Page 979 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 47987992996997797897998098198910291079 ... LastLast
Results 19,561 to 19,580 of 22765
    Thomas was Alone

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    I'm having quite a bit of fun still with Defender's Quest. Unfortunately it seems to require quite a bit of backtracking to gain levels and gold for weapons or armour. That takes some of the flow out of the amusing tale, but at least the gameplay offers sufficiently different difficulty modes per battle.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    How can you call it back tracking? You are selecting puzzles from a list.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

You have to replay some stages you've already completed to earn extra XP and gold to be able to complete the later stages.

Im retarded how do you post a thread I feel so stupid!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    So I got to the point-of-no-return in Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and after fighting through a couple of the end-game arenas I realized that I wasn't really having fun anymore. Granted, part of this is just down to my personal taste: my preferred way of going through the rest of the game was to stealthily pick people off one by one, so being thrown into a stream of linear, close quarters combat really didn't appeal to me. In any case, I'm officially considering that one "done", and crossing it off my backlog. Overall I quite liked it; at the very least it gave me a bunch of new garrisons to take over, which was worth the price of admission alone.
    If you haven't played to the very end you haven't seen the best the game has to offer. I agree the last few fights can be tedious but know that you don't have to fight in all of them, you can simply sneak or run your way past foes to advance to the next area in most cases.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    In the process of patching Boiling Point ,i hope there won't be flying jaguars this time haha :p

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    If you haven't played to the very end you haven't seen the best the game has to offer. I agree the last few fights can be tedious but know that you don't have to fight in all of them, you can simply sneak or run your way past foes to advance to the next area in most cases.
    Maybe I'll go back and finish it off then. To be honest, I was basing this decision mostly on the fact that the same thing happened in Far Cry 3 and, for me, it never improved. Figured that this one was falling into the same trap. Thanks for the heads up though!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    If you haven't played to the very end you haven't seen the best the game has to offer.
    Spoiler: Loading you up with a hideously overpowered weapon and then sending you through an on-rails shooting gallery was hardly the best part of the game, in my opinion.

The second-to-last level was, however, quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    In the process of patching Boiling Point ,i hope there won't be flying jaguars this time haha :p
    Could you please let me know how the game runs these days? I had to think of that game while playing Far Cry 2 the other day.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

I've begin playing the Banner's saga since Kadayi seems obsessed with it.

I am now at the beginning of act 4.Iit's such an amazing game.
    I love the look and feel of the game. It's unique and Innovative. Combat isn't too hard in normal so far, i've yet to lose a battle but I often end up with several injuries.

Some choices don't really make sense and it's a shame some off battles deaths can screw you because you invested heavily on a character. FTL did that too, but FTL is a fast game. Banner's saga isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    Could you please let me know how the game runs these days? I had to think of that game while playing Far Cry 2 the other day.

Well it works fine,and plays quite good for kinda low budget game. The only thing thats bugging me right now is no widescreen support :|

Last edited by DaftPunk; 04-02-2014 at 12:32 PM.

A bit of Skyrim, although it likes to crash on quicksave and I just can't fix that (believe me I've tried everything!).

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, after the recent Steam sale, although the shine is coming off after a few days of playing.

Considering getting started in Icewind Dale (the mod for NWN2 not the original one), but can't decide what party to create at the very beginning...

Despite finding it a bit monotonous I can't stop playing Skyrim.
    I specialized in two handed weapons. But much like Morrowind the game seems to be more partial to one handed swords as many of the special weapons you find are of this type. I'd like to respec but I think I made a mess with a few mods. Also I kinda like killing most mobs with one or two hits, but I've been using the same sword for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    I've begin playing the Banner's saga since Kadayi seems obsessed with it.
    As a rule Kadayi liking something is not always a good reason to do it. :P

Network Hub
    Finally playing Bioshock 2 (is Minerva Den story set after the game's end?)

and Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    As a rule Kadayi liking something is not always a good reason to do it. :P
    Maybe not :P
    But this time he's probably right, he is a pretty good advocate of the game !

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Minerva happens simultaneously (you are not the same big daddy).

Obscure Node
    Currently working through Fallout New Vegas for the first time having had it sat in my steam library for a long time. I'm enjoying, but Fallout 3 was my first Fallout and I found I needed to wait long enough to want to face wandering around a wasteland again.

Having bounced horribly off of Oblivion while still playing through the whole thing (oh looks it's identi-kit ruined fort number 37), but enjoying both the Bethesda modern fallouts should I give Skyrim ago? Though given my current adult life free time it's going to be a few months before I finish NV.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Minerva happens simultaneously (you are not the same big daddy).
    Or before, or after. As far as I could tell, it's the same general timeframe as Bioshock 2; no more specific than that, right?