Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Network Hub
    I had the last game on console but I will be buying the PC edition of this.

Watch the port be really bad technically, causing everyone to get upset and leaving Namco completely confused.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Today started as a shitty day, as I had to rush over to work due to some issue with our shitty virtual machines; still sitting on my ass as I type.

But now, I no longer care.

My epitaph is prepared. My will, done. I have no pending businesses to hold my soul back.

I stand ready to die.

I can't help but feel like a child, kicking and stamping my feet until I get what I want. But now I have what I want I don't care.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://gamingbolt.com/dark-souls-pre...o-pc-in-august

There we have it. Dark Souls is finally confirmed for the PC. The front cover of PC Action magazine [May Issue] has confirmed the existence of a PC version of Dark Souls. It’s called “Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition”, and it will be released this August.
    There’s a preview in the magazine as well where they talk about the graphics and other technical things.There are new bosses as well in the PC version, and that should be [probably] enough of an incentive for people to buy it, along with the superior graphics of course.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If I were any good at videogames, I'd be excited about this.
    (Well, I'd have already bought it on PS3 but same difference)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    PC Gamers are advised to punch the air to the tune of 'Don't You Forget About Me.'

I just started playing Demon Souls two weeks ago and it's the first videogame in two years that's got me totally engaged and that I actually feel compelled to play. Hard fought victory can be a drug...sort of the antithesis of how Amalur made me feel which was the mental equivalent of having eaten too much candy. 3 hours with that game was 3 hours too many.

The clerk at gamestop felt the need to warn me about DS as I was buying it and gave me a 'I hope you know what your buying because I really don't want to have to deal with anymore complaints about these games' kind of look.

Demon Soul's game design is brilliant: actions with consequences because no quicksaves, no difficulty slider, 98% of time ingame is spent actually playing the game, no checkpoints, & it actually benefits you to RTFM. I do unplug my PS3 from the internet though as the online/multiplayer stuff is pretty annoying to me. I wonder what kind of game could be made with a Mass Effect 3 budget using these game design principles. Because while I love DS, it is definitely not a big budget game.

I cannot believe I am actually considering pre-ording Dark Souls, hell I might even splurge on the CE.
    Last edited by Namdrol; 07-04-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Oh, fuck me. Bamco's actually considering to port Dark Souls into the PC? ACE

Hopefully, playing on mouse and keyboard would be just as good as the gamepad; maybe better

"And those same people who petitioned for it to come to the PC will now pirate it."
    Not my words, but probably true, sadly enough. I'm going to hold out on any real excitement, until we see the state of the Port, and what DRM shenanigans will be put in place. Also, I can't help but feel that we should have had this, on PC, last October when it came out for consoles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Network Hub
    They better not fuck this up as a port

Great! Will pirate day one.

Just kidding. Hope they do a good port.

Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    Not my words, but probably true, sadly enough. I'm going to hold out on any real excitement, until we see the state of the Port, and what DRM shenanigans will be put in place. Also, I can't help but feel that we should have had this, on PC, last October when it came out for consoles.
    Bamco probably didn't know there would be a market for this game on the PC, despite the success of sales from other games via digital distros. But, yeah. They should've done it back in October after the success from the dev's previous game.

I'll get the Collecter's Edition after RPS' review.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I think there's going to be one edition only, the one they're calling the 'Prepare to Die' edition.

Even better!

Does anyone think this will have Steamworks/be on Steam?

I hope it's at a discounted price. I've rented Dark Souls three times for my brother's Xbox and there's only so much I can comfortably invest in this game.

As long as they don't fuck the port up or charge $60.00 I'm in.

Demon's Souls was rather excellent but turned into a slideshow whenever you broke a barrel, cast certain spells or moved the camera too quickly. Hopefully Dark Souls won't have any of these issues on the PC.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    What's the dirt on Demon's Souls vs. Dark Souls?
    steam