Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    I thought it was a good session, i was hanging a bit so my mind was working as fast as i would have liked. But i still found it fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I can't make it this Sunday evening, and I am away at a wedding next weekend - could we do it during the week?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I am happy to do a week evening, maybe tuesday?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm not working next week so any evening is okay. Excluding weekends when i pretend to be cool.

Wait, stop the bus! I can do Sunday after all now.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 20-05-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Wait tonight or next sunday? I have made plans tonight unfortunately!
    Last edited by LowKey; 20-05-2012 at 04:27 PM.

tonight - but we can still do Tuesday instead

OK, I think it will be too difficult to move it to a week evening so we're still on for tonight, we'll kick of at 8 chums, see you then!

That was awesome fun.

We saved Bogenhafen!
    I saved the day by sneaking away when everyone else went to talk to the watch and try to explain everything and got arrested, then I got the thieves guild to break them out. (I just remembered; "(throat clearing noise) did anyone order a... dramatic rescue?") I also shot a demon for the second time, and again barely managed to scratch it. Stupid blessed crossbow bolts, I spent good money on that blessing.
    Then some other stuff happened, then Elesium saved the day by exploding a man's chest and magic missiling another guy to death.
    Then I intimidated a guy into giving us 20g each, and Harlander charmed another 30 out of him by promising not to let me shoot him one day when he wasn't expecting it. I believe we called the technique "bad cop, incredibly bad cop".

Once again, Bolas proved to be uncannily dangerous, with a bola throw doing actual damage to the nigh-invulnerable demon. I say we should call ourselves Bola Squadron, if we stick together for more adventuring.

I just remembered - in one of those "we had to destroy the village in order to save it" moments, I sank a crossbow bolt into Harlander's back while attempting to save him from a demon.
    (I am hoping intent counts for something with Harlander and he doesn't bear too much of a grudge)

All in all, it was a most excellent adventure.

Now it's time to choose a new career, and I choose Targeteer. It's all about the crossbow!
    Last edited by President Weasel; 21-05-2012 at 11:29 AM.

The way this group works can probably be summed up like this -

objection number 1 to burning down the warehouse and killing everyone in the confusion : "wait, you guys are going to buy me a new lantern, before I go smashing this one?"

objection number 2: "hmm, stone is pretty hard to get burning, do you think we will be able to?"

objection number 3: "if we burn down the warehouse that'll destroy the evidence that we're not a bunch of insane murderers, and they'll double hang us for the arson"

objection number 4 (and only 4): "wait, if we set a big fire we might end up burning down the whole town, the buildings are pretty close together"

and finally:

"we could try... talking to them?"

(I scoffed at the whole 'talking' thing and asked the group to look for flammables to stack against the warehouse while Talky von Talkerstein and his sidekick Constructive Dialogue Boy went to talk to them, but amazingly it worked).

I love how low on the list "we could kill a bunch of people by accident" was, and how "do we really need to slaughter the guards" ended up almost an afterthought.

Poor ol guards just doing their jobs, trying to feed mrs guard and baby guard, also i am sure blackmailing a prominant merchant will have no repercussions later on...

AAR will go up later in the week but you all get 500xp, 300 for the session and plus 50 for previous sessions as i obviously miscalculated how much you should of been getting previously, you get 1 permanant fate point for averting a major catastrophy and on top of the gold you get one item worth up to 50 (not 100!) gold and no more than rare quality. Overall you did a great job and have made some significant contacts, hopefully the thieves guild wont come calling for their debts!

Next session will need to be a weekday, i was thinking wednesday the 30th but let me know what you think. PW you can move into targateer if you have the trappings as ill count the archery competition towards it, gorm you can move into trader as joseph can be your introduction, everyone else let me know what advance youre thinking as i may need to think of a way of fitting it into the campaign.

Hey, we were just trying to get him to pay what he promised us for removing his brother. Elesium Farnoth removed his entire torso, we should get paid for that. I'm pretty sure that was extortion though, not blackmail - it's not like we threatened to tell anyone what he did; we just threatened actual bodily harm. I believe the words we used were "yes, but that watch could never get here in time, and we're heavily armed and right here in this room with you. Give us our money".

(the trappings for targeteer are a leather jack (which is why I made sure to get sleeves for my leather jerkin when we were in the big city) and a crossbow and ten bolts. It's the trappings for Champion, which is my if we live that long/if we still want to play WFRP that long next career that will be tricky - you need six best quality weapons for that one. So far I have bolas and two daggers - I also have a best quality garotte, but that one seems cheap and munchkiny so I am not going to count it)
    Last edited by President Weasel; 21-05-2012 at 11:33 AM.

I thought it might be useful to explain career progression as it can be a bit confusing. So when you start you have all your career skills and talents, you must purchase all of the characteristic upgrades (+5 weapon skill etc) have the appropriate trappings and pay 100xp to advance into one of your career exits, i may also need a in game explanation for this ie ludo can advance into targeteer as he did well in an archery competition. You can also move into a non-career exit basic career for 200xp if you like.

In your new career you need to purchase all the skills, talents and characteristics to advance. One thing to note is that you cant take the same characteristic advance multiple times, for example in your first career you took +5 weapon skill and your new career lists +10 weapon skill as advances, you can take another +5 not +10, if you see what i mean. Hopefully that all makes sense but let me know if you need any help.

I've been reading the rule book, and the way it works is you keep the highest out of all the advances from however many careers.
    So if you had one career that was +10 +5 +0 +10,
    and you moved a career that was +5 +0 +10 +20, you would end up with an advance scheme that looked like
    +10 +5 +10 +20

You keep whatever advances and skills you already had, but you have to buy the new skills as you "learn your new job by doing", sort of thing, at 100xp per skill.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh, so my plan to go all over the shop and get lots of advances wont work. DAMN.
    I was thinking that Josef could train me up too, and at the end of that i'll be able to read too.

Aye pres explained it more clearly, basically its there to stop you maxing a characteristic out to 100

Network Hub
    Ok, so the quest for the firey grimoire must commence...if only because fireballs are so much more impressive than everything else :-P

From a roleplaying point of view I'd have no problem with that - the last two nights you've 1) saved my character from almost certainly being eaten by savage dogs, and 2) saved the town (with us in it) and probably a decent-sized chunk of the Empire from some sort of terrifying boss-demon thing. The unstoppable demonic badass we were having such a hard time fighting was clearly terrified of what was on the other side of the gate, which clearly made it Seriously Bad News.
    All I need to do now is persuade you to maybe not chant quite so much in front of simple, stout-hearted townsfolk (in case of simple, stout-hearted lynch mobs) and we're golden.
    Where's this grimoire then?

Other things I would happily quest for:

1) a legendarily good crossbow
    2) money
    3) helping out Josef the riverboat man, since he was such an excellent host
    4) money
    5) helping out any of our other merry band of adventurers, now we went through that together
    6) money
    7) my sister and her kids, back in the Halfling Zone (the Moot? is that right?), and
    8) money

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The place the halflings live is called The Moot. You are correct.

Their symbol is a Giant Cock. I remembered that part.