Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Hum hum hmmmm, not sure what to do really someone else decide for me

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Wait until everyone is about

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I'd rather wait for X-kot, let's do the thing next Sunday?
    Everybody better be there for this one though, gods damn it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I wont be around on Sunday anyway. Going on an unplanned trip.

Righto, stop having lives you lot

Let's definitely have a session this Sunday, or we might get out of the habit altogether which would be bad.

Yes yes agreed!

I'll be there

Lesser Hivemind Node
    And my axe

And roll20 have just added 3d dice rolling yaaaay
    Last edited by LowKey; 29-08-2012 at 03:59 PM.

to roll20, you mean?

Thats what i said harlander gaaaawwwwd...

Network Hub
    You can count on my stick!

we on tonight at 8 chaps?

Damn well better be

And my blunderaxe! It's a blunderbuss strapped to a pickaxe. It needs to be a thing.

Strapping the two items together might get you handmade hipster cred, but what you really want is a custom-made axe handle with a gun inside it, kinda like the one in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (except a pickaxe rather than a hatchet.) It'd probably end up making the pick useless for actual mining, but when was the last time the Egg did any of that?

I am sure a skilled craftsman (or possibly craftsdwarf: I'm guessing only someone in Nuln or a highly skilled dwarf artisan might be able to make this) could make a war-pickaxe which was also a blunderbuss, and which worked well as both. It would likely cost vast amounts of money though - start at 10x normal for best quality, and then go up from there for "time and effort from one of the five people in the Empire who could do it". On the other hand, if you were a famous adventurer and got them intrigued by the crazy idea, maybe they wouldn't charge you quite as much for their time...

I'd love to see you carrying a Blunderaxe, just for the sheer, glorious, craziness of the idea.

Network Hub
    And so our misadventures continue...

We slew a handful of Wittgenstein guards who were hassling an old guy, and in doing so, met a feisty axe-throwing lady who happens to be member of La Resistance. She asked us to look for a comrade who disappeared while investigating A temple of Sigmar (now in a sad state of disrepair and cannibalism). Not much was found except for a) some unusual bones; b) a secret passage that Egg discovered while resolutely probing the statue in the main room; and c) a bunch of footprints. Egg's blunderbuss carried the day when it massacred half a dozen starving people. We eventually found tunnels leading to both the inn and the doctor's house, suggesting some sort of self-sustaining chaos loop lies beneath the village.

Led by Ludo, the group tied up the doctor and his servants before conducting a search and a brutal interrogation. Documents were found that indicated the good physician is quite taken with the Baroness and has been accepting warpstone from her (unknowingly) for use in medicines. Magnus took the initiative to investigate a "new cure" stored in a jar and was promptly set upon by monstrous leeches; only by the quick intervention of Ludo and Christophe did he avoid being brain-slugged. And if that weren't exciting enough, the beefy doctor's aide broke free and attempted to eat Christophe as a python eats an egg. Coincidentally, Egg murderized the mutated man with a thorough application of a pick to the chest.

IT was a good thing he broke free, because murderising a possibly-mutated-but-we-don't-know retarded man who we tied up was making me feel some serious moral qualms (even in a grimdark setting where I've been playing a cheerfully psychotic halfling who just cut a guy's finger off before asking him any questions). Murderising a giant angry mutant man who was attacking us? Clear case of self defence. We even get karma points for trying not to kill him by tying him up first.

In important blunderbuss news Egg found an interesting passage in the Armoury which suggests that a blunderbuss can only reasonably be expected to kill a maximum of four people per shot, which would take it down a notch from ridiculously unbalanced weapon of mass destruction to very useful and effective weapon.
    The armoury says it fires 4 balls per shot, which suggests it kills the first 4 people in the cone who don't dodge (however we could consider adding a rule like if Egg rolls a natural 10 the shot tears right through the first row and wreaks havoc on the people behind too).
    Thoughts?

The wave of 15 cannibals who Egg single-handedly annihilated with the blunderbuss yesterday were pretty much doomed anyway; even if he'd only killed 4 plus the one I killed plus the two or three that grabbed the body and legged it, that leaves maybe 8 unarmoured guys with improvised weapons versus five fairly competent fighters with armour and proper weapons.

Oh, and it's pronounced 'a TEMPLE of Sigmar'.