Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I was not on the top of my game last night to be honest, messed up the pacing, i was concentrating too much on the roll20, anyway im glad you enjoyed it and thanks again fo coming! AAR will be up shortly

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Egg already up loaded the AAR.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Hopefully we can get round whatever we missed with the keys by getting our friendly wizard to fake one up for us...

Ok folks, AAR ahead!

----------------------------------------------------------

Konistag, 13th Pflugzeit

Right back into the action and our adventurers have discovered a strange star shaped cylindrical necklace hanging from the neck of the slain crypt horror. The Egg [Egg] discovers that the key surprisingly opens the previously locked tower trap door and gathering torches the party descend. They are joined by Magnus Baur [X_Kot] an indentured servant who has been managing the sites livestock but, being suitably impressed by the destruction of the crypt horror, desires to join our heroes.

The party fan out with The Egg taking point, who quickly brings down a fortunately normal sized ghoul. Less fortunately it lets a screech as it dies and the party hear noises responding from elsewhere in the tower. The party do battle with a number of undead beasties, Christoph [Gorm] and Gottfried [Harlander] dice up some skeletons and The Egg takes a serious wound from an arrow to the knee […]. Ludo [President Weasel] hurls his bolas at another ghoul entangling it and in its attempts to struggle free it brains itself on a wall [BOLAS! The ghoul failed it roll on the worst roll possible so I ruled it hurt itself in its struggles and when rolling for damage it got a natural 10 which means it rolls again and adds that together which means it did huge damage, stupid bolas].

Having defeated the horrors of the tower the party search the tower, finding a suspicious book that they avoid and discover four more star shaped metal cylinders and a staff warm to the touch. The Egg decides to pry some gems from a wall which displays a range of constellations and glows suspiciously and ends up shocking himself, however while laying on the floor he notices holes in the floor which look like they would conveniently correspond with the metal cylinders. Unfortunately they seem to be missing one and while they spend some time investigating the tower they fail to find it.

Angestag, 14th Pflugzeit

The foreman Aynjulls Isembard rewards the party for their efforts with thanks (and gold) and they set back off on the Drunken Troll, agreeing to take Magnus with them (without the Dwarfs knowledge) and continue on to Grissenwald.

Backertag, 19th Pflugzeit

The party make a stop at the prominent town of Kemperbad, gateway to the barren hills. The town is situated atop a high cliff face and uses an impressive collection of lifts to carry goods and people up from the river, at 1 silver per leg the party agree to use one bar Christoph who uses the stairs and is seen hours later, trembling and exhausted.

The party pay a visit to their old pals the Thieves Guild and arrange for the collection of the smuggled Bretonian Brandy they have brought down from Altdorf. The rest of the day is spent shopping while The Egg and Ludo visit a physician to tend to their more serious wounds and are required to spend the night.

The rest of the party spend the evening drinking and then descend on a lift to their barge, however just as it begins to lower they hear shouting and four men jump down from the palisade to the lift and attack the party. Christoph manages to knock his opponent from the lift and is rewarded with a satisfying splat some seconds later but the remaining thugs put up a more determined fight before being put down by accurate gunfire from above. It seems the guards of Kemperbad take their work seriously.

As the lifts descend the three men check the dead thugs for valuables and on a hunch Christoph pulls aside one of the men’s jerkins, revealing a birthmark eerily similar to a purple hand.

------------------------------

Bit of a combat session to be honest, I wasn’t really on my game and I forgot you were heading to Kemperbad so had to make that bit up on the fly, apologies for that. I know the gun shots at the end were a bit deus ex but I didn’t want the fight dragging on too long with two people not in it (and it was late!), I will try and avoid that as its not good story telling I think. Finally I know you were disappointed you couldn’t find all the keys, I guess some mysteries will never be solved…

Anyway next session same time next week, should be a bit more interesting I think!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It was in the book wasnt it. I went to grab a drink at this point in the story and when i came back we were moving on.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Double post is double.
    We could always go back to the tower as long as x_kot hides.

To hide gorms shame for double posting, hurray i finally went out and bought a headset, less feedback ahoy

Ok bad news (for you) i have gone and got myself engaged and as such am furiously busy this weekend and as such wont be able to run the session tomorrow, very sorry about that, i am happy to run it during the week or just wait till next sunday, YOU DECIDE

Lesser Hivemind Node
    What the hell!!!! WFRP is way more important!11!!!! Worst. GM. ever.

Network Hub
    How dare you find a deep, fulfilling relationship that puts our weekly pretend session in jeopardy! I guess we can make an allowance this one time...next Sunday would be fine with me.

Seriously, congrats!

Heartfelt congratulations!
    She/he/it is a very lucky young/old lady/man/goat/space ameoba.

I should be able to free up a weekday evening easily enough; is there one that works for the rest of you guys?
    If Lowkey is super busy though I am happy to take a week's break.

Congratulations LowKey! I don't mind missing a week. Nope.

Are we on for this this evening?

Sorry yes! I meant to post a reminder but forgot, i am good to do tonight session if everyone is about, usual thing 8 onwards?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    LETS DO THIS. Just got to read over the AAR to remember whats going on.

I'll be there, trusty internet adventuring companions.

Fun and exciting times for our brave band of adventurers - we advanced through a chunk of plot, did some actual thinking and planning, killed an ogre - and I had a random brawl in the street with three dwarfs, one of whom quite clearly started it and totally deserved that chestful of crossbow bolts.

Network Hub
    Just like those nobblars started it out in the countryside, and the ogre started it in the manor... ;)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    As PW's representative in matters of the law, the dwarf definatly started it and my client only did enough damage to protect himself and did not in any way plan or want to fight or kill the mad dwarfs.

Also Ogres aint no thing. With the howls of Ulrics Wolves pumping through my veins i struck one down doing a massive (and very lucky) 25 damage.

Before we leave the area, we'll need to "search" the manor house for "clues".

(That's "ransack" and "any movable items of value", respectively.)