Page 996 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 496896946986994995996997998100610461096 ... LastLast
Results 19,901 to 19,920 of 25146
    Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    DayZ standalone alpha

Did they make ammo more easily available? I found plenty of pistol ammo but no guns.
    Same problem here, can't find any good weapon. At least I make some bandits happy, it's something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm dipping back into Planetside 2 for the first time in a while. I never played it very much back then, but I can see both why I keep it installed and also why I don't play all that much. As a spectacle, it's amazing. Big battles look stunning, and are glorious to be a part of. The sound design is incredible. As a player experience, though, it's messy and confusing, and the way the firearms feel doesn't quite click with me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    i got achievement in mafia 2. it required me to travel above 125 mph. I got it when a bug caused me to fall through the ground....
    game is fun right now but this is second time i encountered this bug. and previous one was repeatable. hopefully i can just drive around the area but if it happens again for example in an apartment ill be pissed. fall through word is one of the oldest bugs in games and should be one of the basic things to work.
    no wonder that game was given away for free.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    i got achievement in mafia 2. it required me to travel above 125 mph. I got it when a bug caused me to fall through the ground....
    game is fun right now but this is second time i encountered this bug. and previous one was repeatable. hopefully i can just drive around the area but if it happens again for example in an apartment ill be pissed. fall through word is one of the oldest bugs in games and should be one of the basic things to work.
    no wonder that game was given away for free.
    Eh, still doesn't live up to the first, pre-patch release of The Saboteur on PC, where you could drive faster than the graphics engine could load in the terrain ahead of you. Not so much a bug as a crippling flaw in the game. I used to accelerate a little way up the road and watch all the AI civilian cars go tumbling merrily into the void where the tarmac didn't exist yet, I found it hilarious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    Eh, still doesn't live up to the first, pre-patch release of The Saboteur on PC, where you could drive faster than the graphics engine could load in the terrain ahead of you. Not so much a bug as a crippling flaw in the game. I used to accelerate a little way up the road and watch all the AI civilian cars go tumbling merrily into the void where the tarmac didn't exist yet, I found it hilarious.
    hah.
    was that game any good btw?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    hah.
    was that game any good btw?
    Define "good". I found the enemy AI laughably weak and the story mediocre at best (not much more to it than "Oi'm an Oirishman, oi aaaahm, an' oi loik tits an' booze an' gettin' in foights! Drink! Feck! Arse! Bloody Nazis" etc., etc.). The biggest flaw for me with the whole business of liberating the city was that I found the black and white looked much more eye-catching and evocative. Once you kicked out the Nazis and turned everything to colour it just started looking much more like your average GTA knockoff.

On the other hand, the black and white did look really good, IMO, there was a lot of stuff to do, and I found the exploration was much more like a sort of clumsier Assassin's Creed than I expected - I enjoyed scrambling around buildings trying to find alternate angles of attack, track down collectibles etc., even with the glitches and the dumb videogame-y moments. I'd say it was worth picking up for cheap if you think you might want an open-world action game that at least tries to do something different and you've got a lot of tolerance for something that's rough around the edges (I've no idea how many, if any of the bugs got fixed, tbh). But if you hate that sort of game and you don't like putting up with bugs then stay well away.

Network Hub
    Insurgency is quite a lot of fun really. The weapon handling is very tight and it sounds great. Runs really well too; unsurprisingly as it's a Source Engine game and as such would probably run on this tablet I'm writing this on. Strangely, for an entirely competitive MP focussed game, I'm enjoying the Co-op the most. It reminds me a lot of Rainbow 6 Vegas' Terrorist Hunt mode which I spent hundreds of hours with.

Also played a little more Mark of the Ninja​​. Still a great game, still enjoying ghosting every mission, still need to bloody finish it.

Lastly a bit of Wargame ALB with Nullkigan and pund. Great game, too bad I'm absolute shit at it. But I just don't have the time to commit to getting good at any game especially not one as deep as ALB. I'll still buy Red Dragon and be shit at that too though just because I really like what Eugen do and how they do it.

