Page 983 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 48388393397398198298398498599310331083 ... LastLast
Results 19,641 to 19,660 of 24090
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Playing DOOM RPG game on mobile phone and its so good that i got the urge to play DOOM 3,(Never even played it and i'm big DOOM fan)but i'm skeptical because game looks kinda linear :/

What do you think guys

----> YES / NO ?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It IS linear as hell (heh), after all.
    Doom 3 is at that weird spot between FPS Generations. The levels have become quite a bit more linear from the earlier shooters but aren't yet closed off tunnels. Meaning, you can frequently stray from the beaten path and collect out of the way weapons, logs and ammo. This way, you'll have access to much nicer weapons that much earlier.

Gameplay wise, the early 30 minutes, often cited as the best part of the game (I agree, maybe) are really not like Doom. They set the game up as a horror game, then ditch that 30 minutes in and switch back to old shoot and dodge action against Demons. You'll fight fewer enemies but the ones you do fight are plenty enough. I found it reasonably shooty, whatever that means but was a bit bored by the predictable enemy spawns. Oh and if graphics are your thing, there are several mods out there (like Sikkmod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/sikkmod), that make Doom 3 look like it was made this year.
    Whatever you do though, think twice about getting the BFG Edition.
    Last I heard, it does not play nice with mods other than Texture and Sound and has some odd changes like lowered difficulty, less FoV and limited Saveslots. And the big feature of the BFG edition, the supposed higher compatiblity with newer OS, is kinda moot since it bugs a lot on Windows 8.1.

That's all just my personal opinion of course.

Network Hub
    I've just reached the first boss in The Witcher 2, and its just reminded me if how much I generally hate boss fights. The game, overall, though, is much more enjoyable than the first so far, so I'll most definitely plow ahead.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    I've just reached the first boss in The Witcher 2, and its just reminded me if how much I generally hate boss fights. The game, overall, though, is much more enjoyable than the first so far, so I'll most definitely plow ahead.
    oh? which one? In chapter 1?

playing TW2 as well and hate bosses too

SPOILERS

Letho is a fucking dick. i could not lower his health bar below fifty percent and had to switch to easy mode. and on easy mode the fight took me 30 seconds as he could not defend against my attacks.
    will try to beat him fair and square on normal tomorrow but dear god, the game is fucking hard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    SPOILERS

Letho is a fucking dick. i could not lower his health bar below fifty percent and had to switch to easy mode. and on easy mode the fight took me 30 seconds as he could not defend against my attacks.
    will try to beat him fair and square on normal tomorrow but dear god, the game is fucking hard.
    He's one of those bosses that you really just need to know how to deal with. I hit him like a brick wall on normal, but breezed past him on hard. But yeah, the game does have some serious issues with difficulty spikes.

Network Hub
    On my laptop, playing Port Royale (pretty damn fun), Anno 1602 (i dont like city builders but i'm enjoying this one), Imperium Galactica 2 (awesome game, love the interface and how simple it is to use) and Age of Wonders (love the art and music, plus the gameplay is solid, much better game than the HoMM series).

Main PC, going through Mafia 2 DLC (better than Mafia 1, sorry fanboys), trying to 100% Just Cause 2 and just messing around (best looking and most fun open world game i've played), started DIRT Showdown (underrated, fact is, all new Codemasters games are awesome, dirt series, grid series, dragon reising series), replaying Trine (very fun), replaying TDR 2000 (better than Carma 2 in a lot of ways), messing around in X2 The Threat (finished it months ago, still great) and a bit of Race07 (best sim ive played, just playing custom champniohsips) and UT2K4 (the single player is pretty fun).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    He's one of those bosses that you really just need to know how to deal with. I hit him like a brick wall on normal, but breezed past him on hard. But yeah, the game does have some serious issues with difficulty spikes.
    Yeah, not so much. At least the last time I played it, on Normal difficulty he was simply poorly designed, end of story. I mean, technically you can get past pretty much any enemy in any game if they're vulnerable and you "know what you're doing". Doesn't change the fact that a boss making his first appearance early in the game - who is basically you, only ripped - should not move several times faster than you, hit harder than you, cast impossibly fast, use a stunlock that's near impossible to escape and recover much faster than pretty much any enemy in the game. He was a terrible, horrible, no-good very bad boss fight and far, far worse than anything in, say, Deus Ex: Human Resources.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    Yeah, not so much. At least the last time I played it, on Normal difficulty he was simply poorly designed, end of story. I mean, technically you can get past pretty much any enemy in any game if they're vulnerable and you "know what you're doing". Doesn't change the fact that a boss making his first appearance early in the game - who is basically you, only ripped - should not move several times faster than you, hit harder than you, cast impossibly fast, use a stunlock that's near impossible to escape and recover much faster than pretty much any enemy in the game. He was a terrible, horrible, no-good very bad boss fight and far, far worse than anything in, say, Deus Ex: Human Resources.
    Yep. When players try to defend him with the whole 'he's got the same moves as you' shenanigans, I just want to answer that I wish Geralt could take half as many stabs to the face as that jerk. In the end I just crafted like 30 bombs and threw them all in his face at the start. Skipped the fight entirely. Absolute nonsense.

