Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar

WFRP The Enemy Within

Hello chaps!

As discussed I am keen to GM a new Warhammer Roleplay 2nd edition campaign, I haven't GM'ed before but I know the setting very well and understand the mechanics so should be able to muddle through!

The system is similar to Rogue Trader/Deathwatch with the percentile dice but obviously set in the grim and dark fantasy that is Warhammer. Perhaps the most significant difference (beside the setting) is that instead of classes you will have careers which offer skill sets, you can then move to different careers to earn their skills. Its similar but I think enjoyably different and some of the careers are brilliant.

I was thinking of running The Enemy Within, this is a campaign series from the first edition (but obviously I'll be using updated rules etc) which is apparently excellent, containing murder, mystery and many fun times.

So Elesium, Gorm, Egg, Liquorish and Harlander have all expressed interest in playing which would be a perfect group I think, if you've changed you're mind then no worries but let me know so I can find someone else.

We'll be playing over mumble as usual (anyone know where I can donate to the RPS mumble, I feel like I owe the operator some money for the amount I use it), I am experimenting with MapTool for maps and positioning in combat, it has some more advanced users but baby steps and all that, and I am toying with the idea of having a small wiki for characters/locations etc if the group thinks that would be useful?

So I'd like to set a game night, I am happy to change days when necessary but I think its useful to have an established day which can then be changed rather than finding a new day every week. Elesium has suggested Sunday nights which I think is a good idea, but what does everyone else think?

Finally characters! I am happy for everyone to pick a career or do it randomly, and am happy to run through it with anyone or let you do it yourselves if you prefer. Elesium has called a magic class but apart from that game on!

Let me know what you think or whether iv missed anything, if we get cracking maybe we could start next week but I am keen to get going, if you'd like to DM me an email address I'll send you all a zip with rule books, character sheets etc, I wont sell your details (unless offered lots of money).

Other RPS lovelies stay tuned! I am hoping to write up an after action report after each session which should make some fun reading knowing WFRP.

Cheers.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Geeeeekssssss

Enemy Within is possibly my favourite rpg campaign ever.

Always liked the WFRP setting as well. Very refreshing that your party can contain a rat-catcher, a boatman and a knight, and the rat-catcher proves the most useful!

Hope you enjoy it.

Where would we be without our small vicious dogs aye?

Useful contributions as always gormy baby

Network Hub
    LowKey, you want me to gen my character with you or just do it straight away? Also I picked up the magic supplement that adds a lot more to wizards, makes the way you gain spells slightly different, but adds a lot more, about 20 per lore. I can send you over a copy if you want to check it out first? (If you havn't got it already, I have all the 2nd ed, PDFs).

Which ever you prefer elesium, we'll have words if all your characteristics are 50 though :-) yeah i have them all too and was going to send it with thebplayer pack iv put together so feel free to use it, theres also one for priests if anyone wants to play one of those, i am also toying with the idea of having a mini campaign which we could play if a player or two cant make a week but we still want to play, this would have skaven characters who i think sound very fun but too much of a pain for a full campaign, let me know your thoughts

Network Hub
    Haha skaven characters? That sounds awesome...as long as I am allowed to set fire to the other players tails! :-P

I will get my character done tonight, there is a pretty awesome online character generator if anyone needs it.

None of our enemies' dignity is safe.

And nor is ours, for that matter.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Any links for the online character gen?

Network Hub
    http://silverghost.dyndns.org/wfrp/ It does randomise your career though.

Theres a pdf one you can download just google it, again let me know contact details if you want the rule book et al

Network Hub
    Looking forward to reading the game reports - I'm not familiar with the ruleset, but I love me some AARs.

Network Hub
    Ok I've got my character all genned....goddamned adobe not letting me save it, then re-edit it :-( .

Good job Elesium, yeah its a pain and I have been playing around with that, I got an editable character sheet but adobe wouldn't let you save the information... however I have installed foxit pdf reader and its working like a charm so I would recommend using that, its free!

If you can all let me know your emails (either PM me on here or on steam) and ill send you a torrent tracker which contains the character sheet, core rule book and some supplements including magic and priest expansions, as well as new items and the bestiary. Have a look in them if you're interested but dont worry too much, although the bestiary is a very entertaining read!

Let me know how you're character gens are going, I'll be around most of tomorrow if you want me to go through it with you, otherwise would everyone be up for starting next sunday?

Network Hub
    Does Foxit allow you to read it, save it and edit it?

Indeed it does!

Network Hub
    I have 2 talents which add to stats, does that count as an increase to starting characteristic or does it count as an increase to current (and advancement).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I'm enjoying the character generator, and just rolled a halfling bounty hunter. What do you mean, nothing better to do?

oh ok I think you add that to your starting characteristics and then take further stat advancements as normal

Yeah you can certainly come up with some entertaining characters, I think the protagonist is my favourite, the career exit for demon slayer is also amusing :) not sure I know what you mean elesiusm, which skill is it? I would think off the top of my head that its an increase to starting.