Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlander View Post

Also, is there anything that hacking people's vehicles can't solve?
    What is love?

*car radio starts playing some Haddaway*

Yaaaaasssssss!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlander View Post

Also, is there anything that hacking people's vehicles can't solve?
    Can it solve a bear spirit trying to tear your arms off? Because it didn't seem like much else could, including super-duper-high explosive ammo from a ridiculously overlarge revolver. That just got him good and angry.
    Nice work, Bob, nice work.

I'll be there for WFRPs next week, yep yep.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Can it solve a bear spirit trying to tear your arms off?
    Probably only if there's something bigger than a motorbike available. Otherwise you'll soon find that having your arms ripped off is a self-limiting condition, in that it'll only last as long as you still have arms.

So next week it's another terrifying encounter with the witchhunters, where they'll probably excoriate us for failing to meet some condition they didn't see fit to describe in advance, like "don't let the castle fall into a sinkhole" or "don't murder all the nobles" or whatever such nonsense.

There is absolutely no proof that we murdered the nobles, other than that I told the chief witchhunter fella that we did, and that I had one of their heads in a bag. Apart from that, no proof whatsoever.
    Well, that and I told the priestess lady in charge of la resistance that "I'm afraid we can't just stay here and hold the bridge tower, as that would conflict with my goal of murdering everyone in the castle and chopping their heads off".
    But apart from the confession, the evidence, and the corroborating witness who can confirm I went in there with intent to commit multiple counts of decapitation, there is absolutely no proof whatsoever that anyone in the castle was even mildly bruised before the whole place sank into the ground.
    (Besides, I am pretty sure we're in the good books for those murders. They were definitely baddies, apart from possibly the beetle guy and even he was extremely unreconstructed vis a vis the role of the peasantry in unpleasant experiments)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    In the warhammer world he is a mutant and so should be killed. Doesnt matter how nice and cultured he was.

Network Hub
    Re: Shadowrun, thanks for being patient, everyone. The parking lot scuffle was nice and flashy, if too long - I'm thinking about moving to a more narrative combat experience in the hopes of expediting things. The remainder of the mission will absolutely require everyone's skills, which should help Egg and Gorm feel more involved. I've also got some ideas of how to spread the investigative work around so that Aleph-Null isn't browsing Dark Google for leads all day.

Re: Warhammer, I look forward to having Dr. Evilheart...er, Dr. Eberhardt join the merry men of Bola Squadron.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm looking forward to your new character. Finally some medical attention. Although that might just mean more amputations.

I hope i'm not required too much in Shadowrun, i dont really know all the things i can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    In the warhammer world he is a mutant and so should be killed. Doesnt matter how nice and cultured he was.
    Oh indeed, that's how things are in the Grimdark Rennaissance. We could've let the harmless old bugger get slaughtered by the witchhunters instead of us, is all. Or crushed in the collapse of his castle, had we known that was on the way; Harlander's plan to inherit it didn't go too well in the end :)

I thought the combat was fine, X-kot.

Network Hub
    I recall someone suggesting that the whole barony could be declared a Superfund site. Surely the Empire would consider allowing an enterprising young noble (a gallant persecutor of Chaos, no less) to assume the costs of restoring the place to its former glory in exchange for a landed title. Gottfried could use his boon to get the Witchfinder General to put in a good word, too. Oh, oh, and the Wittgendorf Trading Co. could be established with a proven vessel to get things started. Egg could finagle some contractor work on the renovations. Prosperity is just around the corner!

There seems little place in such a setup for a mildly sociopathic halfling with a love of shooting people and taking heads.
    Perhaps I can get myself appointed Reeve, and ensure the burgeoning rebirth of the town is untroubled by bandits, mutants, ne'er-do-wells, evil denizens of the forest, beastmen, door-to-door salesmen, litterers and the like.

Vote Ludo for Reeve, for a Safe and Prosperous Future (and also Heads on Stakes).
    Oh wait, this isn't a democracy. I'm the Reeve, right? Do what you're told or I'll kill you.

You're a very qualified candidate, but we're really looking for someone a little less murderously rage-filled for Reeve. We do have a very attractive opening in our black-ops division...

Network Hub
    Ye Olde Wetworks Engineer

I'm not rage-filled unless and until somebody starts it. Then all bets are off.
    If you want a county where the incidences of people starting it quickly drop off to a minimum, you want Ludo for Reeve.
    Also, heads on spikes. I can't emphasise this part enough.

Just think, a row of heads on spikes at the busier crossroads, with signs underneath saying "BANDIT", "THIEF", "CHAOS CULTIST", "BANDIT", "CAN'T REMEMBER", "ANOTHER BANDIT", "WAS REALLY ANNOYING".

Lesser Hivemind Node
    "totally an elf"

Network Hub
    Quick update: I added PDFs for the Companion and Career Compendium for everyone's perusal. The former has some neat setting stuff like trade, judicial processing, astrology, and medicine. The latter compiles all of the careers from the various source books, as well as a handful of completely new ones. It even has tables that make random character generation more sensible/balanced.

Good shout! I have them so not sure why i havent added them before, i should probably just put all of the source books on

Hi chaps,

Screwie, who some of us know from Blood Bowl, is intrigued by roll20 and would like to see it being used "in the wild" - would it be all right if he popped into the Mumble channel on Sunday for a bit and listened to our highly competent brand of roleplaying?
    Also, Lowkey, could you invite him to the roll20 campaign do you think?

if this is anything less than completely all right with everyone we won't do it, and nobody's going to be annoyed at whoever says they're not fine with it - I'm one of the worst for getting really freaked out when randoms drop by the channel.

Allow me to formally register my ambivalence:

Well... hmmm...
    *shrug*