Network Hub
    Speaking of terrible, horrible, no-good very bad boss fights... Still happily meandering through Dark Souls and i just got past the Bed of Chaos fight and picked up the first Lord Soul and... bloody hell, i seriously hope that the bed of chaos was just a single misstep when it comes to boss design and not a sign of things to come. Most bosses i've encountered so far were challenging in an interesting way and somewhat fair (even the capra demon), but i have no qualm with calling bullshit on that one. Seriously annoying, utter bullshit. Grarr.

Ah and when it comes to the Painted World of Ariamis - Haven't been there yet, but i have a hunch where i might find either it or (more likely) further cryptic clues regarding its location, actually - Got a random 'painting guardian sword' somewhere in anor londo, so i'll probably backtrack/sidetrack to that location later.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    That's pretty much what I said, only longer, isn't it? He's a huge difficulty spike. That's poor design. However, if you know a working approach, he can be dealt with. I'm not sure which one of us is misreading the other, but it seems to me like you're disagreeing by agreeing with me.

@Serenegoose: I'm not defending him, I hated the fight both times. I'm just saying that he's beatable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post

@Serenegoose: I'm not defending him, I hated the fight both times. I'm just saying that he's beatable.
    My comment wasn't aimed at you, as you didn't make the defence that vexes me :) Just at a hypothetical comment I've seen crop up a few times in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Procrastination Giant View Post
    Speaking of terrible, horrible, no-good very bad boss fights... Still happily meandering through Dark Souls and i just got past the Bed of Chaos fight and picked up the first Lord Soul and... bloody hell, i seriously hope that the bed of chaos was just a single misstep when it comes to boss design and not a sign of things to come. Most bosses i've encountered so far were challenging in an interesting way and somewhat fair (even the capra demon), but i have no qualm with calling bullshit on that one. Seriously annoying, utter bullshit. Grarr.

Ah and when it comes to the Painted World of Ariamis - Haven't been there yet, but i have a hunch where i might find either it or (more likely) further cryptic clues regarding its location, actually - Got a random 'painting guardian sword' somewhere in anor londo, so i'll probably backtrack/sidetrack to that location later.
    The bed thankfully is a single misstep. As for the Painting, unless you've been thorough from the beginning you'll have a rather hard time accessing it. Good luck.

Another reason to use the FCRB; I managed to take him down on the first try without much difficulty. Was a bit surprised when I learned he's a brick wall in the vanilla game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    You only need to look back a few pages to see my comments on The Witcher 2 and its difficulty curve (more like a crayon mark left on a piece of paper after giving a 2 year old that crayon and letting them go wild) however, I actually feel like the Letho fight was moderately reasonable. Bearing in mind I was playing on Dark too and certainly did have to attempt it a good few times, once I established what strategies worked, I just followed them through. When I eventually beat him, using a variety of spells (and never Quen, which I feel makes that fight harder for you), the odd bomb and some backstabbing heavy attacks, I felt like I had earned the win and that he was a good fight. Now, if you're to ask me whether or not his difficulty was well established prior to that point, I'd have to say no, but I think he could've fit in perfectly fine if the difficulty curve had been far more natural leading up to that point.

Anyhow, I really do love it when games have achievements that make you do something a little different or perhaps opposed to the core conceit of that game (but still within the realm of something you could do anyhow) so it's with that that I'm really wanting to get the final Steam achievement (plenty more in game to get) for Risk of Rain that in the underwater level, requires you to knock 20 of a particular type of enemy off the bottom-most ledges in the level. Given that not every character has an easy means of simply knocking back enemies and that by the time you reach that level, you might be so powerful as to just kill anything before you can knock them off, it's proving to be quite the challenge.

I think to do it 20 times is asking a bit much. It certainly requires a good amount of luck to it, that you don't get a crit that just causes it to explode, or actually having those particular enemies spawning in at the particular point in the level and there's obviously some skill involved, but 20 just seems excessive. You could still brag about how you'd downed 10 of them and still feel like it was a good achievement. That said, here I am, still trying. It also reminds me how a week ago I set out to final S rank the achievements in Sonic Generations, of which one remained; beat the final boss without getting hit by anything. Easier said than done, given that the boss fight is so clunky and there isn't always good feedback to establish if you've hit anything or not. Anyhow, I got it, so yay me.

Otherwise, I'm trying to determine what my next Main Game to play will be and I'm thinking Skyrim, what with the game having been sitting on my hard drive since release untouched. With the power of hindsight, I'd have gladly skipped Zelda: Skyward Sword to at least start it, even if it'd still of have to have waited until Sonic Generations was played sufficiently.