Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SMiD View Post
    With this happening, who's going to be sharing the tales of epic deeds? I'm sure there are others besides myself looking forward to reading the adventure of RPS RP-ers in IWD.
    Well I am planning on rolling a bard so the task should be bestowed to me, but my english sucks so I might not be up to the task.

I'm definitely going to make plenty of screenshots but it would interesting to have AARs from the perspective of different characters.
    Also, I'm most likely playing a monk or a barbarian. Not sure about the race yet.
    New! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Not so new anymore! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    I was thinking of Frapsing some of it.

When considering your built you should all keep in mind that we begin at the depths of lvl1 and the tasty benefits of a munchkin built might never pay off in our game.

My prefered classes:
    Human or Half-Orc Monk (meele-support, stealth, magekiller) or Half Elf Monk/Druid (Shapeshifting Awesomeness)
    Deep Gnome Bard/Illusionist (support and I could take the skills like Diplomacy and Lore)
    Halfling Rogue(/Ranger or /Fighter) (bit boring, stealthy melee)

I don't recall if the cleric's summon undead spell has been gimped in the latest version. Don't not being "broken" it makes the game a cake walk later on. I don't mind discussing and setting up house rules as we play if an ability or spells proves to be a bit too effective.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 04-05-2012 at 03:29 PM.

I am also still interested, saw the sudden burst of activity only today :) Are there enough people for two partys? (parties?)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    I was thinking of Frapsing some of it
    I'll try to record it on twitch tv if I think about it, don't know if it'll work well though.

Ok, so we've got:

Anthile - Monk or Barbarian
    Choca - Bard
    Heliocentric - Cleric
    pakoito - Cleric (Lathander?)
    squirrelfanatic - Wizard or Sorcerer
    Wolfenswan - Monk or Bard/Illusionist or Rogue/X

I'll have a look into the game settings and GameRanger over the weekend. Maybe we could try our connection settings before Wednesday in order to have enough time to correct for potential unexpected troubles.

As far as I remember it is possible to use custom portraits. Maybe it would be nice to have our forum avatars for one of the recordings? Just an idea, the selection of "in-game" portraits is pretty good if I remember correctly.
    Forum janitor in training.

Kelron's still in as well (he pinged me on Steam). Haven't heard back from Agent Orange or Vorrin however.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Gameranger and mumble configured for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Kelron's still in as well (he pinged me on Steam). Haven't heard back from Agent Orange or Vorrin however.
    Oh, sorry Kelron. What would be your preferences?

As it stands we are 8 people which would suggest either switching characters, having two <6 player groups or broadening our recruitment efforts to get a full second party going.

I'll try and get a steam group chat going around 8-ish CET tomorrow so we can clear the details, decide on characters etc. So if you please add me on Steam if you haven't already done so. If necessary we can have another group chat on wednesday.

Two full groups would be better, I think. Switching characters could become a hassle and controlling more than one character even more so. That's speaking from personal experience, of course I don't know how well you guys multitask. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Oh, sorry Kelron. What would be your preferences?
    Looks like we're a bit short on fighters, but maybe Monk + Cleric could handle that ok. I'd prefer playing Rogue or Wizard.

Things for the chat tomorrow:
    1. Some general Gameranger and IWD2 set up stuff (we just tested it with three people and it appeared to work fine).
    2. Decision on classes
    3. Decision whether or not to pick the convenience stuff from the Tweak Pack
    4. Decision on how to set up pausing

Activated Node
    Can I join? Haven't played in ages but intrigued about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Looks like we're a bit short on fighters, but maybe Monk + Cleric could handle that ok. I'd prefer playing Rogue or Wizard.
    If the clerics can take care of themselves in a melée, I think we should be fine with a Sorcerer and Wizard (or Rogue... or Rogard!). Sorcerer would be my favourite pick.

Activated Node
    One question: would we have to level up straight away? There is a tactic where you can gain extra xp by staying at your current level- killing monsters gets you more xp at a lower level than higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Orontes View Post
    Can I join? Haven't played in ages but intrigued about this.
    sure, just check the main post. We still have room for several people.

I tested earlier with Wolfenswan using gameranger, it worked well and he murdered my poor pre-made drow in cold blood while still on the ship. That fiend!

1. The game seemingly likes to crash upon start but running it windowed seems to fix that problem. You can later revert to fullscreen with alt+enter.

2. You need to patch your game to the version 2.01, if it isn't already.

3. You can import characters at the beginning. That means we can already create characters and then simply import them when we start. That's going to save everyone a lot of time and people who are not sure about character creation can present their characters here to see if they are viable, if they wish.

I'm going to post a "useful notes" section regarding classes, races, skills and feats here tomorrow. I don't want to be that guy who tells everyone how and what to play, just preventing people from making easily avoidable mistakes. As someone else mentioned here before, IWD2 can be played through with just about any party constellation but it's still a hard game for the most part and I believe nothing is more frustrating than figuring out that your character just doesn't work or that you don't enjoy it halfway through the game.
    New! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Not so new anymore! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

if you guys are looking for more party members I usually play ranger but if the lack of warriors is a concern I will gladly play a pally/barb/fighter I am from western Canada but my semester is over so I'm free almost anytime to play

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I am thinking of Human Wa1/PrX for the extra feats and running as tank, healer, secondary stabby stabby guy. Plan B is going Semi-Orc PrX which str bonus and extra competences makes up for the base attack loss until level 6.