Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Definitely a loaner so he wont be too pleased if you sold them, however you can count them as your current trappings (but dont you need 500GC and jewellery to the value of 500GC?).

Yes, hence
    alongside the wealth greater than the total of all our transactions to date
    Bit of an aspirational one, that

Network Hub
    Last session featured

* Separatist Ulric berzerkers, dwarf taxes, and squigs, oh my!
    * The Sigmar head honcho, who asked us to speak with his crony in Middenheim.
    * Training for some, miniature Imperial flags for others!
    * Signs of strange politicking afoot, but nothing of Gotthard von Wittgenstein...yet.
    * The big wizard in town (BWIT) welcomed us after we showed him a letter from "FaceBurn" Blitzen.

Coming up next: fun with bureaucrats! Oh, and some off-the-chain festival.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    It is like the Schaffenfest, but turned up to eleven (and wolfier).
    It's Schaffenfest Extreme!

Thanks for the summary x_kot, damn actually having to do work instead of writing AAR's, i need to post a full list of events for the carnival, as i wont be giving you a lot of direction you will be able to potter around it, ill also update the map to reflect this.

Due to recent unrest laws on civilian arms and armour are being enforced more ruthlessly than usual, effectively you can get away with leather armour and a sword but if the watch catch you walking around with heavier armour/two handed weapons/fire arms you will be in trouble!

As a professional targeteer I will of course be carrying a bow. (And I was planning to get rid of the chainmail anyway, relying on 'shoot first, shoot often' as a better counter to ranged attacks than 'stand and get hit then hope the armour helps a bit'.)

Added a list of carnival events to the drop box, sorry for the dodgy quality but I had to cut GM stuff from it, there are other minor events going on but these are main listed ones, I will also be updating the Middenheim map with information on areas and major landmarks which Pieter would know and we can assume he has told you about them.

Wow, there's sure a lot to see. Culture! Fighting! Other stuff! Gonna be sweeeeeet

Okay the middenheim map has been updated with information on districts (blue), prominent locations (red) and locations of carnival events (green).

Oh my it’s an old fashioned AAR, someone was quite at work!

Quick catch up notes, the party are now in Middenheim, second city of the Empire and home of the Cult of Ulric (think big beards, short tempers), and are searching for the remaining member of the von Wittgenstein’s’ (his family having been brutally murdered), possibly for vengeance for the brave Wittgendorfer’s but probably because the scary man told them to.

Magnus ‘apparently a servant but pretty damn handy with a spear’ Bauer has decided that this adventuring malarkey isn’t all its cracked up to be and has retired, however the party have gained a new member, one Doktor Pieter Eberhardt.

---------------------------------------

Angestag, 32 Kaldezeit

Our heroes have just finished meeting the High Wizard of the Guild of Wizards and Alchemists, agreeing to look into a troubling tax and securing notes of permission so that they can remain terribly armed.

It’s a couple of days before the official start of the Middenheim Carnival but the party head to the Bernaubau Stadium and Square of Martials to sign up for events. In short order the Egg has agreed to fight a minotaur one on one, Ludo has entered an archery competition (of course) and Christoph has blagged his way into a melee, fun times ahead.

While they wonder the town the party notice groups of children (with parents) parading and singing hymns to Ulric, Pieter notes that they are marching to the Temple of Ulric as part of the Children’s Parade, where they receive free food and entertainment, a recent Merchants Guild initiative to garner good will (and get a jump on the carnival).

The party then head to deliver the package they had agreed to deliver on behalf of Blucher Holdings, but unfortunately the address is a burnt down ruin and a notice from the Templars of the White Wolfs indicates that the previous residents were not the most pleasant sort. While they consider this development they are approached by a beggar who recognises Gottfried, it seems she is an agent of the Purple Hand, who have been dogging the parties steps for some time, and asks if Gottfried would be willing to meet with one of her superiors. The party eventually agree, figuring they may be able to get the drop on them once and for all.

The party then return to their inn for a deserved nights rest, apart from the Egg who goes searching for a dwarven inn, looking for information on the new Dwarf Tax.

Festag, 33 Kaldezeit

A new morning and it’s been snowing! The streets are thick with the stuff and the sweepers are out in force.

Over breakfast the party hear their inn keeper discussing some trouble with a member of the watch, it seems some children have gone missing, the watch seem less than interested in chasing it up (the children are from poor districts, they probably ran of with a gang etc), but on Ludo’s insistence agrees to let them investigate – first stop, a mad father under house arrest, he probably did it right?

To cover as many bases as possible [annoy their GM] the party split up, Gottfried heads to the Temple of Verena to dig up any information on the von Wittgenstein’s, Pieter heads to the Guild of Physicians to catch up with his boss, the Egg goes to the Kommission of Elves, Dwarves and Halflings to investigate the Tax and Ludo/Christoph put on their deerstalkers for a bit of investigating.

