Page 969 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 46986991995996796896997097197910191069 ... LastLast
Results 19,361 to 19,380 of 23701
    Obscure Node
    FIFA 14
    it's awesome!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    I had the intention to play some Kerbal Space Program tonight, but after wrangling with Office Access for the better part of the day, watching unhelpful tutorials, reading unintelligible guides, and having to content with my stubborn self - I think I'll settle for something a little more primal. World of Warcraft's Warsong Gulch it is!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    The Banner Saga is teaching me that my judgement is crap. Just lost a rank 5 character by making a bad call.

I am methodically trying to finish some games from my backlog.
    While I am half way through Remember Me by now (such a wasted opportunity, it's a pity, gorgeous game), I spent an hour on the side finishing Zeno Clash. It was ... ok. The world was weirdly interesting indeed, but the fighting was a bit too frantic, with too many enemies at the same time usually, for it to be accomplished. Most of the time I was just walking around them trying to perform a few punches and run away. I will start the second one next week to see if it's any better.
    I am putting UnEpic aside for this week, though the itch is there!

Obscure Node
    Like most of the world, I'm pretty obsessed with Nidhogg. But I'm so bad at it. Even when a fighter is stripped down like that, I'm too uncoordinated to mount effective offense!

PC:
    Nidhogg: Just started playing
    Football Manager 14: I serioulsy need to stop playing this game, my life would probably be so much better

Xbox 360:
    Sleeping dogs: I know i already should have finished this game but for some reason I keep starting other new games before I even finish this one
    FIFA 14: More of the same from previous years but itīs still fun.

iPad app:
    Quizkampen: Don't know if itīs got an English name also but itīs just an normal quiz game

On mobile on my way to work trying to beat my friends high scores:
    Jet Boy: Just an easy game but Iīm not going to let any of my friends get the high score =)
    http://cloudgames.com/en/games/Arcade/Jet-Boy

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Prime World: Defenders
    Seems like the many other RPG lite Tower Defense games (Kingdom Rush, Defender's Quest). The big feature is that you collect 'cards' which are towers, spells and upgrade cards. You can forge cards into 1 card to level it up and you can fuse card/towers of the same time to enable access to higher upgrade levels when playing a map. You also get coins which you pay to unlock talents and pay to use the forge. So far a story mission has not been impossible to over come. Side missions that are enabled for you to play to grind coins and cards, the 'hard' versions have been impossible with my current collection.

Seems ok so far as long as the grinding does not become to required to much. And to be fair, the random maps are maps you have played but with different tower positions enabled along with different totems (bad guy buff towers that you can kill) and arcanes (super buff tower locations). Its in a Bundle Stars bundle currently. Worth the couple dollars you will pay for it.

I've dipped my toes on Skyrim, but I'm afraid I don't have the time to play a TES game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Played the first episode of the new Walking Dead. Spent a lot of time moping about you know who and caved a few walkers skulls in. Good times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I've dipped my toes on Skyrim, but I'm afraid I don't have the time to play a TES game.
    I find it pretty satisfying to just have a wander around and find some interesting things to do. I've spent a long time playing it, but have barely scratched the surface of the main quest.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Started the second chapter of the ArmA3 campaign: Adapt

So far, I like it. Starting to put me in charge of the squad, but the objectives are still tight enough that it isn't just "make your way across the map, do stuff". If I wanted that little direction, I would pub with random strangers :p

Only one hub mission in so far, but I like it. Not sure how the camp missions work since it said I can do them "on my own time" but I only get a few minutes between spawning and briefing and rerming

And it looks like BiS removed the good scopes from the camp inventory so as to force me to use a red dot. I realize that is probably more realistic (not every soldier is supposed to be the designated marksman) but god damn it, I like being able to conserve ammo rather than use my "line up the sights, spray a few shots" approach.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I gave in to my dark urges and plunged into The Secret World. I guess most intelligent things to be said about it has already been said at this point, so all I can do is repeat the common knowledge that 1) the combat is pretty shit, 2) the writing is hilarious and 3) the investigation missions are occasionally brilliant and rewarding. The second two points are enough to make me want to keep playing for the moment at least.

