Page 984 of 1052 FirstFirst ... 4848849349749829839849859869941034 ... LastLast
Results 19,661 to 19,680 of 21040
  1. #19661
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,818
    On my Dark Souls (PS3) run: Finished Anor Londo and killed Seath. Starting up the DLC because I am a mage and Dark Bead will be VERY useful against Four Kings. I probably should put a few points into my Vit and End (I am kind of a glass cannon right now). Thinking I'll use Sanctuary Guardian to fuel that, but if it gets too annoying I can just go kill Ceaseless Discharge or something (I want to save Sif until post-DLC for Reasons).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  2. #19662
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    Yeah, I'm referring to the giant squid-thing in chapter 1. It wasn't incredibly difficult once I found out what I had to do to beat it, but the steps you had to take to take the thing down seemed rather arbitrary.
    my issue was that i did not realize that only tentacles on the side can be captured. not the one in the middle. therefore i cursed like a drunken sailor on why my trap is not catching them.


    I just started Act 2. Great game so far except those annoying bosses. I hope I chose lesser evil when I chose Roche's side. I helped Sociatel in TW1 but I really dislike how they attacked me on sight when Act 1 started hence i'm with the king now.
    Last edited by Lukasz; 09-02-2014 at 04:55 AM.

  3. #19663
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,462
    Might and Magic X

    Ok. I'm done with this game. It was fine but then I triggered the main quest, admittedly I wasn't paying attention when game told me that it won't let me go back from it. So now I'm on the last boss and it's a tiresome almsot JRPG-style game design abortion. It's not hard really, but my mistakes durning character generation are finally showing. Some characters have not enough HP and die constantly, others I should have upgraded but put it on hold. And now I'm stuck at the third solar sigil, there are jsut too many regular enemies and the fight takes almost half an hour, plenty of time for something to go wrong like for example final boss killing my healer/ressurecter guy. Even the trusty "put everyone to sleep and kill one by one" tactic is not helpful because it just takes so much time when I have to kill everyone REAL QUICK. Like with Mysterious Tomb puzzles I know I can complete it but I also know that it will take way more time than it's worth( and I bruteforced most of the MT puzzles).
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

  4. #19664
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Slovenia| Ljubljana
    Posts
    3,978
    Doom 3 sucks balls,original and second one are more open then this and those games are older 10 years haha.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

  5. #19665
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,319
    It's a really bad doom game, but it's much better than dead space at being dead space.

  6. #19666
    Lesser Hivemind Node Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    It's a really bad doom game, but it's much better than dead space at being dead space.
    Ohh, I could go for that!

  7. #19667
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Slovenia| Ljubljana
    Posts
    3,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    It's a really bad doom game, but it's much better than dead space at being dead space.

    I'll try to stick with it because maybe it opens later on,because right now its like dead space in first person like you said. Dark corridors and closet jumps every 2 minutes :x
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

  8. #19668
    Network Hub Wenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    351
    Give a try to brutal doom if yoi feel like

  9. #19669
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Ohh, I could go for that!
    I would recommend it. Doom 3 got a bit mauled on release, but it's a more immersive and well built zombie filled space facility than Dead Space's Ishimura. Lots of little touches make it good fun - a nice bit of tactileness on the touchpads to open doors and suchlike, the in-game adverts reek of ~Building Better Worlds~ and for a horror game, actually having to decide between light or gun is nicely effective. It's not a scary game like Amnesia, it's a tense, claustrophobic shooter. Unsophisticated but, in my opinion, unfairly maligned for it.

  10. #19670
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by fallingcow View Post
    Give a try to brutal doom if yoi feel like
    I would certainly recommend this to daftpunk however. Doom 3 doesn't ever turn into doom 1 or 2, but Brutal Doom is excellent.

  11. #19671
    Network Hub Avish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Might and Magic X

    Ok. I'm done with this game. It was fine but then I triggered the main quest, admittedly I wasn't paying attention when game told me that it won't let me go back from it. So now I'm on the last boss and it's a tiresome almsot JRPG-style game design abortion. It's not hard really, but my mistakes durning character generation are finally showing. Some characters have not enough HP and die constantly, others I should have upgraded but put it on hold. And now I'm stuck at the third solar sigil, there are jsut too many regular enemies and the fight takes almost half an hour, plenty of time for something to go wrong like for example final boss killing my healer/ressurecter guy. Even the trusty "put everyone to sleep and kill one by one" tactic is not helpful because it just takes so much time when I have to kill everyone REAL QUICK. Like with Mysterious Tomb puzzles I know I can complete it but I also know that it will take way more time than it's worth( and I bruteforced most of the MT puzzles).
    Playing it these days and the more I play the more exhausting it gets. Fights tend to be against bigger and bigger hordes and keeping your party members on their feet can get frustrating, not to mention backtracking back to town just to revive a lost mate (I have an NPC that can revive, but she's only good once a day). And there is no viable fast travel option and you just have to walk through the same, empty (because I killed everyone in them) and pointless areas just to get to town and it's a proper waste of the player's time.
    Despite those (and a few others) issues I'm still enjoying MMX, but I don't think I'll ever reach the end and will probably stop playing it as soon as something I'm interested it goes on sale.

