Duplicate comment detected on failed posts

So it goes like this. You read an article, and want to post a comment. You spend 15-20 minutes writing a nice, lengthy, well deliberated response, and click to send it. The page reloads and you're brought back to the comments thread, but your post is missing. Assuming its probably a technical fault, you wait half an hour or so before returning. Nope, your post still hasnt appeared. Thankfully you had the foresight to save your post (or use a handy browser add-on to remember it) and you try to send it again.

"Duplicate comment detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!"

The result - that comment is now essentially unpostable.

I've experienced this occasionally but have noticed it becoming slightly more frequent as of late, and have lost a number of comments as a consequence. Does this happen often to anyone else?
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If your post doesn't appear, it almost always means it has been flagged as spam.
    It may or may not get rescued at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    If your post doesn't appear, it almost always means it has been flagged as spam.
    It may or may not get rescued at a later date.
    I see. And do you know the criteria for this spam detection so that I might avoid it in future?
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    I'm almost certain that posting multiple links gets it automatically flagged (even if the links are all relevant and/or interesting) but other than that I'm not sure.

Obviously it's also the sort of thing that the mods may not want to share - knowing the exact triggers could make it easier for the spammers in the future.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...