Finally finished Gunslinger and Dust: An Elysian Tail. Gonna say, I got my time and moneys worth with both games.

According to www.steamcompletionist.net I should play Banner Saga/iBomber/Cave Story and/or Blades of Time.

The Banner Saga is how many hours exactly?
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    I find it pretty satisfying to just have a wander around and find some interesting things to do. I've spent a long time playing it, but have barely scratched the surface of the main quest.
    This is my experience too, its always there for me to come back to

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    I spent an hour on the side finishing Zeno Clash.
    Your posts made me go back to it after years since I last tried the demo; once again I'm bouncing off because of the combat. This time in a level where I'm fighting 3 guys in what boils down to a corridor; there's very little space to move around and it's easy to have them all three gang up on me, and then it's a matter of seconds <sigh>
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Relearning AI War is a real treat, especially with some of these new, really cool mechanics. Hacking is a fantastic mechanical solution to certain problems in the original design, and opens up a wealth of new strategic possibilities. The new ships are interesting, and the AI has clearly been even further improved over the years - it's genuinely frightening how clever and unpredictable it's gotten. 400+ hours and this thing still has new tricks up its sleeve.

Also, still playing through XCOM: EW and still really enjoying it. I suspect I'm closing in on the end, though I can't be sure since this is my first time through. Normal is proving to be a bit too easy this time, so the next time I try I'll have to give classic a shot and probably get my ass kicked all over the place. Then again, whats XCOM without getting your ass kicked, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Playing XCOM: EW classic semi-ironman (there was one instance where I saved the game right before going on a covert op, loaded up the game the next day ... and lost the operative because I just totally forgot. So I deleted the game and let Steam Cloud Save get the old one back for me. Lost operative aside, it might actually come back to bite me--I almost lost two super important folks in the Exalt mission for one thing and for another I got a tougher random mission this time around when I caught up to the round of abductions I did right before noticing I'd forgotten the exalt cell--a mere day or two in-game time after said mission).

It's super awesome, but I haven't tried the MEC and gene stuff yet. I haven't really had the spare cash to do it. :P
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardust’s Music Sounds Better With You. There’s lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context that’s cheating -bull0

Remember that MEC gets obsolete rather quick while Gene, while expensive, levels well

Finsihed Black Flag a couple of days ago and probably going to get the DLCs for some more pirating and jumping on roofs.
    It's a great open world game with a solid story, but I agree with the complaint about too much following and eavesdropping missions.

Next is ​Zeno Clash.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Let me just run my freak flag up a little higher by saying I absolutely loved almost all of Black Flag's eavesdropping/tailing missions and could happily have played more of them.

No, seriously. They've plainly got big ol' flaws, I'm not denying that (way too much emphasis on one correct route, to start with), but actually being able to work out the twists and turns on the fly, keep up with the target and pull off the whole ahahaha-I-can-hear-your-every-word thing successfully gave me some of the biggest thrills in that entire game. And while I did have problems I seem to have had far less than most (vocal) people playing it on this forum, at least. I remember multiple times where I caught myself thinking "Aren't these meant to be rubbish? Aren't I supposed to hate the game at this point? But spying on people is awesome."

Not to mention unlocking free dancers (and they cost sod-all anyway) makes half of them pretty much a formality. But then I still liked the missions even when they were a formality - I liked Black Flag's story and even at my most cynical ("Tish, pshaw, this is all nonsense, my good man") the writing was still generally great and made the conversations worth listening to. So, yeah. No getting rid of/cutting down on the eavesdropping or tailing, Ubisoft, ta. Pretty much the best thing you brought back from the first game, to be honest.