Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yea i'll work on my background tomorrow afternoon/sunday morning. I rolled my character with Lowkey on mumble so i know already about the free advance if you write up stuff.

I'm just kinda torn between Noble or Squire at the moment. What've we got so far?

An elfy magic type
    A halfling bounty hunter
    Egg's dwarfy miner

What else?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm a human watchman

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    You could randomise it in the random character generator? You still have to pick race and sex first, although you could toss coins for those. Then roll three characters and pick one you like.
    Do you have access to the drop box? You can see our characters in there; pm me your email if you don't and I'll invite you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    There both good choices harlander, a squire will likely (although not necessarily) be from a noble background anyway, you will need to think of a reason for why your blue blood is slumming with commoners and demi-humans!
    Last edited by LowKey; 21-04-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Alrighty so the first session is set for 6pm tomorrow, not sure how long it will go for so we can just play it by ear, I have sent you all an invite to the campaigns Obsidian Portal, this is a sort of wiki thing that contains information on places you've been, NPC's and maps, you can upload your characters with portraits if you wish! It's a bit threadbare at the moment but it will get updated when you visit locations and meet NPC's, and I will unlock information while we're playing.

So, I'll be playing the part of
    Gottfried von Dollinger, Human Noble

Here's the ten questions, bit of a work in progress

Where are you from?

Bogenhafen, a well-off trading town in the south of Reikland. A charming place, really, even if the bourgeoisie hold ideas above their station.

What are your family like?
    The Von Dollinger family is descended from the finest Reikland stock. Our line dates back to time immemorial. Oh, what are they like? Mother is greatly afflicted by the ague of late, and seldom leaves her chambers. It's quite a strain on Father, not to mention.. At least he has Berthold's career to take heart from. My elder brother is a squire to the Baron himself. I'm sure he'll be a knight in no time. I've not had.. quite such a luminous career myself.

What is your social class?

I already said, our blood is the blood of counts and kings. Don't give any credence to rumours that nostrums and treatments for Mother's ills have bankrupted the family. Such scurrilous talk..

What did you do before you became an adventurer?
    I was expected to find a place for myself in local politics. With my brother's squireship as a conversation piece, it wasn't too hard to ingratiate myself with the other local eminences. That aside, I'd enjoyed the leisurely existence that's the privilege of the well-bred.

Why did you become an adventurer?
    Travel broadens the mind, the old saying runs. A raconteur is nothing without a stock of tales to tell. Other reasons? Let's not use such ugly words as "family desperate for money" or "creditors circling like ravenous piranha-wolf-sharks".

How religious are you?
    A true highborn must always be seen to honour the gods. Not to mention that gossip spreads like wildfire through a congregation.

Who are you loyal to?
    Family, dear sir. Family is everything.

Ravenous piranha-wolf-sharks are the second worst kind of piranha-wolf-sharks.

Brilliant harlander! 100xp to you, bogenhafen is an interesting choice!

How do bags work? Do I lose some encumbrance if I put some of my stuff in the bag, or does everything in the bag still count towards total encumbrance?
    Right now, if we're using encumbrance rules, I'm encumbered. The crossbow on its own is half my weight allowance :)

I think we'll just use common sense for the most part, dont want to bethesda it up too much, if you try and put a horse in your bag we may have a problem however :-)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Christoph Becker

Where are you from?

Carroburg, home of the famous greatsword regiment. Not a major town by the standards of Altdorf or Nuln but well off enough.

What are your family like?
    The Becker’s have always been on the edge of the law, on brother working at the docks another being a smuggler. I was on the wrong side of the law myself once, but after being caught by the Carroburg watch and given the choice to work with them or be hung, well I decided a change of career would probably be in my best interest.

Lowborn river dock scum, the best kind of people you will find anywhere in the Empire.

Smuggler, theif, dock worker, one time mercenary. Anything people would pay me for, or that I could make some extra money doing.

Well it turns out being on the right side of the law pays rather less, especially with such a puritanical straight laced captain as I had. How’s a man supposed to afford ale and whores without taking a bribe now and again.

How religious are you?
    I pray to Ranald when the watch board my boat or search my cart, I pray to Rhya for a good catch, I pray to Shallya when I need healing, I shout to Sigmar and Ulric when I’m in a tight situation. I’m as religious as a good man of the Empire should be.

Who are you loyal to?
    Who is paying me? And how much?

Network Hub
    Farnoth Shadow - High Elf Mage

Farnoth stands taller than most men, though only slightly higher than average height for an elf. A tattoo of a dragon comes over his chest ending with the teeth bared on his neck. His long dark hair flows down his back, and his piercing blue eyes see all, speaking when needs be and hearing everything. Farnoth definatly appears to many the stereotypical stuck up elf.

Where are you from?
    Caledor, the region of Ulthuan that stands ready to defend the realm and the Phoenix King. A small noble homestead. With a library, farms and a stable of prize warhorses.

What is your family like?
    My father served his time fighting against the hated kin. Retiring from war and hanging up his helm he now manages the estate, raising his son Farnoth and his daughter Elise. Elise is the younger child, a terror when we grew up together, either by sword or horse always trying to outdo her older brother. The hardest part of leaving the isles to head to the realms of man was leaving her behind, my fathers riders had to chase down the column when it was discovered she had tried to sneak on to the voyage.

An Elf to the realm of Man will always appear higher in social class simply due to the clothing, manner and language. However Farnoth is a noble, albeit a minor one, though forgoing most of the trappings of a highborn, he is still at heart used to the finer things in life.

