Page 973 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 47387392396397197297397497598310231073 ... LastLast
Results 19,441 to 19,460 of 23681
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I tried to download that, but I clearly did something wrong and after half an hour of trying to get it to work, I said sod it and just started the game normally. If anyone can tell me how it fits in to the Steam version - and at the same time tells me I don't need to restart my game - I'll happily add it, otherwise I'm okay with how it's going at the moment.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Odd. I have the steam version as well and it worked fine. You're sure you installed it in the right place/activated it through the launcher?

I believe so. What was the exact process you went through to get it working? I can try replicating that and see if it works.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions on the download page exactly. Beyond that, I'm not sure I can help. Sorry.

Anyway, I'm replaying New Vegas. Again. This time around with a couple of restoration mods, mainly moburma80's, and I'm surprised at just how much of an improvement they make. The vanilla game's a ghost town.
    Last edited by wrestledwithgod; 25-01-2014 at 11:18 PM.

I started another run of XCOM:EW after people lauded the training roulette second wave option.

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    Finished XCOM: Enemy Unknown just now. It's really good, apart from:
    1. Lacking a "put all others into Overwatch" button, or really just having a proper key for overwatch.
    "Y" is the hotkey for overwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    "Y" is the hotkey for overwatch.
    I was more or less anticipating this. Still hurts. All the times pressing 2, enter, 4, enter, 2, enter, 5, enter...
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

I have no idea when I found out, but certainly was a godsend as I had the same problem.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am excited about the hotkey, although for what it's worth double tapping the number also works.

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    I was more or less anticipating this. Still hurts. All the times pressing 2, enter, 4, enter, 2, enter, 5, enter...
    Ugh that pain. Thank you Tikey for this info before I finished my game :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I picked up Risk of Rain. Which is brilliant, and ticks all my boxes better than most games of that ilk since Binding Of Isaac, but it is bastard hard. I can't get past the third stage. Still enjoying it though.

Like Isaac, progression increases the more you play it generally, just in the habit of unlocking more things. Once you actually complete the damn thing, it becomes a lot more manageable...especially when you have the Huntress who is like a Commando but with less damage and increased mobility.

I reached a part in Zeno Clash where the bad gameplay got stronger the interesting world, so I decided to quit before I get pissed off when the next exploding squirrel hits me (I'm referring to the second hunter. The first was annoying but manageable).
    Don't think I'm going back there, but maybe I'll bother with an LP just to see what happens next.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Banner Saga has ruined me a little at the moment and I'm craving something similar. So on that basis, can anyone recommend a game which has:
    turn-based combat which doesn't require several days to learn and which is fairly fast-paced (no excessively long animations etc);
    characters which level-up and are persistant throughout a campaign (i.e. they are carried between missions);
    something resembling a decent storyline/narrative.

So far I'm thinking HoMM 5 could work, but it depends on the combat system. Same with Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic. I bounced off Disciples 3 a few months back because there was just too much dicking around in combat, so it often felt like a waste of time. Almost tempted to start up Kings Bounty: The Legend but if it's anything like Armoured Princess then only one character has any sort of persistance, which isn't really what I'm looking for. Blood Bowl is another option but completely lacks a story or characters.

I've started a game of Torchlight 2 while trying to be inspired but it really isn't working for me. At this rate I may end up sacrificing one or two of those requirements and starting a new game of Sacrifice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    @Casimir Effect:

Have you tried King's Bounty? I thought it went on for way too long, but I got a good amount of fun out of it before it got tedious. Mr Meer had an obsession with it a good while back and there are lots of (very good) articles about his adventures here on RPS.

