Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to join in either because I have the worst wifi stick ever and if I start IWD2, my internet stops. Same thing happens with 80% of games, unfortunately.
    Anyway! I made a characer and uploaded him to here: http://www.2shared.com/file/OvE6BUHM/Characters.html
    It would be nice if someone could give me some feedback, I figured that since group B doesn't have a dedicated mage, it might make sense to dualclass to illusionist. Not sure if that's a good idea though. I'll be in gameranger if someone is willing to help me not make a gimped character :)
    Edit: Also I don't have lots of charisma because I figured pakoito would do the undead turning. And in the game.

Labbes, I don't think you need that much INT on your character, but maybe this is something you chose on purpose. Maybe put those points into STR or CON for a better melee... experience? :)
    Forum janitor in training.

I'd need that INT when going for dualclass illusionist, but I'm not sure of how much use that is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    You could dualclass wild elf cleric/sorcerer and save the Int.

Could you post here next time you are going live? That would be much appreciated :)
    Edit: I'll try some other character builds tomorrow, if my cable arrives (so my internet doesn't crash and burn all. the. time.).
    Last edited by Labbes; 09-05-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    Could you post here next time you are going live? That would be much appreciated :)
    I'll try, Xsplit sure doesn't like Infinity Engine games though so I don't know if everything will work.

Also it seems everyone's voice is on my videos except mine, which is strange, maybe I'll have to loop it back into my headset or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    You got that on tape?!?

hey sorry I missed today's run guys I got a last minute interview with a grocer but if anyone else missed today I'll play ctach up with them or I'll lvl my char to match your guy's lvls as I'm free the rest of the week

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I don't want to exclude people, but I think it's going to be a pain if we're trying to cheat characters up to speed and switching players in and out. Wouldn't it be better if the people who missed today's session organise a 2nd group? We were going to do that but there were only 6 of us in the end.

Even if we didn't do very much in our first session, it was great fun to run around like headless chicken trying to figure out how things work. Next time we'll probably (and hopefully) have less technical difficulties and can spend more time playing the game. I'm looking forward to the next awkward magical mishap.

Edit: Wolfenswan, could you please put a link to the spreadsheet in the first post? That would be convenient. Thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Edit: Wolfenswan, could you please put a link to the spreadsheet in the first post? That would be convenient. Thanks!
    Done.

That was good fun, let's just hope the area transition was a temporary issue. I don't recall if entering that area triggers a new chapter introduction or something; maybe we have to alt+window again or something silly.

You just move on to the town, there is no chapter introduction or dialogue. A weird issue, and pretty a critical one as well.
    Last edited by Squiz; 10-05-2012 at 01:58 PM.

If anyone cares to watch our entire wednesday night run

Somehow my voice didn't get recorded, I'll have to work on that next time.

Before I forget about it, to whomever played the sorcerer last time: I strongly advise against choosing the lower level summons. Unlike Animate Dead and some other spells, they don't scale at all and so you end up with spells that don't do anything at higher levels. Better get stuff with lasting value such as magic missile, shield, chromatic orb, etc.

Also, I suggest that we are having our next session this Sunday. Any objections or alternative dates?
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Before I forget about it, to whomever played the sorcerer last time: I strongly advise against choosing the lower level summons. Unlike Animate Dead and some other spells, they don't scale at all and so you end up with spells that don't do anything at higher levels. Better get stuff with lasting value such as magic missile, shield, chromatic orb, etc.
    I was a cleric who kept summoning stupid crap like dogs.
    Maybe it was me you mean?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

The Sorcerer was me, but I didn't summon anything or anyone. At the moment I've got exactly two spells in my spellbook/sorce-book(?), Magic Missile (ask the Halfling) and Ray of Enfeeblement. Thanks for the hint, I'll stay away from summons, if nothing else because summons don't go "BOOM" when they hit someone. :)

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    The Sorcerer was me, but I didn't summon anything or anyone. At the moment I've got exactly two spells in my spellbook/sorce-book(?), Magic Missile (ask the Halfling) and Ray of Enfeeblement. Thanks for the hint, I'll stay away from summons, if nothing else because summons don't go "BOOM" when they hit someone. :)
    Yeah Sorcerers are better off as bombardiers anyway because of the way they get their spells.

Wizards or Clerics should take care of summons since they can get rid of the spell once it becomes useless. Only exceptions are the ones that creates more powerful creatures as you level like Animate Dead or the various Shadow summons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Also, I suggest that we are having our next session this Sunday. Any objections or alternative dates?
    Sunday would be fine for me.

Sunday is possible, the D3 servers are going to be overcrowded anyway.
    I now have a cable connecting my laptop to the interwebs, so I can start IWD without my connection timing out. Yay!