About the LoTR conversation some days ago: Yes, they are great movies, there's no doubt about it. But they are probably the worst adaptations I've ever seen, too. (I should point out that I'm really exigent, but still... >.<)

Anyway, I'm currently playing some Monaco and Dust thanks to the new Humble. I already finished Antichamber (I've got some puzzles left, and I hope to complete them eventually) and I'm pretty far into The Swapper.

So... Antichamber was great. A short experience, but amazing. The puzzles are compelling, the texts are hearth warming, it looks beautiful, it has a really useful quick travel system... And it really messed with my brain. I'll go back soon to give another try to the missing puzzles.

Monaco is not that compelling, maybe, but it's really good for short bursts of entertainment. I still have to try it with friends, as I guess planning everything perfectly and then achieving it has to feel really good, but it's still nice with random internet people.

I still haven't finished The Swapper, but I'm pretty far into it. The story is well told and quite intriguing, and the puzzles, even if they use simple rules, are just hard enough. They are not obvious, and usually not easy, but they can still be solved thinking for a while.

About Dust, I've only started it, but... It's just adorable. The characters, the background... It catches me. And the combat, while simple (for the moment), feels great.

Obscure Node
    Borderlands 2, World of Tanks, Civ V, Tropico IV. Maybe some Guild Wars 2 and Ace of Spades again, too.

And the latest DLC of Unity of Command.

Would like a good sim of Waterloo for the PC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Much more DayZ.

Not that I didn't know but finally I got a weapon and still I felt like a victim. I even killed a guy who was obviously not friendly. Still felt like a prey. SKS didn't help. A victim is a victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Went back to Torchlight 2 after I got fed up with a disgusting losing streak in Dota 2. I reached level 41 in the Rot Gardens (?) where I'm VERY close to get myself a nice Sledgebot for the first time. Playing Engineer just got better in this game with robots! Now just to make him nigh invulnerable....
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Network Hub
    Started on Thief today; I made it through the first mission and while I'm still getting used to the mechanics I'm having a fun (and nerve-racking) time with it. Now I've been tasked with making my way into through a mine full of monsters so...that should be interesting.

Picked up Anno 2070 during the ubisoft sale. I've been playing through the campaign to learn the game. The game is awesome even though the campaign is a bit lacking. Looking forward to trying out continuous mode.

What difficulty is best for a newbie in Anno 2070 continous mode? Easy or normal? I don't want to be overwhelmed and lose control over the islands due to not being aggressive enough...

Aura Kingdom

Battlefield 4

Finished Shadow warrior, the reboot. The ending was surprising and poetic. Some of the later fights were quite tough with big waves of enemies. My biggest complain is that you sometimes die while looking for hidden paths just because the devs choosed to make some invisible killing walls. you are not supposed to jump over this rock. You Die. You are not supposed to go under this curtain. You Die . Etc ...

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

I'm trying to wrap up AssFlag but I keep sailing past treasure chests on islands and it's hard to pass them up. I'm on 85% completion, which is probably higher than I've ever gotten for this kind of thing, but I do kind of want it to end so I can move on to something else.

Other than that, I just finished Persona 4 on my Vita, and have moved on to Lone Survivor, which is already far too scary for playing on the bus on the way to work in the morning.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    Other than that, I just finished Persona 4 on my Vita.
    Considering that you finished it I can already imagine the answer, but, what was your opinion of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Considering that you finished it I can already imagine the answer, but, what was your opinion of the game?
    Do you really have to ask ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Given that it was pretty much the reason I got a Vita, my answer is probably predictable...

I thought it was great, though the endgame was a bit weird because I'd pretty much done everything plot-related with a couple of months remaining (I did not go for the True Ending™), so just tooled around a bit at the end trying to max some social links. I'm not sure whether I preferred it to P3 though -- I seemed to spend a lot more time on social stuff and less on dungeon exploration than in P3, and I like the dungeon exploration in these games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Playing some EUIV as Norway. The game conspires to vex me. I broke away from Denmark, and on the very day they allied with Utrecht. Not exactly a powerhouse, but I was only swinging the blockade to stop them crossing by a province or two. Then I make some claims on Scotland, because why not. Same deal, except they allied with Novgorod. To cap that off, Denmark manages to lose an easy war against the livonian order, loses its union on sweden, gets forced to cancel its alliance on me, England sells me out as an ally and Sweden invades all my things.

Ha ha ha.