    Hopefully it will be fixed with the modding tools, since it has the potential of being great.

  12. #19672
    Lesser Hivemind Node Drayk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Europe's capital
    Posts
    506
    I completed both the Banner Saga and to the Moon. Both are really good games in their own rights.

    To the moon
    story was ok and the two scientists are pretty interesting. The gameplay part is weak and they could have thought of more puzzle and stuff to do. It wasn't as heartbreaking as some people said it was but it was a pretty moving story nonetheless. I completed it in 3 hours.

    The Banner Saga is a great game but the fights get pretty repetive and some story choices are a bit strange and some bugs are anoying. Like Iver stats reseting after a certain event. The ending falls a bit flat too. The game looks gorgeous and the soundtrack is pretty decent. The lack of voice acting isn't a problem but i feel that more voices is the way to go for part 2 if they get the cash for it. Strangely this makes me wanna play king of the dragon pass. I 've never played it but i read a bit about it and it seems like an amazing game.
    I am also playing a bit of FF XII zodiac job version with PSX2. It's been years since my last attempt on the game and the Higher res + job system makes the game pretty interesting... I still don't know why characters like Penelo and Vaan are in this. Demgraphics, yeah i know but they don't really fit in the story even if they aren't annoying or stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

  13. #19673
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Doom 3 sucks balls,original and second one are more open then this and those games are older 10 years haha.
    Hell is pretty cool, or at least it was back when I played Doom 3 in 2004. The game could've used some cutting. Too many monster closets, not enough pure carnage or gibs, likely because the PCs of the time couldn't handle the graphics.

  14. #19674
    Network Hub TheDreamlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    202
    DmC, half way through and it is quite fun. I am playing it on Human level, cos I'm not a masochist and I'm finding much more accessible and peasant thatn 4, esp since there is not much back tracking, which I hated in 4.

  15. #19675
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK, Derby
    Posts
    589
    My God, that final boss in Path of Exile is, uh, well, there's no polite way to put it. SNK would be proud. (Spoilers just in case.) Ultra-fast health drain if you move away from him that works like bleeding but much faster, and it stacks! Yay! Only I'm a ranger, I've never once used melee combat, I don't see why I should suddenly have to and I'm playing solo! Boo!

    Still really enjoying it most of the time, but this, Christ. No way I'm getting past this by myself. Gonna have to grab some randoms, I suppose. Also I do love how the forums are full of "adjust your build/your stats/your loadout for this, that and the other to beat him" when I've never had to pay the slightest bit of attention to any of that other than picking skills to do with flinging pointy sticks, basically. That stuff should be solely the preserve of higher difficulty levels, end of story. I admit I wanted more of a challenge than Torchlight II (and the fight against the boss's henchmen was actually pretty neat) but this is ridiculous. :-(

    EDIT: Also, on those forums; I love how you get conversations like

    "OMG lern 2 play scrub I don see wut the problem iz"
    "Uh, might want to tone down the condescending sarcasm there, sport"
    "o okay uh like I beat him 200 times on Merciless maybe thas got something to do wit how I think"

    ...GEE, YOU RECKON? :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 09-02-2014 at 10:08 PM.

  16. #19676
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    My God, that final boss in Path of Exile is, uh, well, there's no polite way to put it. SNK would be proud. (Spoilers just in case.) Ultra-fast health drain if you move away from him that works like bleeding but much faster, and it stacks! Yay! Only I'm a ranger, I've never once used melee combat, I don't see why I should suddenly have to and I'm playing solo! Boo!

    Still really enjoying it most of the time, but this, Christ. No way I'm getting past this by myself. Gonna have to grab some randoms, I suppose. Also I do love how the forums are full of "adjust your build/your stats/your loadout for this, that and the other to beat him" when I've never had to pay the slightest bit of attention to any of that other than picking skills to do with flinging pointy sticks, basically. That stuff should be solely the preserve of higher difficulty levels, end of story. I admit I wanted more of a challenge than Torchlight II (and the fight against the boss's henchmen was actually pretty neat) but this is ridiculous. :-(

    EDIT: Also, on those forums; I love how you get conversations like

    "OMG lern 2 play scrub I don see wut the problem iz"
    "Uh, might want to tone down the condescending sarcasm there, sport"
    "o okay uh like I beat him 200 times on Merciless maybe thas got something to do wit how I think"

    ...GEE, YOU RECKON? :rolleyes:
    Uhm, that is just how games like PoE work. If your build can't take Dominus on the first difficulty setting, you are completely fucked on later difficulty settings.

