Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

EA/Origin join the HumbleBundle, all to charity

https://www.humblebundle.com

8 triumphant games. Pay what you want and get the terrifying sci-fi horror third person shooter Dead Space 3; the original bone-chilling horror shooterDead Space; the intense action-packed supersoldier shooter Crysis 2 Maximum Edition; the high speed open-world crash happy racer Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box; the authentic modern warfare sim Medal of Honor; and the first person parkour thrill ride Mirror's Edge. Pay over the average and receive the beloved life sim The Sims 3 (along with two expansion packs in The Sims 3 Starter Pack) and the unrivaled military shooterBattlefield 3.

Fire it up on Origin. Buying the Humble Origin Bundle gets you the games to play on Windows through Origin (system requirements here), with The Sims 3 also available on Mac! Electronic Arts has also provided Steam keys for some of the games (full list here)!

Pay what you want. On their own, all these mind-blowing titles would cost about $215, but we're letting you name your price! Pay any price to get soundtracks for The Sims 3 and Battlefield 3. A purchase of $1 or more gets you Origin* keys for all the games, and you can also get Steam keys forDead Space, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Medal of Honor, and Mirror's Edge! Beat the average to also get The Sims 3, two expansion packs in The Sims 3 Starter Pack, and Battlefield 3.
    *Note: This bundle provides Origin keys for all the games on Windows, with The Sims 3 also available on Mac. Select games also come with Steam keys.
    Origin loves charity. Origin and Electronic Arts Inc. are donating their share of the proceeds from this bundle to the following 5 great charities: theHuman Rights Campaign; Watsi; the San Francisco AIDS Foundation; the American Red Cross; or the American Cancer Society. And if you're enjoying this promotion, a tip to Humble Bundle is greatly appreciated.
    Steam keys:
    Humble Origin Bundle games available on Steam:
    • Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
    • Dead Space 1
    • Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
    • Mirror's Edge
    • Medal of Honor

Surprised to see no Dragon Age for the unlock.

Any other EA games you wish they add as the special unlocks later in the bundle?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Oh for fucks sake, I just bought Crysis 2 and Mirrors Edge in the last Origin Sale...
    But well, still an awesome deal!
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Already jumped 17k sales in the past 10 minutes. $4.86 average.

Lasts 2 weeks, this should do well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    Second week unlock. Ripe considering they can use it to build up excitement for DA3.

That's a pretty good deal, worth it for one of those games alone. Obviously a bit of an ad run, but all to charity? Hard to argue.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    https://www.humblebundle.com

Any other EA games you wish they add as the special unlocks later in the bundle?
    Dragon Age and Dead Space 2 will most likely get added in at some point.

And I'm in complete agreement with JG here, you can't complain about EA doing this when they've after turning around and saying all the money is going to charity and they're not taking a cut. That's a generally pretty bad ass thing to do.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Finally I own The Sims 3. Time to buy the Katy Perry DLC!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The Sims 3 Starter Pack is The Sims 3 plus High End Loft Stuff, and Late Night Expansion Pack

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Can anyone confirm for me (if they've bought it): I'll probably get that, although waiting on the second week, but I have some of those games. Surely I'd be able to give away codes for games that give Origin and Steam keys to separate people, right?

I actually thought further and I bet they add in the Mass Effect trilogy as well as Dragon Age. (If that's the case, I might claim it so I can get DS3, then DA2, ME1 and Mirror's Edge on the PC and give the rest away.)