Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar

GTA May Rock in This Year

Why? Because GTA V may be released in coming October!!

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...north-employee

I dont think that Take-Two cannot risk to launch more than one great title within a year. Com'n, if EA can do it, why not Take-Two?

In the beginning of this year I thought this gaming year may be as disappointing as my career. Oh yeah, in the second half of the year I am going to dive into the virtual world. Dont wake me up, those stupid bosses!

Hopefully this time, it's more of a videogame rather than trying too hard to be like a life simulator with guns

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    That article doesn't make any sense at all. It says it might happen in the title/first paragraph, and then in the following paragraphs sets out an argument as to why it wouldn't happen and that it's unlikely to hit this October.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not sure why this is good news for PC gamers. The PC version of GTA5 wont come out on PC until at least 6 months after the console version so even if it does come out this year, we wont see it for a fair old while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Hopefully this time, it's more of a videogame rather than trying too hard to be like a life simulator with guns

And with what did game tried to hard,i love new driving mechanics,as well shooting is finally satisfying,other then that i hated cellphone gimmick "Hey Niko,its Roman,your cousin!" :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I hope it's more like 3 and less like 4. If not, I guess I'll just buy Saints Row: The Third if it goes on sale around that time.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I hope they have mid mission checkpoints because of of the reasons I didn't complete GTA 4 was because of stupid long missions that you would die 75% in and have to go ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE BEGINNING! Ergh.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    And with what did game tried to hard,i love new driving mechanics,as well shooting is finally satisfying,other then that i hated cellphone gimmick "Hey Niko,its Roman,your cousin!" :D
    Driving's terrible; Car handling's was unecissarily hard; no planes; Too much brown; cellphone; too gritty, less silly; boring ass radio stations (except, well, Electro Choc and Vladivostok); Lazlo being too annoying rather than hilarious; race missions...

I still enjoyed it, epecially with the The Ballad of Gay Tony DLC which was GTA IV at it's finest. Just not as much as Vice City.

I liked that car mechanics were kinda hard,you needed to learn how to drive and that made them special,also they felt good. Color pallete,i agree it was to dark colors but look at GTA V trailer,game looks more colorfol then all gta games combined together :D
    About radio i wouldn't know,i usually put my mp3 in..what was wrong with race missions ? :o

Even now when playing San Andreas,i admit all those little things you can do are nice addon but fuck that if gameplay is medicore,GTA4 is king here.

GTA IV is one of many proofs that people will bitch about anything, anytime they get an opportunity.

P1: Hey guys, GTA 5 is on the way, woohoo!
    P2: GTA 4 was SHIT!
    P1: Dude, this is about GTA 5 ok?
    P2: I SAID SHIT!!!!

With that said, GTA4 is my favorite game in the franchise, can't wait for 5!
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I still enjoyed it, epecially with the The Ballad of Gay Tony DLC which was GTA IV at it's finest. Just not as much as Vice City.
    Nah, The Lost and Damned was IV at its finest.

Johnny, Ash, and so on? Awesome. All of them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Will this game have people with real face models instead of potatoes with eyeballs and a mouth?
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Will this game have people with real face models instead of potatoes with eyeballs and a mouth?
    I would rather have the potatoes, it's more consistent.

Face models can - and do - look as creepy as sin.

Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    GTA IV is one of many proofs that people will bitch about anything, anytime they get an opportunity.

P1: Hey guys, GTA 5 is on the way, woohoo!
    P2: GTA 4 was SHIT!
    P1: Dude, this is about GTA 5 ok?
    P2: I SAID SHIT!!!!

With that said, GTA4 is my favorite game in the franchise, can't wait for 5!
    Isn't 5 going to be run off the same engine as 4? If so, I think people who weren't fond of 4 have a right to be worried that 5 will be more of the same. Not me, I also liked 4, but it did take some getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Nah, The Lost and Damned was IV at its finest.

Johnny, Ash, and so on? Awesome. All of them.
    For whatever reason that game just didn't click with me at all, and I quit after the first couple missions. After watching a few seasons of Sons of Anarchy however, I might get into it with a second attempt.

Rockstar is going to go with the same route they took with GTA4 plus two addons,only thing is that they add ton of shit to do,like in San Andreas,and people will be happy again. Woot woot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Isn't 5 going to be run off the same engine as 4? If so, I think people who weren't fond of 4 have a right to be worried that 5 will be more of the same. Not me, I also liked 4, but it did take some getting used to.
    Its the same engine as far as I know, but I'm sure it will get a lot of tweaks that RDR had and then some. Truth be told RDR was very GTA4-like, but it was a much sharper game in the controls/shooting aspect of things. I guess my problem is that people want it to be arcady like prior GTA games (although those where arcady because of tech limitations) which is folly in my opinion because GTA4's engine provided for the most spectacular shootouts/car chases in the franchise precisely because of it's realistic physics and shit.

Also I love the fact that the game features a city AND countryside (probably with towns and shit as well). It's gonna be the perfect sandbox for me; especially once those nutty moders get their hands on it. Fucking hell, I'm drooling all over aren't I?
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Hopefully this time they actually include content in their wide open sandbox to explore for. GTA4 felt incredibly barren outside the missions and offered no reason to explore all its crannies and nooks (unless you wanted to hunt pigeons for no other reason than to increase a digit).
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

How was exploration any better in previous GTA titles ?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    There seems to be this perception that GTA V's release date is dependent on Max Payne 3's commercial success.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    How was exploration any better in previous GTA titles ?
    To use GTA3 as an example (as that's my favourite of the series), things like hidden packages (that gave your home upgrades as you collected them, so there was a reason to get them), power-ups/items and the more secretive rampage missions were a great way to encourage the player to explore Liberty City, to give every little place a look. In the process you not only gained something beneficial for your gameplay, but also got very acquainted with even the smallest parts of the city.

GTA4 on the other hand had barely anything outside its missions and what little it did have wasn't particularly exciting or nice for the player. And just exploring for exploring's sake wasn't all that inspirational either thanks to the city's relative boringness. I enjoyed GTA4 but I found that the wide open city acted much like the one in Mafia, just as a backdrop for your car drives from the start of the mission to where you were meant to go, rather than anything that made me want to just drive around and explore the place.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.