Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    We are meeting right now in Steam group chat if anybody reads this by chance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I am late, UGH! Anyway, pretty much what I said before. Playtimes Mon-Thurs from 9 BST.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I think there are still some slots left for a second group if you would like to join in.
    That's very generous of you, but here on the East coast of the US, 8pm in Great Britain is about 3pm my time, and my employer might take a dim view of my participation ;-)

Maybe when I retire in a few years. I wonder if this sort of thing might encourage the game designers to start making these again, maybe designed for this (coop not MMO). Seems like something like Skyrim would be a natural, though Skyrim isn't really quite the same kind of RPG.

Activated Node
    Wolfenswan my game just crashed, I'll try the link you sent me and join you tomorrow 7pm GMT. OK?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Sorry dudes, it was my birthday today and people were trying to get past my laser defence grid to see me, when will they learn its the kind of lasers that burn, not the kind that set of alarms?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Summary: 2 parties, you are in party A. Setup gameranger, setup mumble, set the game to windowed by default because it crashes fullscreen. Roll whatever you feel like.

Oh, another thing. It's not exactly viable to have more than one wizard in a party. There are simply not enough duplicate scrolls to sustain two or more wizards. All other spellcasters are fine as they get their fix whenever they level up.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Oh, another thing. It's not exactly viable to have more than one wizard in a party. There are simply not enough duplicate scrolls to sustain two or more wizards. All other spellcasters are fine as they get their fix whenever they level up.
    Is this specifically an IWD 2 thing? I often have 2 wizards in the other infinity engine games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Is this specifically an IWD 2 thing? I often have 2 wizards in the other infinity engine games.
    Dunno, bards in IWD1 have to learn from scrolls as well and he didn't get the same spells as my wizard or much later. There aren't a lot of shops in IWD2 and loot is somewhat randomized so if you don't have a scroll you won't get a duplicate anytime soon. Also, you can still fail to learn a spell, vaporizing the scroll in the process.
    In other words, I just pre-created my character, so it's for Team B the roster is:

Kelron - Rogue (probably multiclassing into something fightier later on)
    Labbes - Cleric (of?)
    Pakoito - Cleric (of?)
    Orentes - Monk
    Anthile - Wizard

Looks solid to me and I believe we have everything covered. Five instead of six people means more XP for everyone.
    Last edited by Anthile; 09-05-2012 at 03:31 AM.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Team B is
    Wolfenswan-Monk/druid
    Squirrlefanatic-Sorcerer
    Choca-Bard
    Heliocentric- Cleric(of?)
    The Doge- Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Another issue for wizards is that you will get most scrolls later than you should, meaning that you might get the ability to cast level 5 spells before you even have a level 5 spell in your spellbook. That's one of the reasons why most people like sorcerers better as pure arcane spellcaster and tend to multi-class wizards early.

As for our many clerics, remember that evil clerics can't cast spontaneous heals :D
    Last edited by Choca; 09-05-2012 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    As for our many clerics, remember that evil clerics can't cast spontaneous heals :D
    Were spontaneous heals conversions of other spells your character has prepared for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Sorry dudes, it was my birthday today and people were trying to get past my laser defence grid to see me, when will they learn its the kind of lasers that burn, not the kind that set of alarms?
    Happy Birthday Helio! As a present you have been forcefully put into the evil/morally flexible group.

A general remark for my group: The plan for my character is to mainly dish out damage, there won't be many utility spells or summons in my repertoire. As a Sorcerer, I have a pretty limited amount of spells in my spellbook and can't adapt on the fly by learning from scrolls. I hope the Bard can take care of identifying stuff.
    Last edited by Squiz; 09-05-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Were spontaneous heals conversions of other spells your character has prepared for the day?
    Shift-Clicking spells with a Cleric allows you to cast a healing spell of the same level... except for evil Clerics because they get (mostly useless) Inflict spells instead.

Ah yes, that was how it worked. This means that Clerics never need to memorize healing spells in the first place, right?

I did not even knew that existed for D&D3. So you can change as many spells as you want?

That's amazing. Cleric spells are so much fun, it would have been such a waste to use all slots for heal.
    Edit: Did we make a time for this evening? I'll probably be available ~7pm CET because I still have to install the game and stuff.
    Last edited by Labbes; 09-05-2012 at 02:15 PM.

I was planning for 8pm CET, I am missing UEFA's finals just for this so it'd better be fun lol

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I thought we were planning to start at 8PM BST, or 9 CET, as it says in the first post. I can try and be ready earlier if that's too late for you dirty europeans, but no guarantees.

Good, that leaves me lots of time to get the game running.

Somebody is going to want to kill me buuuuuuuuuut do you mind if I skip this first one for football? Low levels are easy anyway and you know my chara stats :/