Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Network Hub

Dawn of War 3 in development!

I'm sure this'll be interesting to plenty of people here.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/15/da...says-thq-boss/

I'm hoping Necrons or Tau put in an appearance this time around.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Hoping for Dark Eldar and point-buy armies!

(That would be sooo sweet.)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

For the greater good, give me Tau!!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Disappointing if this is the announcment Relic were going to be making in the next few months. I quite like DOW, but was hoping that something different would be coming from them, preferably a new franchise or a return of Homeworld (never really got into the original nor played the sequel, but it is a very unique RTS.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    DoW2 doesn't need replacing. This is a financial decision I know, but it doesn't mean I have to respect it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Homeworld 3 would've been what I was optimistically holding out for with the potential Gamescom announcement, but I'll take DoW3. Parts of 2 I liked over 1, parts of 1 I liked over 2. It'll be interesting to see where they take it.

Also, if they can expand Last Stand mode that would be cool. How? I dunno, but I'd like to see a way.

Dawn of War moves forward. Yay!

More Blood Ravens! Groan.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Disappointing if this is the announcment Relic were going to be making in the next few months.
    + I am (potentially) disappoint
    steam

Obscure Node
    Highly anticipating if it is going to be leaning more towards the DoW1 gameplay style or DoW2's more hero centric approach

Obscure Node
    I do not want another "Blizzard-ified" RTS with magical ability buttons and cool-downs. I want a tactical RTS with Morale and smart Cover mechanics - with a freakin' points-buy-army system!

Network Hub
    If it makes you feel better, just think of it as another full priced expansion. Like Retribution.

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    Was there any doubt that they will make DoW3, I wouldn't be suprised if they announce DoW4 after this.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I want base building back, I also want an army larger then 10 guys. In other words I want DoW1 again, that was fantastic, quite possibly the best RTS I've ever played.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    I want base building back, I also want an army larger then 10 guys. In other words I want DoW1 again, that was fantastic, quite possibly the best RTS I've ever played.
    As far as base building, army massing rts games go... if it wasn't based in the 40k universe I would have totally overlooked it. There wasnt anything overly new or innovative about it (in my personal opinion) that makes it stand out from all the other rts games out there

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    What I want is a DoW2 with bigger maps and some base building.

At least let me fortify that damn power farm.

Also, I want Big Mek and Mega-Armoured Nobz back.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    What I want from DoW3 is basically, an updated Company of Heroes, with an Imperial Guard campaign.... long lines of squads trying to hold back the Tau (or some other race, as long as it's not Elder manipulating Orks to distract the Space Marines from the Chaos again).

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    What I want is a DoW2 with bigger maps and some base building.

At least let me fortify that damn power farm.
    Are you talking about singleplayer or multiplayer mode? I am under the impression that the size of the MP maps is quite fitting. And fortifying power farms is possible with stuff like bunkers, turrets, hive nodes, energy shields, land mines, etc. . You just can't build unbreachable defenses, that is all. DoW2 multiplayer lives from flexible play and constant movement of units, so developing the game towards a more fortification oriented style would hurt the game play pretty much I think.

@oatish: What would you expect from such a cover system that isn't already present in the game? Buildings, different kind of covers (light, heavy, etc.) and different damage types fitted to deal with those types of cover are quite something I would say.
    Last edited by Squiz; 17-06-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Network Hub
    I'm happy to wave farewell to the Blood Ravens. Their story is done. What I want is a single-player Marine campaign that focuses on the Black Templars, or the Dark Angels. We've seen the martial honour of the Blood Ravens, now give us the religious zealotry and/or just plain damn scary side of the Space Marines.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I want more single-player campaigns that finally have nothing to do with Space Marines. I'm sick of Space Marines. Space Marines make me angrier than a Space Wolf Space Marine.

I want a single-player campaign around a Harlequin.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    I want more single-player campaigns that finally have nothing to do with Space Marines. I'm sick of Space Marines. Space Marines make me angrier than a Space Wolf Space Marine.
    No one would ever buy full standalone WH40k game without a Space Marine on a box art.