[AAR] Tactical Tuesday 2012-04-10

Thank you attendees for good times! Let it be shown in the books of history that we conquered all in the following scenarios:

• Red Snow (Chernarus)
    • Reclamation (Takistan)
    • Search & Destroy (Zargabad)

ARPS FIGHTING!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thanks for organizing it! Been a long time since I was able to play on Tuesdays and I forgot how much fun it is. I really liked harakka's new mission. There was just one bug we found in Able: while attacking the Chedaki (?) camp, the kills registered as friendly fire.

I honestly had no idea what happened in the last 5 minutes of the mission. We moved into the vehicles compound only for a truck with an AA gun mounted on it to open fire at us and kill everyone but me. I crept up to it under cover and killed the gunner (whose model was a bit weird, as in he had a white face as if the texture was missing) and I went back to revive the rest of the team only to find out there was another truck somewhere which got pissed off and opened fire. Then everything exploded around us and I got a rocket in the face, courtesy of Iceraiser. The end!

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    There was just one bug we found in Able: while attacking the Chedaki (?) camp, the kills registered as friendly fire.
    Not a bug, I should've realised we were Ruskies when I was telling everyone that they were hostile. Chedaki forces and Russian forces are both OPFOR (REDFOR?)
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangLove View Post
    Not a bug, I should've realised we were Ruskies when I was telling everyone that they were hostile. Chedaki forces and Russian forces are both OPFOR (REDFOR?)
    No Chedaki Defense Forces are Blufor. Only the chedaki insurgents (dressed in camo and jumpsuits) are OPFOR.

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    I crept up to it under cover and killed the gunner (whose model was a bit weird, as in he had a white face as if the texture was missing)
    Slenderman!

But on a more serious note, Harakka told me he probably didn't identify those jumpsuit wearing farmers as enemies. I assume it'll be fixed in the next version. Other than that, great mission! I hope we'll be able to finish it someday.

I would also like to tell everyone who missed it: Washington and I bravely sacrificed ourselves in the final mission by blowing up the weapons cache with our fists. For glory!

Reclamation was good fun as always and I think we now have the process of actually getting into Sakhe down pretty well. The ARPS vehicular theft reflex just causes trouble with all the trucks and tanks at the last bit. For Seek and Destroy I was already half-asleep, so I just followed IceRaiser and shot at things when ordered to, which is a surprisingly good tactic it seems.

As for the first mission, as the official tourism board representative of Chernarus, let me put this faction dispute to rest. The Chernarus armed groups are as follows:

• Chernarussian Defence Forces aka CDF, the official government troops (BLUFOR)

• National Party aka NAPA, guerrillas who fight against any foreign influences, incuding their own supposedly corrupt government (resistance so they can swing both ways)

• Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star aka ChDKZ, aka Chedaki in slang, guerilla army nostalgic for the old Soviet times, with some backing from Russia (OPFOR)

The friendly gentlemen some of you had the pleasure of slaughtering in the camp were indeed ChDKZ guerrillas. The backstory for this mission detail is that ChDKZ believe Russian takeover will herald the coming of old Soviet-style life and are thus assisting with the Russian invasion.

The Russians however aren't terribly interested in communism and all that, so even though ChDKZ are useful for harassing the CDF during the initial assault, they are undisciplined, uncontrollable and don't follow the current political ideology, and thus they can be shot if the situation warrants as they'll eventually need to be disowned and disarmed anyway.

As a mission maker, I didn't communicate the gist of this well enough, and I also didn't have them show up as enemies which they essentially are for your purposes. This and many other things will be fixed in the next revision, as I've got a lot of good feedback. I'm still willing to take more though!
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by harakka View Post
    The Russians however aren't terribly interested in communism and all that, so even though ChDKZ are useful for harassing the CDF during the initial assault, they are undisciplined, uncontrollable and don't follow the current political ideology, and thus they can be shot if the situation warrants as they'll eventually need to be disowned and disarmed anyway.
    This I refuse to believe! However I did enjoy the mission a lot. Do I get anything for spotting your name tag on the wall?

Obscure Node
    I enjoyed first mission a lot, although I had late start because of damn Project Reality mod turned On.
    I was wondering If I could prepare some mission.

You will get 20% off on a one-way tourist-class ticket to Chernarus, once Aeroshrot finds all their missing AN-2's and can start operating again.

I assure you that any name tags there are not my doing... But it may just be the people of Chernarus appreciating my efforts to fertilize their already beautiful land by bloodshed. You need to show me that spot some time :P
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You will get 20% off on a one-way tourist-class ticket to Chernarus, once Aeroshrot finds all their missing AN-2's and can start operating again.
    Thank you! I was looking for a nice place to spend my honeymoon... I will find a nice prole villa near Zargabad and re-read some of the party-approved classic theorists.

Network Hub
    The friendly gentlemen some of you had the pleasure of slaughtering in the camp were indeed ChDKZ guerrillas. The backstory for this mission detail is that ChDKZ believe Russian takeover will herald the coming of old Soviet-style life and are thus assisting with the Russian invasion.

As a mission maker, I didn't communicate the gist of this well enough, and I also didn't have them show up as enemies which they essentially are for your purposes. This and many other things will be fixed in the next revision, as I've got a lot of good feedback. I'm still willing to take more though!
    Yeah in the mission notes it says eliminate the occupants of the camp so we did.