Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Well I was almost killed by a single flail blow....but then I blew two guys away. So I think I need to just strap a large sheet of metal to the dwarf and use him like a shield with legs from now on! :-P Or get a dragon....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    We do have a crossbow lying around, you could use it to shoot people from far away. With your decent 40 ballistic skill that would be a 50/50 chance of hitting, if you aimed - and zero chance of going insane. Admittedly it doesn't seem very wizardy, but there's no actual law against it as far as I know.

Admittedly I ran into the flaw with my "use ranged weapons, then you don't need to melee" plan today, when I shot the guy and hurt him enough to get really annoyed, but not enough to take him out of action. I reckon I just used the wrong ranged weapon though - if I'd used the bolas he'd have been tangled for a turn, and I could have shot him with the crossbow while he was trying to get out.
    I am so very, very bad at melee that even with the +5% from using a best quality dagger I am still just as well trying to use a pistol in melee - even though I need to halve my skill due to not knowing how to work one.

Network Hub
    Sounds exciting!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well all i'm saying is we better get to this sheep festival some time soon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Looking to let of some steam? I think if he's entangled you get an automatic hit in melee, AAR will go up tonight and I think ill give you all a bonus 50xp for saving the girl as it was fairly heroic considering the alternatives (leaving town, burning the place down etc)
    Last edited by LowKey; 30-04-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Network Hub
    Woop woop! You mean....I can burn down the next village though yeah? :D

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Looking to let of some steam? I think if he's entangled you get an automatic hit in melee, AAR will go up tonight and I think ill give you all a bonus 50xp for saving the girl as it was fairly heroic considering the alternatives (leaving town, burning the place down etc)
    I was deeply tempted to set the place on fire and shoot them as they ran out. (Did you ever read "Grunts" by Mary Gentle? The psychotic arsonist murderous backshooting criminal halflings in there are kind of... role models).

I will clarify that i wont reward you just for being heroic per say, this isnt d&d, but i felt your response was clever and you didnt take the easier option

Of course we saved the girl. Noblesse oblige dear boy, and the minions follow along.
    Last edited by Harlander; 30-04-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: ballsed up my formatting, didn't I

Follow along? Follow along? All you did was blunder around being a useful distraction/crossbow bolt magnet while I sneaked in for the heroic nearly-a-rescue!

Network Hub
    Erm if not for me we would have had a length indoor battle, two people wide just having to wade through the cultists. With my help we engaged them in the open so we could gang up on them.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    After looking at the map, i should have gone through the trap doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Elesium View Post
    Erm if not for me we would have had a length indoor battle, two people wide just having to wade through the cultists. With my help we engaged them in the open so we could gang up on them.
    Yes, because having them come screaming out frothing at the mouth shouting "KILL THE WITCH!" was exactly your plan all along...

(that's not to say it didn't work brilliantly, just that it wasn't the actual plan).

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    I think ill give you all a bonus 50xp for saving the gir
    With the 50 extra from last week, plus yesterdays 100, that gives me enough for something I am calling "operation first go", otherwise known as +10 agility.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 30-04-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Hmm ill have to think of a situation where egg will get to go first...

everyone else gets to go but nothing much happens, then suddenly something amazing, then it's egg's go, then everyone else :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Get us all drunk?

Network Hub
    Unfortunatly I am going to be at I45 this weekend so I can't make the next session. Sorry guys. I am going there as press though so!!!! :D

No worries have fun, i see three options, we can play on as the next session is largely talking and exploring, we can take a break for a weekend or i could put together a session for skaven characters :-P i am happy with what ever, aar is delayed due to blood bowl last night, should do it tonight

Or we could swap it to a different day (Wednesday's Blood Bowl, Monday I'm out all day, evenings this week or any time Saturday would work). I'm happy with all four options, just let me know.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Could do Thursday evening i suppose. Would have to miss another week of wargaming, but oh well, my Empire army isnt ready yet.