    I guess you don't want to hear "your build is crap, make a better one", but either your tactics are horrid (you realized you need to stay in the safety bubble, so probably not) or your build just isn't all that good. Rangers in particular are prone to this because you are able to keep your distance and kite everyone for much of the earlier levels (you don't get swarmed as much), but swarms are the name of the game later on.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  17. #19677
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK, Derby
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Uhm, that is just how games like PoE work. If your build can't take Dominus on the first difficulty setting, you are completely fucked on later difficulty settings.

    I guess you don't want to hear "your build is crap, make a better one", but either your tactics are horrid (you realized you need to stay in the safety bubble, so probably not) or your build just isn't all that good. Rangers in particular are prone to this because you are able to keep your distance and kite everyone for much of the earlier levels (you don't get swarmed as much), but swarms are the name of the game later on.
    Well, no, I don't "want" to hear it - it's a flaw in the game if you can cruise through 80-90% of it solo and then suddenly hit an impassable wall that requires you to tear your character to pieces - but I do understand that's obviously what it is. I didn't fully realise how the bubble worked while I was there: I had my suspicions, but I was too busy being frustrated given I was dying every time in about two seconds to be able to think straight, so I never got around to actually seeing if I was able to do anything to him up close. Then I realised I'd forgotten to drop a portal on the last trip and I couldn't take the tedium of walking back up through that tower all over again (at least not right now).

    I'm not at all opposed to the idea you can't get past a certain point in the game, or least not easily, until you've mastered a certain aspect of the gameplay. (I do fully accept that a build can become useless on even the next difficulty up, too.) But that point shouldn't be right before the final boss and it shouldn't require you to do something you've never had to pay any attention to before. The only point I began to have any real difficulty was towards the end of Act 3, in the Ebony Barracks - those spellcasters - and I mostly got around that by swapping my skills/my gems around a bit. The thought of re-speccing simply never crossed my mind - I've only got six refund points anyway and I'm certainly not grinding for more. I'd rather start a new character.

    And I know you can mitigate some of the effect if you can dispel bleeding. Unfortunately I only ever saw one flask that did that in more than twenty hours of play, it was fairly early on and I just thought "What do I need this for? Virtually no enemies are inflicting that and my whole play style - which seems to be working fairly well - is geared around killing them before they get anywhere near me". You do not punish the player for that kind of decision by making it so they can't complete the damn game. And yes, I tried to make one - burnt through about sixty of those orbs that re-roll an item's powers, with no luck. And no, I'm not farming for any more. See above.

    I like PoE a lot, but the silly "Oh, it's all on you, you didn't pay attention to X, Y and Z" mentality so many people adopt over these games is ridiculous. One reason the genre remains stuck in a damn timewarp/perpetually at AA-level at best, without a major marketing push (i.e. Diablo). It's exactly the same kind of thinking that sank vertical shooters, run'n'gunners et al; developers got too caught up in trying to please a hardcore fanbase who only play on SUPER MAXIMUM ULTRA HARDCORE difficulty and can't understand some people would kinda like something a little easier to start off with, thanks. Torchlight II on Normal isn't dull solely because it's too easy - it's dull because it's a boring game.
    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 09-02-2014 at 11:14 PM.

  18. #19678
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    Well, no, I don't "want" to hear it - it's a flaw in the game if you can cruise through 80-90% of it solo and then suddenly hit an impassable wall that requires you to tear your character to pieces - but I do understand that's obviously what it is. I didn't fully realise how the bubble worked while I was there: I had my suspicions, but I was too busy being frustrated given I was dying every time in about two seconds to be able to think straight, so I never got around to actually seeing if I was able to do anything to him up close. Then I realised I'd forgotten to drop a portal on the last trip and I couldn't take the tedium of walking back up through that tower all over again (at least not right now).
    Except you didn't cruise through 80-90% of it. You cruised through about 24% (there are four difficulty settings, right?). And when you got to the boss meant to mark your ascent to the next difficulty setting, you ran into problems because your tactics were bad and your build is very weak. Would you rather they make the boss super easy and then have you get frustrated when you wash up on the beach again about five minutes later?

