all. Pretty fucking annoyed by the whole thing, so hopefully a clean install will fix it.

The state of ennui I suffer when I look at my Steam library tells me I'll probably be sticking with League of Legends until I figure this bullshit out. I tried Ben There, Dan That (from the recent Indie Royale bundle) and got some weird performance issues with that too (first the sound wouldn't work, then the in-game dialogue started scrolling too fast to read) so I decided it wasn't worth the effort. Maybe I'll finally get around to playing STALKER Complete, now that my computer can run it properly.

Oh, and Rayman Forever and Max Payne both ran like shit/crashed too. I wouldn't regret buying any of them if they just fucking worked.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So that's Amnesia completed! Not 100%, done the additional expansiony stuff, but I'll leave those for another time. I have had my fill in the 7 or so hours it took to go from start to finish. Nothing new to really add to previous impressions; the atmosphere is done excellently and it's suitably scary, but it never really amounted to anything more than "Well there's obviously going to be something bad here" and the occasional frustrating encounter. The puzzles were simple, but executed well enough. I probably will play the expansiony stuff at some point, the game world is an interesting one, but it is nowhere near a priority. I'll throw in my opinion to the "I recommend this" category.