Page 961 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 46186191195195996096196296397110111061 ... LastLast
Results 19,201 to 19,220 of 22726
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Trying out The Knife of Dunwall. It's... more Dishonored, more or less. Which is a good thing, on the whole. Have only played two missions so don't have a complete picture yet but I'm having fun.
    Just started playing this, and the whale factory alone is better than 99% of the base game in every way I can think of. Also enjoying Daud's voice acting, definitely beats out playing silent protagonist #8761.

Edit: Loving the new blink mechanic as well.
    Last edited by wrestledwithgod; 10-01-2014 at 05:07 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Not like they can't just be genophaged again. Besides, Shepard sort of owes them: 'oh, we're really in the shit with earth, lend a hand? Of course I'll help with that genophage problem.'

after: 'oh that genophage... sorry, I was sort of lying.'

Nah, they help you, it's a pretty darth vader move to alter the deal afterwards.
    It's not like you tell them you altered it, you know. You just sabotage the process so it looks like it was done. Oops, guess it didn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    My various lives and adventures in Don't Starve.

• Find a nice looking area that resembles an old home, decide to set up shop. Plants a small little cluster of trees. Night time. Rain. Lightning. All my trees burn down. Being totally new I didn't know about charcoal and was horribly upset.
    • Get killed by a giant eye with a beak and two legs
    • Get killed by pigmen
    • Get killed by a tentacle right after finding a dapper top hat. Respawned because of some stone I found earlier. Go back to get my top hat, get killed again
    • Found a magic door that brought me to Iceland. Die of the cold.
    • Get attacked by bees, frogs and penguins
    • Get killed by a big tree at night time.
    • Find out about charcoal. Start making decent food. Find a good spot with lots of rabbit holes, saplings, grass. Set up shop. Get killed by that bloody eye bird thing again.
    Sounds a bit like my attempts at Not Starving so far. I got my @$$ kicked by the giant tree thing too, even though I managed to set it on fire. It's a pretty unforgiving game, a small error can easily lead to death.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    The eye plant is what upset me the most. I had a really nice set up. Two of the revival stones, a field full of rabbits, lots of bushes and carrots around to catch the rabbits, tonnes of rock and gold veins. I'd explored a good chunk of the map and it was all safe so far, found the edges of it. Had my science machine, my alchemy machine, my crock pot, two chests and was gathering supplies for winter and already had a load of seeds, berries and some food. I set off to find spiders for silk, found them, got my silk and came back and the eye plant monster moved right into my camp, everything was covered in eyes. And I think it's all because I threw some monster meat on the ground.

At least I hope it was, otherwise that seems super unfair.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Started playing Frozen Synapse with my brother. Neat mechanism to be able to take turns almost like play by email.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    playing broken sword 5. really fun so far. Wonder whether it sold enough copies for more games... or will be they needing another kickstarter campaing.
    nobody talks about it so i presume it will be soon forgotten.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Fifty hours into Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and I still have more than a quarter of the main storyline to go, I haven't beaten any of the legendary ships, I haven't fully upgraded the Jackdaw, I haven't been to every location on the map, I haven't collected all the collectibles, I haven't even touched Adeline's missions or Freedom Cry... jeez. And I'm still enjoying myself. Far and away the best game in the franchise so far (even if I did like ACIII much more than most people). And while people rave about playing it as a pirate sim, I still love just running around exploring the individual islands, parkouring through the ruins at sunset, frightening the ocelots, trying to work out where that last bloody chest is... those side missions alone are pretty much a better Tomb Raider game than nu-Tomb Raider was.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    Fifty hours into Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and I still have more than a quarter of the main storyline to go, I haven't beaten any of the legendary ships, I haven't fully upgraded the Jackdaw, I haven't been to every location on the map, I haven't collected all the collectibles, I haven't even touched Adeline's missions or Freedom Cry... jeez. And I'm still enjoying myself. Far and away the best game in the franchise so far (even if I did like ACIII much more than most people). And while people rave about playing it as a pirate sim, I still love just running around exploring the individual islands, parkouring through the ruins at sunset, frightening the ocelots, trying to work out where that last bloody chest is... those side missions alone are pretty much a better Tomb Raider game than nu-Tomb Raider was.
    Yeah, I'm liking it - not as much as AC2, but for its own merits it's quite cool. I'm far, far more interested to see if the HD version of liberation is any good with the vita gimmicks out and 'a few new levels' added or whatever its steam page boasts, but mostly because Aveline might actually be an interesting character. I live in constant hope.

Trying to get Splinter Cell: Blacklist going. I'm not sure how it's going, TBH. Well, Uplay is being its usual horrible self, forcing me to download patches I've already installed and such, but that's business as usual. However, the game confuses me. Is it supposed to just head straight into the game, no menus, no nothing? I start up the game, there's the scenes with all the logos, the "Any familiar names are coincidental" thingy and such, then I'm in a cutscene and then bam, gameplay. I had to open up the in-game menu to adjust settings. Super weird. Is it supposed to be this way?

EDIT: Btw, I seem to recall choosing difficulty the first time I started it, but nothing else. Also the logo videos are sort of laggy and the first part of the opening cutscenes froze, but let me skip the rest of it. I haven't really played any yet, so can't say anything about that.
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 10-01-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Trying to get Splinter Cell: Blacklist going. I'm not sure how it's going, TBH. Well, Uplay is being its usual horrible self, forcing me to download patches I've already installed and such, but that's business as usual. However, the game confuses me. Is it supposed to just head straight into the game, no menus, no nothing? I start up the game, there's the scenes with all the logos, the "Any familiar names are coincidental" thingy and such, then I'm in a cutscene and then bam, gameplay. I had to open up the in-game menu to adjust settings. Super weird. Is it supposed to be this way?