Gottfried finds little and eventually gives up and instead goes drinking, the talk of the noble bars is the new Court Physician who surprisingly seems to have cured the Graf’s [cities head honcho] son of his mental illness. Pieter hears similar at the guild, although much to his bosses dismay/disgust (the guys a foreigner!) and then generously purchases some tickets to the opera for the guys [lad’s night out!]. At the Kommission the Egg finds the dwarven liaison to be unhelpful (he of course blames the elves for the new tax, probably that Court Minstrel), the elven liaison is slightly more reasonable and feels it is much more likely that the tax came from the Chancellor, since it’s his job.

Our investigators arrive at the scene and the disinterested watchman on guard lets them in. The father is sitting at the kitchen table and seems pretty happy for a man whose son has gone missing, after some questioning (and a bit of a beating) it seems clearer that the man is insane, he keeps laughing about the Jolly Man while weeping. Ludo finds little in the way of clues bar a wreath of holly and bells, which were being handed out at the parade.

Pulling (fake) rank, the investigators bring the man for treatment at the Temple of Shallya and then head to the Guild of Wizards and Alchemists, figuring that this sounds like wizard shiz yooo. In short order they are met by Janna Eberhaur, deputy to the high wizard, who having studied the wreath for some time finds very fine arcane runes on the bells, they seem to indicate ‘gate’ or ‘passage’. Ludo asks if she can operate it and she excitedly agrees.

Finding themselves in a secure cellar, Janna activates the wreath and in doing so summons the Jolly Man. Janna is overcome with joy from this vision but the boys are less swayed [this was unlucky, Janna has very high WP] and can see the true form of this creature – a grossly obese monster, it’s red muscles and tendons on show and edged with sharp crystalline white growths, it is pleased to meet them.

When asked what it did with the children the daemon tells them they were naughty an as such he had put them in its sack […]. It then invites them to climb in, presenting a large flesh coloured bag to Ludo who bravely looks in and sees a vision of a… coldhouse? Seeing them edge for their weapons the creature departs, climbing into the sack and leaving naught but the wreath and the jingle of bells behind.

---------------------------------------------

And there we are, just another day in Middenheim. The group have made good headway, making allies in the Wizards guild and some good information on the tax, also Santa!

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Oh my it’s an old fashioned AAR, someone was quite at work!

Quick catch up notes, the party [...] are searching for the remaining member of the von Wittgenstein’s’ (his family having been brutally murdered), possibly for vengeance for the brave Wittgendorfer’s but probably because the scary man told them to.
    None of the above: it's because Ludo decided they were baddies and swore to make them extinct. One of them is left alive and is up to no good, therefore he must be found and separated from his head. That's how Ludo's worldview works.
    It's a pretty simple process:

1) identify baddies (possibly this step may involve investigating or having conversations with people, but sacrifices must be made). There are always baddies.
    2) consult with party, confirm baddie status of baddies (often this involves saying "look, they're definitely baddies and they have to die" until enough evidence mounts up or the party get bored and agree - but at least theoretically the party could persuade Ludo that indiscriminate mayhem is not the answer; I think it happened once.)
    3) kill all the baddies
    4) cut heads off baddies (just to make sure).
    5) make sure that's all the baddies, if not, locate remaining baddies and goto step 3
    6) big dinner, bit of a nap
    7) goto step 1

Network Hub
    Good summary, Lowkey. I, for one, am curious to see how the minotaur fight goes. Should you prevail, Egg, I expect you to take up the Giant/Troll Slayer profession at some point.

The main moral of the previous session: if the party splits, don't go and do the most boring of the things that need to be done by yourself, because exciting dramatic stuff is certain to happen elsewhere.

Fighting the Evil Santa vs. the CAMRA tour of Middenheim...

Yeah sorry about that, i should of got you in a duel or some sort of intrigue

No worries, at least I got to try a variety of fine nordland eisbocks and a delightful smokey porter *trails off wittering*

It was Gorm's idea to activate the bells by the way, it never occurred to me. It's so typically Christof Gorm as well.

Hey, if the recipients of this mysterious package are all killed or chased away, and anyway were officially baddies and no-goodniks, that means we still have the package and there's nobody to give it to. We should open it, just in case it's incriminating badness in parcel form.
    Also in case it contains valuables; once again that merchant has screwed us over and we didn't get paid. Strictly speaking neither of these instances have been his fault, but this time he sent us to deliver things to cultist types. In Ludo's mind he's ending ever closer to the "someone I should kill" column - he better hope he gets the boat repaired, and looks after Magnus Xkot and Dumpling and the Troll properly while he does. Otherwise I'll do an assassination side quest.

We still on for stuff tonight?

I am hoping to be back in time to partake but do go on without me if i am not about

Hoi chummers!
    It's a shame we won't get to track down Bad Santa this session, but there should be some cyberpunky goodness as an excellent alternative. Lowkey might even get to play!

Network Hub
    All is set for tonight!