edit: Somehow completely missed that you already mentioned it in your post. Shame on me.
    Last edited by Skalpadda; 27-01-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Does anyone know a co-op game for 5 players, one of whom is playing on a mac? It was an absolute nightmare trying to find anything apart from Minecraft (which we've played extensively already) or Civilization V (which some of us don't like). Suggestions would be very welcome!
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    Does anyone know a co-op game for 5 players, one of whom is playing on a mac? It was an absolute nightmare trying to find anything apart from Minecraft (which we've played extensively already) or Civilization V (which some of us don't like). Suggestions would be very welcome!
    Artemis, the bridge simulator.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    OlliOlli - great skateboarding vita game that mixes the best elements of Skate and Thrasher: Skate and Destroy (which everyone interested in skating games knows is the best skating game ever made). Brilliant sound track, easy to pick up but hard to master and online leader boards really push you to try do better on every run. Currently trying to get into the top 20 at least on every level.

Don't Starve - I really hate pengulls for killing me. I think it was a mistake on their part. I had such a good set up. Base was surrounded by walls, had the first three constructions for building new things, had a field full of rabbits and beefalo, 5 improved farms and 20 berry bushes. Five days left of winter and the pengulls killed me.

DCU Online - This isn't as bad as I thought it might be. Threw a fiver at it so I could play as a Green Lantern which is great fun. The instances are horrible to do in a PUG though it seems. You can get people who just don't pay attention. They're a nice change from the WoW style ones though. Even if people don't pay attention in the DCU:O ones you can still get by at least for a while by which point you'll probably have replaced them or they'll have woken up.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Kiling Floor, or if you're not always five there's also Borderlands 2 and Left 4 Dead 2. Drawing quite a large blank on any others right now though.

Have you already looked into the (Action)RPG genre? The Black Isle Studios titles should support party play without OS issues. However, Gameranger or similar software might be necessary to get it working. Diablo 2 should work as well.

How about the Commandos series? Probably not available for Mac... which might be the most limiting factor. Since I have not a lot of experience with gaming on Mac, is it possible to emulate Windows games in some way (like with Wine for Linux)?

Also, the Serious Sam games!

Edit: Stores like gog.com and Steam should allow you to search for titles filtered for OS, co-op/multiplayer, etc., maybe there's some inspiration to be had from that as well.

Editē: I know this might be not for everyone, but some MMOs might be fun in small groups as well. A large part of the content of Guild Wars 2 is designed for parties of 5. The game goes on sale every now and then (~30$ price point) and doesn't include a subscription fee. The game has a couple of flaws but should provide a lot of fun for a bunch of people who like exploration (there's also an active GW2 RPS guild that could help out with stuff, no requirement to join or anything).
    Last edited by Squiz; 27-01-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Banner Saga has ruined me a little at the moment and I'm craving something similar. So on that basis, can anyone recommend a game which has:
    turn-based combat which doesn't require several days to learn and which is fairly fast-paced (no excessively long animations etc);
    characters which level-up and are persistant throughout a campaign (i.e. they are carried between missions);
    something resembling a decent storyline/narrative.

So far I'm thinking HoMM 5 could work, but it depends on the combat system. Same with Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic. I bounced off Disciples 3 a few months back because there was just too much dicking around in combat, so it often felt like a waste of time. Almost tempted to start up Kings Bounty: The Legend but if it's anything like Armoured Princess then only one character has any sort of persistance, which isn't really what I'm looking for. Blood Bowl is another option but completely lacks a story or characters.

I've started a game of Torchlight 2 while trying to be inspired but it really isn't working for me. At this rate I may end up sacrificing one or two of those requirements and starting a new game of Sacrifice.
    Have you played Expeditions: Conquistador? I should tick off most of the boxes you're looking for, though the worldmap can be a bit of a drag sometimes. But Kings Bounty: The Legend is also a great choice. However, do keep in mind that all the things you're used to in Armored Princess are either not there or not yet optimized (for one, I'm talking about the sheer inability to fast travel for example, which gets annoying pretty quickly). But I did like the chest of nocluehowitscalled (rage?) that was the predecessor of the weird and dull pet dragon.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more