Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Err i might have difficulty getting the session ready for thursday, maybe monday? Two sessions in one week?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Can't do Monday, no idea when I'll be back that day. It's the one day I can't do.

You know what, if everyone can do thursday then we'll do it, ill smash it out tomorrow

Network Hub
    Have fun guys, catch you the week after.

Quote Originally Posted by Elesium View Post
    Have fun guys, catch you the week after.
    can't make Thursday then?

Network Hub
    Erm not really, I'm going to telford on thursday, back monday.

Alrighty shall we just perserver and go ahead with sunday? I am sure you'll manage without a mage for the session (note to self make all enemies ghosts and thus immune to mundane weapons)

His character took a blow to the chest that nearly killed him and broke several ribs, so he's... taking some bed rest for a day or two. That ought to cover it.

Agreed, also he has a bad case of the Ind Squirts because hahaha

So, Sunday then?

I couldn't do Thursday, that's my realside RPG night (and it's the start of a new slot)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Might not be a bad idea to rest him and let him regain extra wounds from it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Also Lowkey says this:

"AAR! Again I have probably missed bits (especially quotes!) but here we go, session two, in which our intrepid adventures sample the finer parts of Altdorf, jewel of the Empire, and actually act with some heroism. Apologies to any German readers, these are GW’s bastardisations, not mine J.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aubentag, 26th of Jahrdrung, 2523

Picking up where we left off our adventures have arrived in Altdorf’s Konigplatz one of the main hubs for new arrivals. The plaza is crowded with coaches, travellers and vendors selling goods and beds in the finest (of course) inns in the city.

Having visited the local watch station to brief its captain on their clash on the road earlier in the day (and receiving a small monetary reward as well as the attention of the watch barber surgeon for Christoph [Gorm] the most seriously wounded) the adventurers are considering their options when Gottfried [Harlander] notices two men staring directly at him, one of whom begins pulling his ear and winking. This is not a sign the group recognise and the two men seem slightly panicked when they receive no response, the door to a nearby house is opened by a large man and the two retreats into it before the adventurers can approach them.

Christoph bumps into Joseph Quartjin, an old associate of this from his time working the rivers, who is delighted to have this opportunity to catch up with his friend and invites the party to join him for an evening at his favourite pub. He explains that he is in the city to stock up on wine which he will be bringing to the town of Bogenhafen [home of Gottfried incidently], a three day sail away, which is holding its annual Schaffenfest [sheep festival!] in a few days. The evening passes pleasantly even with the arrival of the infamous (at least locally) protagonist Max Ernst, who proceeds to drink himself into oblivion in the corner of the bar.

Unfortunately the pleasant atmosphere is ruined by the arrival of two young nobles and their bodyguards, who are ‘roughing it up’ drinking in the river inns. The two men are loud and obnoxious, insulting the pubs patrons and laughing at the adventures, who do in fairness make a strange group. Recognising one of their own they invite Gottfried over for a drink but this quickly turns sour as they make fun of his rural seat and then proceed to vomit directly in his face. While the nobles find this hilarious the party is furious, however Joseph reminds them that attacking nobles is a quick way to find yourself at the end of a rope and they let them leave.

As they are leaving the inn themselves for Joseph’s boat, where they will be staying, Max Ernst approaches. He is extremely drunk and attempts to offer the party his services in putting ‘a bit of the fear of sigmar’ into the young nobles. The party refuses and he stumbles off. On the way to the boat the party notices they are being followed and see the two men from the Konigplatz approaching. The men hail them but before they meet one crumples to the ground with a bolt in the head and the other flees. While it may be reasonable to assume this is the work of Ludo [President Weasel] the shot actually came from the roof of one of the nearby warehouses and while the members of the party with nightvision see movement it is quickly lost. ‘the Egg’ [Egg], who is quick to go through the dead mans pockets, finds some small monies and notices through the mans torn jerkin that he has a strange birthmark on his chest, shaped like a purple hand.

The rest of the night progresses without note.

Marktag, 27th of Jahrdrung, 2523

Awaking early to the noise of loading boats the party set out to do some shopping and Joseph wishes them luck as he prepares to depart. The party head to the manor of Prince Von Tasseninck, who is advertising well paid work for adventurers and was the reason the party has been travelling together to Altdorf. Unfortunately they are informed by the guards that the Prince has already departed with a large band of misfits and while it is known that he is heading into the Grey Mountains they can tell them no more.

Disheartened the party discusses their next move when they see Joseph approaching them, red faced from running. The watch came to his boat looking for the party as they have been implicated in the murder of a young noble. It seems Max Ernst knocked the man over, cracking his head, but is claiming he is guilty as he was bewitched by an elf mage. While Farnoth [Elesium] claims innocence Joseph recommends they flee the city, as the watch is known for quick trials for both the guilty and innocent. Joseph offers to bring them Bogenhafen which will be full of travellers for the fair and an easy place to blend in.