    I'm not at all opposed to the idea you can't get past a certain point in the game, or least not easily, until you've mastered a certain aspect of the gameplay. But that point shouldn't be right before the final boss and it shouldn't require you to do something you've never had to pay any attention to before. The only point I began to have any real difficulty was towards the end of Act 3, in the Ebony Barracks - those spellcasters - and I mostly got around that by swapping my skills/my gems around a bit. The thought of re-speccing simply never crossed my mind - I've only got six refund points anyway and I'm certainly not grinding for more. I'd rather start a new character.
    So you were willing to swap your skills and gems around there, but not now?

    And perfect: Start a new character. That is how PoE works. You fuck up your first few characters until you learn the game, and THEN you can make the super shiny builds that will take you to endgame.

    And I know you can mitigate some of the effect if you can dispel bleeding. Unfortunately I only ever saw one flask that did that in more than twenty hours of play, it was fairly early on and I just thought "What do I need this for? Virtually no enemies are inflicting that and my whole play style - which seems to be working fairly well - is geared around killing them before they get anywhere near me". You do not punish the player for that kind of decision by making it so they can't complete the damn game. And yes, I tried to make one - burnt through about sixty of those orbs that re-roll an item's powers, with no luck. And no, I'm not farming for any more. See above.
    Again, the PoE style is to have a pretty big shared stash full of useful gear. If you see something useful, you grab it. Maybe it will be useful for this character, maybe for the next.

    I like PoE a lot, but the silly "Oh, it's all on you, you didn't pay attention to X, Y and Z" mentality so many people adopt over these games is ridiculous. One reason the genre remains stuck in a damn timewarp/perpetually at AA-level at best, without a major marketing push (i.e. Diablo). It's exactly the same kind of thinking that sank vertical shooters, run'n'gunners et al; developers got too caught up in trying to please a hardcore fanbase who only play on SUPER MAXIMUM ULTRA HARDCORE difficulty and can't understand some people would kinda like something a little easier to start off with, thanks. Torchlight II on Normal isn't dull solely because it's too easy - it's dull because it's a boring game.
    Honestly, PoE is actually pretty easy, at least out to late second difficulty setting. Where the "hardcore" stuff comes in is if you want to do races or endgame maps.

    What it isn't is a super easy game that will let anyone do anything without understanding the game. My first few characters were glass cannons and they got sodomized. Now I understand: Have a lot of health (or have some energy shield gear stashed away). My first Ranger was probably a lot like you: He was built around taking enemies out before they got close to me. And then I started getting swarmed and realized I would need to always have some form of spell to handle close range swarms (on a melee character, that is leap slam or dual strike with multistrike, etc).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  19. #19679
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    129
    Ah, good old Dominus - I think my initial impression back when he was introduced where somewhat similar, but in the end he's really more of a mechanics based boss, like vaal for example, than a 'buildcheck'. The only kind of build that he (harshly) punishes are glass cannons without any form of sustain like life on hit and that's something that simply doesn't work in path of exile either way - I've played path of exile on and off since closed beta and probably played 10+ different hardcore/onslaught/nemesis characters up untill merciless and based on that i'd say that the only mistake one can make when it comes to builds in general is to neglect health/shield or a healthy dose of sustain.

    Either way, once you figure out his phases you usually don't even need bleed removal since you're completely immune to that as soon as you step into his bubble - and getting close to him at that point shouldn't be too problematic since he doesn't hit very hard in that form.

    And back to Dark Souls: Thanks for mentioning the painted world! Managed to find my way into it yesterday and probably would have missed it entirely if it wasn't for those comments - A great zone, indeed. Other than that i managed to cross both Nito and Seath off of my to-do list today (yeah, the crystal caves took a while...) and might have to abandon my no-wiki approach at this point, since i still have no real idea where to actually find the "dlc" content, despite playing as thoroughly as possible - So far i only have a hunch that the somewhat random pendant from the archives has something to do with it, so i'll probably do another broad sweep before i resort to that.

  20. #19680
    Network Hub TheDreamlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Procrastination Giant View Post
    And back to Dark Souls: Thanks for mentioning the painted world! Managed to find my way into it yesterday and probably would have missed it entirely if it wasn't for those comments - A great zone, indeed. Other than that i managed to cross both Nito and Seath off of my to-do list today (yeah, the crystal caves took a while...) and might have to abandon my no-wiki approach at this point, since i still have no real idea where to actually find the "dlc" content, despite playing as thoroughly as possible - So far i only have a hunch that the somewhat random pendant from the archives has something to do with it, so i'll probably do another broad sweep before i resort to that.
    You are very much on the right track! Here is a hint: hydra

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •