Page 964 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 4648649149549629639649659669741014 ... LastLast
Results 19,261 to 19,280 of 20963
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    In the newest world I've started, I began by spending the first two days exploring the entire map and just collecting some food to stave off the hunger. I found a massive field of beefalo. I was going to settle in the middle of them but read up on the wiki that they'll go into heat at some stage and murder me. So I'll set up near them.

Yup, just settle near them, Beefalo attack anyone during mating season. And dont forget to collect the manures! You can plant a row of berries in your camp and use the manures as fertilizer.

Have you tried giving monster meat to a pig three times?

@sonson

I have FC3 and Blood Dragon which should I play first?
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Does it have to be the same pig? I put some down, but different pigs ate it. And yeah I found out about needing manure when I tried to dig up a bush and plant it again only for it to never change.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Yeah it has to be the same pig. Although just do it for fun as I don't think you will like the result.

Also, i think you can harvest the berries that you planted 3-4 times before needing to put fertilizer on it again. But for berry that grow naturally, you can harvest it infinite times.
    Last edited by mnemnoch; 14-01-2014 at 12:12 PM.

If he turns into a zombie pig like the ones in the swamps and tries to kill me I'll hate you forever.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Nah, not zombie pig. But Werepig.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    About Far Cry 3: I've been playing through Blood Dragon and loving it, but I'm already starting to feel like I've seen all it has. Could anyone comment on how similar Far Cry 3 is? And is there more to the combat? I gather FC3 is bigger, which may hurt it if the game play doesn't bulk up to match. I'm only at Level 18 in Blood Dragon, and between the chain gun and explosive unlock for the sniper, I'm more or less unstoppable even on Hard mode. I think it might not be long before it's just the soundtrack(!!!) and the long-range arrow headshots that keep me giving a damn.

I'm also having a hard time imagining how the completely over the top VIDEOOOO GAAAAAAAAAAMES attitude and aesthetic running through everything would work in something that isn't a self-consciously retro-futuristic satire.
    For the love of all that's holy do not stop playing this game until you reach the end. The last mission turns everything up to eleven, and my is it glorious. Seldom do I cheer aloud when gaming, but this time I certainly did.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    [sonson's thoroughly enjoyable polemic on FC3]
    What a thoroughly enjoyable polemic on FC3. Thanks.

NIDHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGG.
    Play with me.
    Steam

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Upgrade, kill, cnage the colour of things, become invincible, remove challenge. Those are exactly the same upgrade options offered in Saints Row III and IV, come to think of it.
    I'm guessing this might be what you were implying but I feel like spelling it out either way - at least Saints Row the Third and IV consistently offered you new and/or interesting things to do with your skills/superpowers. That was the thing that got me about Far Cry 3 - I just found the world so crushingly dull. I felt liberating outposts just made the game steadily more tedious because from then on there was no tension and nothing of any import ever happened - enemies all disappeared, hunting felt pointless (in no way do you remotely need all the pouches), towns did nothing and offered nothing to look at, and I kept thinking I was being punished in some way for being good at the game (though it was hardly particularly difficult to start with). It felt like a beautiful graphics engine and some reasonably decent gunplay awkwardly draped over a dead, lifeless world that offered no real challenge, nothing to care about and had absolutely no purpose other than acting as a backdrop for this ham-fisted morality play. Horrible, horrible game, and it pretty much guaranteed I'm not touching 4 for quite some time, whenever it turns up. Black Flag pretty much flattens it in every respect, beyond automatic weapons and bad dubstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    For the love of all that's holy do not stop playing this game until you reach the end. The last mission turns everything up to eleven, and my is it glorious. Seldom do I cheer aloud when gaming, but this time I certainly did.
    I second third and fourth that.
    The ending is, by all means, glorious and if you find the game to be a bit tedious, just skip everything and run for the ending. You don't really need all the upgrades and you can keep playing afterwards.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Just played FEAR: Extraction Point. While it wasn't made with the same finesse as the original game it was still an enjoyable romp, since the basic shooting gameplay is so great in itself. I took the advice of some internet person who once said that the proper way to play FEAR was to use the slo-mo as little as possible. That was a great idea; it made the firefights much more intense and panicky.

The ending was completely inexplicable, but then I gather it's not really canon? Planning on doing Perseus Mandate next, how does that fit into things?

Also, while the soundtrack composed for the expansion was obviously lower-budget midi stuff, it also uses some tracks from the original game, and they are great: http://fear.wikia.com/wiki/Garage_Ba..._Garage_Battle

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    The Blood Dragon ending is truly glorious yes.

Also has comfortably one of the best game soundtracks in years, I would say.

BTW I've not been playing anything because life has been objectionable to the idea so far this year. Bastard.

The Blood Dragon ending is truly glorious yes.

Also has comfortably one of the best game soundtracks in years, I would say.

BTW I've not been playing anything because life has been objectionable to the idea so far this year. Bastard.
    I don't know, I found the game very boring, though I loved FC3.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Been playing Black Flag. Finding the piracy a bit of a grind by this point, metal and cash is rationed sufficiently slowly that I'm looking at upgrades that cost 15k and 300 metal and just groaning. Finding a ship with any metal can take forever sometimes. And I'm just not that good at boats. Like, sufficiently ungood at boats that even though I know it's meant to be easy I still go toe-to-toe with frigates and lose most of my health.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Been playing Black Flag. Finding the piracy a bit of a grind by this point, metal and cash is rationed sufficiently slowly that I'm looking at upgrades that cost 15k and 300 metal and just groaning. Finding a ship with any metal can take forever sometimes. And I'm just not that good at boats. Like, sufficiently ungood at boats that even though I know it's meant to be easy I still go toe-to-toe with frigates and lose most of my health.
    Um. Apologies if this is no help but are you using heavy shot like you ought to? Just pressing right trigger or whatever the equivalent is on KB&M and not bothering to aim (aiming fires your regular round shot)? It's just I missed out on that for the longest time and it's absolutely vital to making the game as easy as possible, along with getting your mortars up as high as you can and softening enemies up from long distance first. Don't assume you have to board every ship if you're grinding for upgrades, either, unless you really need the health. If you can get the hang of the combat at all you should be able to chew through a ton of schooners and brigs in an hour's play or even half an hour, and then you should either have your metal or be able to sell off your rum and sugar for a fair amount.

On top of that Kenway's Fleet can seem tedious but it's another really easy way to pull in a hefty chunk of cash once you've got a couple of frigates to send out.

Last night I started Broken Age, played through all of Vella's story that it would seemingly allow me to before switching me over to Shay. I decided to use that as my point to stop playing for the night. I tried to switch back to Vella but she just lay there on the beach after the battle with the Mog.

So far the writing and dialogue are pretty good. It certainly has a charm about it. The art can be a bit hit and miss. There doesn't seem to be consistency between it all. Some of the characters, objects and backgrounds look better than others, like they put more effort or detail into them. At one point there's a ladder and I swear at times it looks like they just got a brown crayon to draw it in.

The mouth movement on some characters is also really weird. It's like early episodes of South Park levels of paper cut outs.

Steam ID

Activated Node
    been playing a lot of them console games recently, beaten FFXIII and asura's wrath which is an absurd and amazing spectacle.

On the PC side I've been playing bunch of smaller games that came out last year
    beaten brothers tale of 2 sons: An interesting game with a cool control mechanic but is rather overhyped. I found the puzzle to be very simplistic and the story very predictable. And all the emotional moment in the game feel rather forced on you. it get a 6/10 for me

Also played gun point which is a very neat little game. The author has a very interesting puzzle mechanic and execute it rather nicely, the story also has charm and humor. My only complain is the puzzle never get out there, all the solutions are obvious, this game would benefit a lot from an editor.

beaten trials evolutions. very fun game still even if it is basically the same thing since the flash game day. The forced Uplay is mostly fine except for the constant syncing with the leader board which takes 3-5 s after every round and really slow you down when you just want to restart.

Dipped my toes a little bit into EUIV today. On my way to make my home country viet nam a power house again. There're a lot of difference compare to EUIII especially on how the economy and research works so I've just been reading the change log and manual. Going to be a long process

Started Spud's Quest finally couple of days ago. Really liking it so far, only half way through the first temple. Wonder how much back-tracking there will be since the inventory slot is only 4 items and I keep on dropping stuff all the time.

Also started doing a match a day in Frozen Synapse. He is using his tablet and I am on the PC. Works like a charm. Awesome game.

I've been playing a STEP-modded Skyrim, since I never played the expansions. It's a really well crafted guide, makes the game much prettier and fixes a ton of things (but doesn't alter gameplay much). I did the foolhardy thing and just installed some 150 mods without any testing, and I was sure it wasn't going to run. But after using BOSS and TES5Edit, and fixing one mistake I'd made, it's actually running pretty flawlessly. My FPS (on a 560ti) sometimes dips below 20 but I haven't been able to determine what causes that.

As for the game itself, I was planning on doing something different this time but ended up reverting to my usual, easy, archery+sneak character. Melee is terrible, magic would probably require some extra modding to be fun, but shooting stuff with a bow is still pretty nice.

Just an insane amount of DayZ mod. A tad late to the party but wow, the most engrossing game I have ever played.