Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Truly, there is no dialect more luminous (or is that ludicrous?) than that of the Pacific Northwest.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Darn, that means we need Egg. Will Egg be available?
    (also it is worrying that I still have trouble telling everyone's voices apart, except for X-kot who has the courtesy to have a distinctive accent)
    Yes, I'm around this week. Next week I'll be in corfu but I have mumble access courtesy of my dad's tablet, so I'll see what I can do.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Woo yay Egg yay woo!

Post session, PW informed me that I'd been doing the progression wrong and that you just take the highest max advance from your careers instead of stacking them, so I've rejigged my character and now I'm just 300xp away from pistolier, although I am slightly weaker for it (49 toughness, grr!). Also, apparently you can take the other option in an 'either or' talent selection for just 100xp?

Yeah, you want page 28 of the manual where it explains things better than I think I did.
    Also check the right side of the page under Skill and Talent Options - you know that thing I said I had read somewhere, that said you have the option to go back and fill in the "or" skills and pay 100 to take the other one as well? That's the somewhere I read it.

Speaking of characters, I made a copy of my character sheet on Roll20, but I ran out of space for talents and for weapons. Is there a way to alter the sheet so there's extra lines on those tables?

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campai...s/ludo-deadeye
    Last edited by President Weasel; 13-08-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Today in the Continuing Adventures of Bola Squadron, the bolas once again proved their worth, tangling Etelka badlady and stopping her casting terrifyingly horrible spells at us just long enough for me to put a crossbow bolt in her face and Gottfried Von Harlander to finish her off with his rapier (fnark). Then we chopped her head off.
    Also I killed an annoying rat mage with my crossbow, and then later when we had a minute I chopped his head off. I didn't like that rat mage at all.
    Xkot did surprising amounts of damage with his high-tech "a stick" weapon system, but really shone when he successfully threw a rat ogre into deep confusion by shouting nonsense at it, thus preventing it from ripping Egg's leg off and beating him to death with it. Gorm hacked and slashed the crap out of a chaos beast, and Egg went toe to toe with a rat ogre and didn't die.

And our mage friend used his magic to cauterise his own face because he was a complete magical bad ass.

Hey, before we leave his office should we tell Tobias Slater, witch locater about the magic staff and wand and sinister pendant? Or do you think the wizards are less likely to confiscate them and more likely to, y'know, pay us?

Also I reckon I have worked out what I want to request for my reward - a letter of recommendation. I want to be a witch hunter one day, tiny man, big hat, travelling round rooting out chaos and terrifying folks. I want to be a champion first though - but a letter of recommendation from Tobias Slater ought to go a long way towards getting me inducted once I've got the whole heavily-armed badass thing out of my system.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 13-08-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Children I am sorry I haven’t written an AAR in a long time, how poorly I treat you, let us remedy this issue with blood.

-----------------------------------

Backertag, 18th Sigmarzeit (first day of summer yay!)

So our adventures have chased Etelka [Badlady] Herzen across half the Reikland, from her manor in Grissenwald to the dangers of the Barren Hills, her intentions unclear but surely sinister. They have fought trolls, bandits, orgers, skaven and Bretonians and none have proved their equal but today they will truly prove their mettle.

Having found the final key to the vault in the ruins beneath the Reik Signal Tower on a corpse in the Barren Hills, beneath the lake ominously named the devils bowl, our adventurers head to the tower with all haste while finally finding a use for their guide Corrobreth Vorster, an Amber Wizard of questionable use, by having him fly in raven form to Altdolf and request the help of a proper mage, Heironymus Blitzen, Bright Wizard extraordinaire.

The party meet Blitzen and his small guard at the tower and descend, opening the vault to confront… a few musty old books. However these books prove incredulously informative revealing that the former master of the lair had been the Dagmar, part of the prestigious Von Wittgenstein family, and that almost two centuries past Dagmar had discovered the largest meteorite of Warpstone ever to land in the Empire. With such a vast supply of the raw stuff of chaos the Wizard could have the power to warp armies and topple cities.

Mulling over this troubling news our party exit the vault into the tower only to be confronted by none over than Etelka Badlady herself who, realising the party were ahead of her, had decided to confront them head on. Before the witch had a moment to gloat she nearly lost her head to a bolt from Ludo [President Weasel] and was then double ambushed by Grey Seer Scarback who had been following her.

To prevent things becoming a bit too Benny Hill two Skaven armed with noxious gas filled globes attempted to murder everyone and the humans made a hasty exit from the tower. And lo the battle was committed, Etelka and her minion Ernst (quickly transformed into a Spawn) along with 20 or so cultists against Scarback and 50 or so Skaven with our adventures caught in the middle. The forces clashed and the battle begun.

Scarback summoned a miniature storm and blasted the Egg [Egg] with lightening before being pincushioned by Ludo. Ernst was turned into a horrid Chaos Spawn and killed Blitzen’s guards before nearly splitting the wizards face in two and all the while Christoph [Gorm] hacked chunk after chunk out of its flank. The Egg and Magnus [X_Kot] through quick words and quick weapons managed to bring down a fearsome Rat Ogre out to avenge its master. Gottfried [Halander] bravely and repeatedly stabbed a bolased Etelka in the head after she tried to drive him insane.

