Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    PLAN B!

/ducks
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Network Hub
    ...isn't that Plan A?

Of note, our band of plucky adventurers have been hot on the heels of noted Agent of Chaos Etelka Badlady and her rat-faced companion, Ernst Vermann. We travelled up river, bickered with one another, fished a dead horse out of the water, bickered some more, then made port at some insignificant village adjacent to a lovely water feature. After consulting with a suspiciously nice village elder and taking on the services of a...curiously bred Amber Wizard...we set paddled our way toward the Barren Hills.

We arrived near an assemblage of mono(mega)liths that made us feel all sad, and in the middle of the night, a ghost lady led us to a shallow grave in a cave, whereupon the Skaven equavalent of the Germans from Hogan's Heroes attempted to take a stone from us. Once again spitting at the idea of conversing with those who accost us, we slew them to a rat, except for that magicky one that scuttled away after taking a bolt to the torso.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I suggest "show them the secret documents", as in "where's the Stone, quick quick!" - "ah yes, the stone. I think we need to show them the documents - Egg, show them the secret documents"
    Although this is a great idea, i can imagine Lowkey forcing a situation where we have to show secret documents to someone but the whole party doesnt know about it. There by inducing combat on people we dont need to kill.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    It's all right- while it would be funny, I think we can manage to tell Egg something along the lines of "put the blunderbuss away and let the nice non enemy type people see the papers" :)

And yes, we did spend a lot of time bickering about whether you could have more than one monolith, or if that was like saying "three lone Indians", and asking how small a megalith needed to be before it because just a 'lith'.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    These are the important questions, not where is the chaos lady going, or what is she trying to do.

Ach, we will track her using my and X-kot's ace* tracking skills, and our tame wizard and his eye in the sky. We will handle it, and we'll handle** the return of that skaven wizard and whatever he brings with him this time, and we'll handle*** confronting Etelka Badlady, and hopefully I will get to put a blessed crossbow bolt through her eye****.
    Hey, remember that wizard? did he want us to bring Rat-face McStudentguy's head back, or is he going to be mildly disconcerted when I drop it on his desk?

Also, is 'preservation of severed heads' a skill? Is there something appropriate like taxidermy? I'd totally like to take that skill to complement my outdoor survival - given the number of heads I've cut off things and kept as trophies recently I think I should be able to pick it up as a cross class, if such a skill exists.

Wait a minute - "what she's trying to do"? She's trying to do Bad Things To Which A Stop Must Be Put, that's what she's trying to do. She's a no-goodnik and a ne'er-do-well, a rank badyin and an agent of chaos.
    And I intend to put a stop to whatever she is up to by killing her a lot, and then chopping her head off. I thought you were on board with this plan, Gorm?

*disclaimer: ace-ness of tracking skills not guaranteed. No money back. Your statutory rights can go piss up a rope.
    ** for a given value of "handle"
    *** actual handling not guaranteed.
    **** or she'll kill us.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 24-07-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Arent we all just one bad day away from being like her?

Network Hub
    Not a chance, Gorm - I highly doubt she's mounting the skulls of her foes on her barge.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Shes a bit more classy, also id like to note that source book says if your party negotiate with the skaven they are captured, pick one to torture

Hah! See? Ha!
    The first time I talked to them, to send them off after the baddie in the hopes that it would annoy her, they did the classic "thanks for the information. Now die!" move. Fool me once, fair enough innit. Fool me twice, well that's going to be tricky with a chest full of crossbow bolts. What's that? I can't hear you over the bubbling sound - I think you have a punctured lung there, pal. Don't worry, it'll stop hurting once I saw your head off. Now hold still.

You can't trust the Skaven. They're nothing more than depraved beasts. It's not like they're peasants, who are basically people despite all evidence to the contrary.

Depraved beasts with flamethrowers, not that im foreshadowing

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well Warpfire Throwers

Just out of interest, would piercing the tank or valve arrangement or hose-type-thing of a hypothetical warp fire thrower cause a hypothetical catastrophic explosion, killing the wielder and his friends? And how far away would one hypothetically have to be from there in order to touch off such an explosion without being more than mildly singed?

You certainly could although in general it would be a very hard shot (plus called shot penalty), i guess we would have a radius for the explosion and the roll for a bit of randomness
    Last edited by LowKey; 25-07-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Network Hub
    I will refrain from whipping that, if you please.

But you must whip it

whip it satisfactorily?
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

From Sunday's play session, in the text chat:

If a skaven comes along
    - you must whip it
    If it's looking big and strong
    - you must whip it

(at the time, Xkot had just used his whip to entangle a poor, doomed, heavily-armed stormvermin which had foolishly attacked us. And by "attacked" I mean come into the same general area as)

Righto im out of this hell hole, remember no session this week chaps