Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Sunday's good for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I don't mind missing Arma and playing Sunday evening, but I can't do daytime.

I'm good for sunday too as long as we plan ahead because I left my headset at work and will have to get back there (which should take about ten minutes or something) in order to play :o

Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    I'm good for sunday too as long as we plan ahead because I left my headset at work and will have to get back there (which should take about ten minutes or something) in order to play :o
    What can I say, I'll be there. 8pm CET sounds good?

I can't make it past 8.30 or maybe 9.30 CET but I don't mind if someone takes my place (either with my character or his own).

Here's the autosave btw:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27432883/000000000-Auto-Save.7z
    (goes in mpsave in your IWD2 directory and replaces any existing autosave)

7pm CET would also be very doable for me, maybe even better.

Sorry for the double-post. It looks like we won't be enough people for a session tonight, so maybe we can plan ahead for next week. Especially since D3 is coming out...

I doodled something up so maybe we can get together this week: http://www.doodle.com/kazrtmygeyf7hp43
    It's possible to list multiple days.

Edit: I just realized that not everyone might know what doodle is; it's basically a calendar-poll. You don't need to make an account, download anything or give out any personal information.
    Last edited by Labbes; 14-05-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Could someone post a report of how your session went?

Like what issues you had and how you solved them and what each participant had to do in order to participate? And a report of how the game went as well. I'm interested in this idea and I'm trying to judge vicariously how practical it might be for myself and a few of my stateside friends. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by carbon_dragon View Post
    Like what issues you had and how you solved them and what each participant had to do in order to participate? And a report of how the game went as well. I'm interested in this idea and I'm trying to judge vicariously how practical it might be for myself and a few of my stateside friends. Thanks.
    We'll surely post a report when we had our next session. Right now, our first session went surprisingly well. Gameranger allows for a relatively painless setup (even although I got a NAT router warning, I had no problems connecting). Just make sure you run the game in windowed mode on startup, else it will crash. Surprisingly, our game got stuck on the first area transition (from the harbour to the town) - the loading screen simply wouldn't go away, although everyone in the party had full progress bars. Hopefully, this will solve itself somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    We'll surely post a report when we had our next session. Right now, our first session went surprisingly well. Gameranger allows for a relatively painless setup (even although I got a NAT router warning, I had no problems connecting). Just make sure you run the game in windowed mode on startup, else it will crash. Surprisingly, our game got stuck on the first area transition (from the harbour to the town) - the loading screen simply wouldn't go away, although everyone in the party had full progress bars. Hopefully, this will solve itself somehow.
    I've been watching a guy named kikoskia on YouTube play Icewind Dale (1 I think) and the combat seems pretty frenetic when he's being mobbed. Looks fun but tough. I can see how multiple players each controlling a different characters would be interesting. Temple of Elemental Evil is nothing like that, there's no real time mode really. I can see how that would be hard to adapt for coop where Icewind Dale would be easier. Too bad you can't record your session.

Too bad you can't record your session.
    We can, I think the doge even streamed it. Generally I think with a group of friends or old acquaintances this game could be ace as you could communicate the where&when much more easily. As squirrel set, Gamerange makes it rather easy to get a game going, the old important bits are who picks which class and how to handle the dialogue and pausing.

That having said, I'll be gone until monday but you should def. have enough people now for 1 or even 2 parties.

Any chance I could find it on youTube?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    We can, I think the doge even streamed it. Generally I think with a group of friends or old acquaintances this game could be ace as you could communicate the where&when much more easily. As squirrel set, Gamerange makes it rather easy to get a game going, the old important bits are who picks which class and how to handle the dialogue and pausing.

That having said, I'll be gone until monday but you should def. have enough people now for 1 or even 2 parties.
    no I was off at an interview for the first play I belive it was chocoa who filmed and posted it on his stream page a few posts up

Quote Originally Posted by carbon_dragon View Post
    Any chance I could find it on youTube?

My recording of it can be found there : http://www.twitch.tv/akwartz/b/317658805

There is only a 7 second video that might be Icewind Dale. Then there is a streets of rage video.

Guys, please have a look at the Doodle calendar Labbes put up (http://www.doodle.com/kazrtmygeyf7hp43) and tell us when you've got time. I'd like to keep this running.

Just so you guys know, I won't be available for a very long time due to personnal health issues that just decided to pop up. So you can go ahead and remove my character from the party if you wish because I have no idea when I'll be able to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    Just so you guys know, I won't be available for a very long time due to personnal health issues that just decided to pop up. So you can go ahead and remove my character from the party if you wish because I have no idea when I'll be able to play again.
    I'm sorry to hear/read that. Hope you'll get well soon.

So, how are we going to handle tonight? The doodle calendar tells me that there are four people available. When would be a good time for you? For me, 20:00 CET would be fine.