A child of Ulthuan is trained in all the arts, be they of culture or war. Though never finding much pleasure from archery or swordplay, Farnoth definatly found an affinity with horses, able to ride them aswell as any Caledor noble. Outside of war Farnoth is adept with the written and spoken word comes from any mistake being a quick way to disaster where magic is concerned.

Still not even powerful enough to be considered a novice by Elven standards, Farnoth wants to hone his skills in the world, expand his knowledge of the culture and politik of the Empire. To stand where Teclis, Yrtle and Finreir stood and first taught magic to man.

How religious are you?
    To the outward observor Farnoth is not religious at all, a small symbol at his neck is the only indicator of any religion at all. To the Elf however he would see the devotion to Hoeth, the Lord of Wisdom and Knowledge. Farnoths goal is to eventually study amonst the best mages that exist, in the White Tower of Saphery.

Who are your best friends and worst enemies?
    Holding niether in the lands of man personally, though still holding a deep seated hatred for his dark kin and those slayers of dragons, the dwarves. His family can trace its line through the War of the Beard as it became known aswell as the invasions of Ulthuan and old enemies are still enemies.

What are your prized possession?
    The stave he carries is what matters most to Farnoth, his sister gave him it as a gift, carving the runes into it herself, the white wood shines along with a red hand grip of leather and silk a staff fit for any mage of Saphery.

Who are you loyal to?
    To the White Tower of Saphery, the Phoenix King and Caledor.

Great job guys, take your xp and dont forget to spend your gold before we start if you want to

I bought a best quality garotte! (which I intend to use to snare rabbits whilst living rough in the countryside due to spending all my gold on things)

I shot a man's arm clean off with a crossbow, in the inn. It was a Brick Tamland moment.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I got hit a lot and cut off a beastmans head. So swings and round abouts really.

Haha quite! Ill be putting up an AAR and updating 'the guide' shortly, poor gunnar he was too hung over to die
    Last edited by LowKey; 22-04-2012 at 08:51 PM.

You got shot in the chest, and basically walked it off. For you are a manly man, a manly man indeed.
    I on the other hand sneaked through the woods and backshot people, for I am a sneaky halfling with no sense of fair play.

Alrighty the first session is done and hopefully everyone enjoyed it, the AAR is pretty much from memory (was hoping to write stuff down but didnt really have time, also why I kept changing NPC names sorry about that!) so shout out if notice anything missing.

Wellentag, 25th of Jahrdrung, 2523

After a day and half walk our intrepid adventurers have arrived at The Coach and Horse Inn, a days coach ride to the capital of the Empire, Altdorf, hungry and disheartened. To lighten the mood the resident mage Farnoth [Elesium] plucks a whip out of a passing coach drivers hands, much to his terror, this is promptly pocketed by Ludo [President Weasel], who is living up to a prominent halfling stereotype.

Entering the inn Hargin 'the Egg' Belegolson [Egg of course] made a beeline to the bar, ordered his drink and squeezed in nice and tight next to Lady Isolde, a travelling noble, but was promptly moved when her bodyguard looked keen to force the issue. The vacant space was promptly filled by Gottfried Von Dollinger [Harlander] whose noble bearing made him a much preferable companion for the young lady.

The rest of the party after being fed and watered, were challenged to a friendly game of cards by one Philippe Descartes.
    After a few games played it became clear that the Bretonnian was sharking them but Farnoth somehow managed to beat him anyway. Being accused of cheating greatly upset the Phillippe who protested his innocence, however he responded to Ludo drawing his crossbow by drawing his own pistol. While attempts were made to disarm the tension it was broken by Christoph [Gorm] drawing his sword. Philippe shot the watchman in the chest and the favour was returned by Ludo who cleanly shot of his arm. The loot of ten (it was ten wasn't it) gold coins was shared, the inn keeper was calmed and the Bretonnian was stabilised before being arrested.

Aubentag, 26th of Jahrdrung, 2523

After a night of excitement the group set off nice and early, much to the distaste of the coach drivers who were severely hung over. The less affluent adventurers had to sit on the roof and were promptly soaked in a downpour, however the majority of the trip was uneventful. Nearing Altdorf the party heard a strange cry over the forest and bets were flying over whether it was a dog or a wolf. Gottfried scouted ahead on his horse (noble men ay) and was greeted by a scene of horror.

An overturned carriage was lying in the centre of the road with three mutants rummaging around for riches, of in the case of one, the inner organs of a soon to be deceased horse. Devising a hasty plan for ambush the group quickly dispatched the twisted men, Fargoth exploding one, Christoph lopping the head of another and the Egg ploughing his pick-axe into the leaders skull, supported by accurate support fire from Ludo and bravado from Gottfried.

Unfortunately it soon became apparent from the screams behind them that the mutants had simply been bait, and returning to their carriage the party saw that it was under attack buy two Ungor's and a large Gor, pure-breed beastmen. Gunnar the coachmen had already been speared by the Gor and although Hultz managed to blow the head of one of the Ungor's with his blunderbuss the other was about to end his life.

Acting quickly Farnoth produced an artificial noise of gunfire, terrifying the remaining Ungor but leaving the Gor unfazed. The beast were eventually dispatched with Gottfried single handedly tacking the Ungor and Christoph taking the Gor (with support from a surprisingly deadly bolas thrown by Ludo) although receiving a battering in return.

Searching the remains of the overturned coach led to the discovery of a dead man the spitting image of Gottfried, to his terror. With no clear answer to this mystery the adventurers arrived in their destination of Altdorf, keen to make their riches, after a well earned ale of course.