The boat leaves Altdorf in the early afternoon and follows the Weissbruck Canal which will take them straight through to Bogenhafen. The afternoon is uneventful except for the approach of a large party of road wardens who fortunately are looking for bandits rather than the party. Ludo remains on watch during the night and notices two men on horseback ride past at some speed but cannot make them out in the darkness.

Backertag, 28th of Jahrdrung, 2523

The party arrive in the town of Weissbruck around midday where they will be staying for the evening as Joseph conducts some business. Weissbruck is a small but prosperous town which has grown at a considerable rate since the conduction of the canal. As the party approach the town centre they see citizens along with the entirety of the town watch running towards the wharf, where a warehouse is on fire. Fortunately it is under control and the assistance of the party is not required, however as the warehouse is owned by local nobility the watch is keen to get the fire put out as soon as possible (and is watching the citizens in case of light fingers) and so stay in the wharfs.

Heading towards the towns pub, the Trumpet, a man calls out to Gottfried ‘Kastor! Why are you avoiding us!’, it is the remaining man from Konigplatz and he is running towards the party in a panic. Unfortunately in a case of déjà vu the man is cut down by a bolt to the back, but this time the party can easily see where the shot came from, the upper story of the Trumpet.

As the party arrives they see people piling out and a man shouting for the watch. He is the inn keeper Sven, and tells the party a bounty hunter accompanied by a band of fanatics has taken over the inn and are holding the inn keepers daughter hostage. The hostage taker yells from the upper story of the inn for ‘Kastor’ to enter alone and he will release the girl.

Ludo successfully sneaks around the back of the inn while Farnoth releases magically lights into the inn to try and frighten the inhabitants. It has the opposite affect and the fanatics charge out of the inn to the cry of ‘kill the witch!’ with one almost accomplishing this by smashing Farnoth in the chest with his flail.

The party eventually deals with the fanatics and run up to assist Ludo, who perhaps foolishly tried to tackle the bounty hunter alone. This led to a standoff between the party and the bounty hunter who was holding the kidnapped girl. Seeing his limited options the bounty hunter dives out of the rooms window landing heavily on the street two stories down, Christoph follows and actually lands gracefully but the bounty hunter is brutally killed by a bolas [which have proved surprisingly deadly so far] thrown by the Egg.

The party is cheered by the town as heroes for rescuing the girls and spend the night peacefully drinking. The next day and night is spent on the canal, as they arrive at Bogenhafen early on Konistag, 30th of Jahrdrung.

Phew that ended a bit long! Obviously this is from my perspective so the whys of bits may be different from the players.

At some point Harlander explained to the party that he found a letter on his doppelganger, Kastor from the last session which, detailed a large inheritance he was going to claim (conveniently in Bogenhafen, all roads lead there I suppose), the players knew of the letter as its in the handouts but only his character Gottfried knew in the game (and actually I think only him and Farnoth can actually read anyway). Very noble of you Harlander as you could of kept all the money for yourself.

Yeah we’ll stick to Sunday I think, I like keeping it consistent, it should be fun as the Bogenhafen bit is when the proverbial shit starts getting real. "

"Roll for perception"

- errr, 92

"you are pretty sure it's the Emperor Karl"

The session wasn't Ludo's finest hour, repeatedly failing any and all checks to do with perception and genealogy/heraldry and indeed pretty much anything else not directly involving shooting someone.
    My cunning plan to sneak up on the baddie and shoot him in the back while my companions played arrow magnet out front worked perfectly, right up to the moment where the shot failed to kill or maim him. It did wound him a bit, but what it mostly did was make him angry. Ludo then found himself in melee (armed with a dagger) against someone far less incompetent at it than he was and armed with a proper weapon. It went about as well as you'd expect, so I ran away.
    Perhaps shaken by my brush with melee I then proceeded to miss completely with a ranged weapon. Shameful stuff.

Next time this happens I'll get them with the bolas first, then shoot them with the crossbow while they're all tangled up.
    (And hopefully if I am ever in melee again I'll have a crossbow pistol).

Network Hub
    Good write-up! Nice tactical play, team. If you guys ever create a crest for your party, it MUST have a bolas on it.

I've always enjoyed game worlds where magic users were distrusted (or outright reviled, as here) - sure, it makes it a pain to contribute meaningfully sometimes without inciting a mob, but it makes for great character development.

Bolas are surprisingly awesome (in that they inspire actual awe) in this setting. A net is much heavier, has half the range, and does zero damage. The bolas has exactly the same "tangle" effect (spend all your actions trying to break or wriggle free, until you succeed) but does 1 +d10 damage.
    (this is why Egg's attempt to capture the badly wounded baddie ended up killing him - it was inevitable from the second he said something like "oh, they do damage? Oh well, I'm sure I'll roll low". He rolled 9)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    9 out of 10, just incase anyone wondered.

We're playing this evening, right? What time?

I hope so! 8 till late? Have your shopping lists ready, i have been drinking

So... it's 8 now.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hey Egg tried to catch you on mumble. Lowkey cant make it tonight so no session tonight.