Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Good AAR there, Lowkey, especially given the number of threads you had to track.

I've got the next SR mission ready (very Ghost in the Shell, this one), but if you'll only be 30-45 min late, I don't mind waiting for WFRP.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thank god for the new page

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Maaaan it better not be 12 hours, hopefully I should be back in time but if you could be on standby that would be great pal, perhaps I can hop in late

I would be interested in joining you the next time you start a campaign. I have never played WFRP but I did play Warhammer for about 15-20 years so I know the background well and I have some D&D and Pathfinder experience.

Plus my real life gaming group would have difficulty organising a piss up in a brewery so a reliable and stable group would be great.

Thanks palindrome, we will likely be looking for a replacement near the end of frebrurary so keep an eye on the thread, in other news i definatly wont be back in time, PW was right this thing is a monster

Network Hub
    And so, with LowKey off in another galaxy, the runners took on another job: to determine the guilt or innocence of a Mafia hacker suspected of a double murder and corporate sabotage. Highlights include:

* Aleph-Null stabbing a white squirrel in VR and then vivisecting it.
    * Egg prepping himself a hot scotch with the assistance of a fully wired apartment
    * Gorm recording and broadcasting a private session b/w a corrupt doctor and a distraught patient, and then later ordering an Irish breakfast drink at a coffee shop
    * Weasel performing some ass-ensing in order to look busy, and later nearly pulling a Ludo on a Knight Errant detective.

More to come! Possibly violence.

Quite a fun session I thought.

It's always a bit fiddly trying to get your head around the "inspired by an author who used a mechanical typewriter 'til 2006" style of computing that Shadowrun tries to model. My strategy is to take the idea that computer systems are so locked down that even the basic file IO operations have to dial home to get copy protection approval before they'll go - and then stop thinking before considering the connotations of that.

Thanks again x_kot! Regularly schedueled programme next week if everyone is avaliable

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    My strategy was to say "hmm, Harlander is clearly the best qualified person to do this" a lot, and to occasionally commune with the spirits and look mystical. I did find a hiding place with a picture in it though. Go team shaman!

Network Hub
    Yeah, Shadowrun is an amalgamation of at least four decades worth of science fiction Zeitgiest, so it sacrifices some consistency to keep the system playable. Even though SR4 shoehorned in the wireless Matrix (in a SECOND crash, doncha know) to remain relevant to Millenials, it couldn't entrirely escape its Neuromancer origins.

A friend of mine once said technology in Shadowrun is similar to how it is portrayed in Arcanum - it's just magic in spiffier clothing.

EDIT: Relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hfGEdw03sw
    Last edited by X_kot; 22-01-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Even with chummer I find the plethora of skills and abilities and stats and systems in Shadowrun somewhat overwhelming. It's fairly common for players to be going "can I do that? Is that something I can do?". If we do move on to a new campaign I'd prefer we use a system that doesn't get in the way of the play quite as much.
    That's not to say I don't like the Shadowrun filler episodes we do at the moment, far from it. I'd just rather not commit to this system long term. It's irksomely cumbersome.

Guess I shouldn't suggest GURPS as the system for whatever we play next, then..

Well when we flip reverse roles ill be looking to use one of the 40K sourcebooks if the gang are keen as i think they can suit one of sessions quite well, either Dark Heresy (mixture of investigation/horror/NO ONE SUSPECTS THE IMPERIAL INQUISITION), Rogue Trader (adventures on the high space seas), Black Crusade (evil/freedom fighter/cosmic monster) or they have released a new imperial guard one which i havent seen

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oooo imperial guard one could be interesting. Just play the down time between battles, gambling, whoring and drinking. Then roll a d100 to see if you die in the battle.

Apparently you get a wee minion to (slightly) reduce your risk of dying, not really sure how its campaigns go beyond DAKKADAKKADAKKA

Also <3 venture bros.

Edit: hah looking at a summary you can play ratlings, PW you can make Ludo in spaaaaace
    Last edited by LowKey; 23-01-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Screw that, Ogryn sergeant guy with an automatic shotgun, that's the ticket.

Right so i am in glasgow for dinner with the inlaws which i was realyably told would be at 5 but is now at 6 which potentially means i wont be back till 9, sorry guys but i can continue past 11 or whatever you like, ill try and be back earlier though

I'm dying of a cold, which actually means I can stay up later since I already cried off work for tomorrow. I think out of all of us you're the one we finish early for, otherwise your better half gets grumpy :)

Network Hub
    'sfine by me, I don't have any afternoon plans.

ETA is now 830!