Obscure Node

DarkForge is excited to announce. . .

Nekro, a dark, twisted action game on Kickstarter.com. Nekro is a game about summoning evil minions and conquering empires in a randomly-generated world. Through Kickstarter.com, darkForge is hoping to raise $100,000.00 to aid in the production of the game.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/343838885/nekro
    Last edited by DarkForge; 06-04-2012 at 09:17 AM.

links broken but looks interesting (I assume this is it?) Although I didn't really understand what it would play like from your description. Im getting a sacrifice meets myth vibe? You probably need a little less market-speak and a little more actual mechanics info.
    Last edited by Vathek; 06-04-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Obscure Node
    Fixed link thanks for the heads up

Network Hub
    Pleasantly surprised to see some actual in-game shots and art assets, as I was expecting another one with just a few bits of ropey concept art and a lot of vague ideas. However, the part where you trip-up is:

WHO IS DARKFORGE?

DarkForge is a group of industry vets hailing from studios such as Blizzard, Sony, Microsoft and more. We have many years of experience creating quality games for both ourselves and large AAA studios. We have the knowledge, talent and drive to bring you this game and we will stop at nothing to make it happen. All we need is you!
    If you're not a well-established and well-known studio then please have the decency to tell me who you are before you ask me for money. Saying you are "industry vets" only makes me think you're hiding your lack of experience behind the fact that you once worked for a big company, if you really are a "vet" then you can tell me your names, what games you worked on and in what capacity, if you're comfortable asking me for money then you should be comfortable giving me this information.

Thought I'd chime in to mirror what Mistabashi has already wrote, despite your claims you appear to be an 'unknown', especially compared to the high profile some other project leaders have.

Although I'd admit, I was very tempted to donate as soon as I saw the pooping pig, I'm very easily amused :D

Really do like the look of this, reminds me of Overlord and the art style seems great - but I'd like to know a little more about the overall goals of the game and if there is any character advancement beyond item collecting.

Whether I'd throw my chips into the pot or not, I wish you guys the best, certainly looks promising.
    Last edited by Mbaya; 07-04-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    Virtual Organ Doner - "It's better to gib, than to receive."
    .: Steam :: Screenshots :: Steam Beautiful Screenshots Group :.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Witcher? I had to double check that I heard that right.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

​This definitely looks like a game!

Needs more Dungeon Keeper, less action.