EDIT: Btw, I seem to recall choosing difficulty the first time I started it, but nothing else. Also the logo videos are sort of laggy and the first part of the opening cutscenes froze, but let me skip the rest of it. I haven't really played any yet, so can't say anything about that.
    Yeah, the first time you start the game it goes straight in. Once you unlock the hub area you get a more traditional menu. It is one of those things that is REALLY nice on consoles, but a bit annoying on PC where nothing will be at the right resolution or settings when you start.

Gameplay wise: I preferred Conviction, to be honest. It still isn't back to Chaos Theory/Pandora Tomorrow/Subtitle-less style gameplay and is meant to be a hybrid of Conviction and the originals. But the end result is just that it feels a bit wonky either way.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Yeah, the first time you start the game it goes straight in. Once you unlock the hub area you get a more traditional menu. It is one of those things that is REALLY nice on consoles, but a bit annoying on PC where nothing will be at the right resolution or settings when you start.

Gameplay wise: I preferred Conviction, to be honest. It still isn't back to Chaos Theory/Pandora Tomorrow/Subtitle-less style gameplay and is meant to be a hybrid of Conviction and the originals. But the end result is just that it feels a bit wonky either way.
    Oh, okay, thanks! I was mightily confused and slightly bemused there for a while. I'm still not sure that I'm fond of it. I mean, it's always nice when developers try new things, but it was a bit out of the blue. They should have included a launcher for set-up, at least.

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    I'm currently playing Rogue Legacy. I thought I might return to Dota 2 after my 3 week break from it, but I really need something fun and simple right now and Rogue Legacy hits the spot.
    But where did he come from, this fleck of spite in an abandoned paradise?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Just played a Civ game and lost due to turn limit in 2050 (!) when I was 2 turns away from winning diplomatic victory.

Grrrr...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I was mightily confused and slightly bemused there for a while.
    Reading this sentence makes me feel the same way.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Obscure Node
    Just started playing Alan Wake for the first time and was amused at how silly the opening was. I like games that eschew somber tones and opt for a playful, sardonic atmosphere. Hopefully the rest of the game delivers, though I wish it was more "survival horror" and less "shoot everything in your linear path until cutscene is triggered".

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Reading this sentence makes me feel the same way.
    Reading this sentence makes me feel the same way. *Runs away crying*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    The single player of Conviction was kinda funnelled just as it is in Blacklist, but deniable ops was great wide open, but so were the 4E missions in Blacklist.

The competitive multiplayer of Conviction was a piece of forgotten genius, 1 spy vs 1 spy surrounded by patrolling guards who want both of you dead. But Blacklist competitive multiplayer is a call back to Pandora/Chaos Theory... They are not the same things at all though... Its weird... Loads of different excellent games, completely detached from each other. Assassins Creed is 2 games too, despite the visual similarities the multiplayer is completely divorced from the singleplayer. Ubisoft... They are odd.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The single player of Conviction was kinda funnelled just as it is in Blacklist, but deniable ops was great wide open, but so were the 4E missions in Blacklist.

The competitive multiplayer of Conviction was a piece of forgotten genius, 1 spy vs 1 spy surrounded by patrolling guards who want both of you dead. But Blacklist competitive multiplayer is a call back to Pandora/Chaos Theory... They are not the same things at all though... Its weird... Loads of different excellent games, completely detached from each other. Assassins Creed is 2 games too, despite the visual similarities the multiplayer is completely divorced from the singleplayer. Ubisoft... They are odd.
    Yeah, Conviction and Blacklist are both really combat heavy, I just prefer Conviction since it doesn't pretend it isn't

And, to be fair, the AssCreed multiplayer is tied to the game and is focused on Abstergo exploring memories to find intel and what not. It is just that nobody knows because the only people who put up with the incredibly unbalanced and unlock-heavy MP aren't interested in plots :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I've been playing brief sniper rifles and knives-only TDM rounds of BF4 because I got a 20x scope for a sniper rifle I hadn't yet unlocked (the .338 Recon) and wanted to try it out, in the process of unlocking it I got the ludicrous 40x scope for the default rifle along with a rangefinder. You spot a target in the distance, aim down the scope to get a closer look and, oh, there's the crumbs of the sandwich he had for lunch but not much else. The thing is, if I want the FY-JS I'm going to need 250 metres of sniper rifle headshots 44 more times than I have, but so far in all the games I've played and ~200 kills with sniper rifles, I've done 250 metres only 7 times. And only one of those times occurred before I completed the easier sniper rifle assignments. Of course it could be argued that if I struggle to use sniper rifles to that extent then I'll gain nothing from having yet another identical bolt action rifle, but it's shiny and I want it.

In other news, I've been playing Blacklight: Retribution on my brother's PS4. Well, once. It's making me want to play it on PC again, but I'm also clearing my backlog between bouts of BF4 'sniping' (does it count as sniping if you're within knifing distance?) and being a good boyfriend so I don't know if I'll get time. It's kind of fun though and I like that stuff isn't unreasonably priced for permanent purchase with in-game money, as far as I recall anyway.

About half-way through AC:Black Flag and the game still introduce new things to do in it's lovely open world. This game is a great combination of open world stuff and linear story, they are both great fun and they rarely get in each others way.

However, I did took a break from pirating to play the fourth chapter of Blackwell (Blackwell deception). Like the previous chapters, it's a good detective/ghost story hybrid but some of the puzzles seems to be quite unclear or require you to do things that don't always make sense (and alt-tab is also a bit wonky and there is no "windowed" option, which is a must in low resolution games).