After the dust had settled the party had not only survived but had acquitted themselves well, killing two mighty wizards [I’ll never get recurring villains :(] and two horrid beasts, along with a few chaff cultists. Blitzen had managed to stabilize himself by setting his hand on fire and cauterising the wound and so all that was left was for the party to loot the bodies and make haste to Altdolf to report to Tobias Slayter, witch locator.

Bezahltag, 19th Sigmarzeit

Back at last in bustling Altdolf the party go about the usual, selling and buying arms, hanging out with the thieves guild, stealing and appropriating brave soldiers armour. They then head to the Great Temple of Sigmar, the largest in the world and home to the Sigmarite Templars, more commonly known as the Witch Hunters. They are led in to Tobias who is in a surprisingly jovial mood which is quickly turned when he learns of the traitorous Dagmar and the huge warpstone that may be under Castle Wittgenstein, he requested the party return on the morrow, once he had time to consider his options.

-----------------------------------

Fighting! The biggest and longest fight we’ve had and still no one has died, such a shame, otherwise good job chaps you handled them very well indeed. I couldn’t let Blitzen die like that as I have grown fond of him, the source book states that you should play him like a solemn teacher figure but I much prefer the brave/borderline insane bright wizard.
    Last edited by LowKey; 13-08-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Dear Lowkey - thank you for making an excellent adventure for us to goof around and kill stuff in (plus occasionally be HEROIC MEN OF ACTION! and feel good about ourselves for saving the day). You're the one working while we tit around.

I liked how I surprised both Lowkey and Etelka Badlady with my quick reflexes "you see Etelk-

"I SHOOT HER IN THE HEAD"

"wait, aren't you going to listen to her speech?"

sadly Ludo, famed deadeyed mildly psychotic marksman extraordinaire missed. Then used a fortune point to reroll, and missed even more. The shame of it. We killed her in the end though, that'll teach her to recur.

Also, I am adopting Sunday's taunt as my official Ludo catchphrase: "You're going to look pretty silly trying to eat corn on the cob with NO FUCKING HEAD"
    Last edited by President Weasel; 13-08-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Network Hub
    Aye, thanks for a good mob battle, LowKey. The magicks were handled well, we didn't have to deal with every skaven and cultist footsoldier, and I got vomited on by a chaos spawn. Oh, and Ludo's crossbow deserves its own initiative with automatic surprise at the beginning of combat.

Speaking of which, I am thinking of getting a display case for "Betsy" on our boat, and getting myself one of those fancy-schmancy repeating crossbows. However, I am also thinking of getting a best-quality rapier, which I won't be able to actually use for several more level-ups but will come in super handy if I survive long enough to become a Champion. I can't afford them both, but maybe I can buy the repeater and save up for the rapier.
    Champions get lightning parry and quick draw, which means I would be able to do two attacks with the rapier, quick-draw a pistol or pistol crossbow to unsportingly shoot my opponent, and use the last of my four attacks as a parry.
    If I make it as far as Champion.

Speaking of rapiers - I am pretty sure that Harlander's sword actually has sharp edges. I know they're primarily thrusting swords, but the vast majority of renaissance rapiers had at least one, and usually two, cutting edges. The armoury makes a specific distinction between the foil, which is a poking-holes-in-things-only sword, and the heavier rapier which does more damage and has cutting capability.
    Since we're faux-renaissance faux-Germans, Harlander's probably carrying something like a Pappenheimer

This means absolutely nothing in gameplay terms, I just thought you might find it interesting.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 15-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Agreed, not primarily a slashing weapon but can do the job, swift attack (the only way you can do multiple attacks) is a full action so you couldn't draw half way through unless one of your skills lets you which they might I am being lazy and not looking it up, in other news I forgot I had friends up this weekend who arnt Gorm and as such wont sit around and watch me pretend to be a woman witch, as such and with X_Kot and Egg tenious I'll think we'll defiantly skip this weekend

Champi-Munchkin-ons get Quick Draw, my friend, as well as 40% to both combat stats and pretty much all the other skills too. For they are the munchkinest of classes. Luckily I am playing the munchkinest of races, so it's pretty apt.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 15-08-2012 at 06:56 PM.

I think you're right about the sword, PW. Still doesn't make it any better-suited to decapitations, though.

Were we going to miss the coming Sunday's session?

I'm not going to make it if we weren't, anyway - it's my nerd club barbecue that day.

Me no understand, I was thinking a session this week but you wont be able to make it? Not a disaster for as i have guests again (note to self, do not have a place to stay in edinburgh during the fringe)

Aw, missing two sessions in a row?

Network Hub
    I have just returned from my yearly parental pilgrimage, so I am open for this weekend if we are having one. Those Wittgensteins need a good whuppin', though it can wait a week if people are busy.

What about shoving it a day to the side? It's bank holiday monday coming up after all

Quote Originally Posted by Harlander View Post
    What about shoving it a day to the side? It's bank holiday monday coming up after all
    Not in scotland! We could do an weekday evening but its not much good for x_kot

Network Hub
    Sadness is me, my Monday holiday isn't until Sept 3rd. If y'all can/want to arrange a weekday session, please do, and I'll catch up next week.