Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well thats the last 40 minutes sorted, so what about the other 60 hours of crap writing?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    Why did thousands of people complain about Mass Effect 3's ending instead of Mass Effect 3's gameplay?
    Just Mass Effect 3's gameplay? I thought the gameplay was equally as bad for all of them

Activated Node
    2012 is shaping up to be the year when gamers start to play a more active and decisive role in the whole industry, for better and worse. I'd count Kickstarter on the plus side and the massive entitlement culture surrounding ME3 on the negative. Now Bioware have apparently given the latter its implicit approval (as if a powerful sense of being eternally justified and clearly right about everything was something the "enders" lacked...).

Network Hub
    This just sounds like it's going to backfire. Bioware apparently hopes this compromise will satisfy those who hate the ending while avoiding angering those offended by the concept of changing it on fans' demand. But I fear it's not going to be enough to satiate the former, while still being too much of a change for the latter. End result, everybody's pissed.

Kaching kaching!

Lesser Hivemind Node Drinking with Skeletons's Avatar
    No one liked the ending to Fallout 3, so Bethesda changed it. Everyone was happier for it.

New Vegas had a similar ending to Fallout 3--in the sense the game had a defined stopping point--and no one complained.

Few people liked the short Act III in the Witcher 2, and they're adding more content that sounds like it will flesh out the end of the game. Everyone is excited.

Not sure what kind of point I'm trying to make, but I think we should judge revisions and endings on a case-by-case basis, and only after they've actually been implemented.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    I don't know if I agree. I think they changed the ending to Fallout 3 to accommodate DLC, not to satisfy fans.

@ Drinking with Skeletons

With Fallout 3 the big point of contention was that the wide open sandbox suddenly slammed shut often when the player was only half finished. I know I finished the main quest very quickly and felt jipped that the dozen quests I was half way through suddenly vanished from my journal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Why did thousands of people complain about Mass Effect 3's ending instead of Mass Effect 3's gameplay?
    Because they liked it?

nuh? Ill just wait for this extended version to do another play through. MY MISSION: To SAVE Commander SHEPARD.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Quote Originally Posted by Bhazor View Post
    Well thats the last 40 minutes sorted, so what about the other 60 hours of crap writing?
    Thats just bioware standard storytelling.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Because they liked it?
    I'm sure some people liked Mass Effect 3's ending.

Network Hub
    I'm happy to wait and see what they come up with. I think they made a mistake by refusing to consider alternative endings, but perhaps their clarification will be satisfactory.

They scored one victory already though. They've restored BSN forums back to their usual state of multiple flame wars, as the retake coalition falls apart.

Network Hub
    I'm sure some people liked Mass Effect 3's ending.
    Obviously more people liked the gameplay than the ending then. I never understand what the point of your cryptic ninja comment style is. You ask easily answerable questions as if it will lead us to the inevitable conclusion that modern RPGs are shit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandon Arc View Post
    Obviously more people liked the gameplay than the ending then. I never understand what the point of your cryptic ninja comment style is. You ask easily answerable questions as if it will lead us to the inevitable conclusion that modern RPGs are shit.
    We aren't talking about RPGs... Why bring them up?

Plus, there's actually a meaning behind my last two posts relating to changing something that's already been released.