Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Next time I hit civilisation I am going to visit Burleigh and Stronginthearm and swap my repeater for a masterwork bow. That way I'll be able to ping 2 arrows a turn at my enemies until I run out of arrows, they all die, or I get bored.
    alright legolas

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I can't be Legolas. Curse this tiny body!
    Legolas gets ridiculous range and armour piercing with his longbow, the poncy git.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm going to be seeing a movie on Sunday evening. Sorry.

>:(------<

Network Hub
    Aw, Gorm, you and that social life of yours...thanks for the heads-up, though.

Just a query: would any of you be interested in doing a Shadowrun campaign? If there's enough interest, we could do some one-offs when not everyone is available to WFRP.

Personally, I have a saying.

"If you don't like Shadowrun, you're wrong."

Which edition did you have in mind? I'm only really experienced with the latest.

Certainly would, ill do all the dicking around

Network Hub
    I learned the game in 3rd, but I don't have any of the books for that edition. I have been reading up on the SR4 rules and have found most of the changes to be for the better (esp. for the poor deckers). If you'll PM me your dropbox info, I'll get a folder set up with materials.

I'd be well up for some shadowrun; never played before but I'm au fait with the setting.

Network Hub
    @Prez: It's a cyberpunk setting, so if you've read any Gibson or Stephenson, or if you've seen Blade Runner, you'll be on familiar ground. "Shadowrunners" are essentially deniable assets hired by megacorporations, criminal organizations, etc., to conduct espionage, theft, sabotage, wetwork, abductions, etc. The world has pseudo-fantasy stuff like dwarves, elves, dragons, and magic (all of which gets pseudo-science explanations) alongside all of the guns and Matrix stuff. The dice system only uses d6, so that will probably take the most getting used to.

'au fait with': fully informed about, in touch with, familiar with, abreast of, knowledgeable about, well-acquainted with, well up on, up to speed with, in the know about, on the ball about (informal), conversant about, au courant with, clued-up about (informal), switched-on about... read a Shadowrun novel once.

Network Hub
    Ah, the more you know!

EDIT: Alright, I've got the Dropbox stuff together, including some guidelines for character creation. I've also sent out invitations to the Obsidian page.

Egg, Gorm, if you're interested, I can get you hooked up, too.
    Last edited by X_kot; 15-09-2012 at 09:32 PM.

I don't see the dropbox stuff, but I guess it's just taking a wee while to update.

Network Hub
    Oh, I don't think I have your DB email. If you'll PM me, I'll invite you tout de suite.

When do you need characters by buddy?

Network Hub
    Hmm...as soon as you can would be preferable, but at least an hour ahead of game time (same as usual) works. I suspect we'll spend some time working out details and making introductions to start.

Great, set phasers to fun (i dont know if this has phasers)

this system is hells of complex

All righty, I put a character sheet for Weasel in the character sheets folder. I used the downloadable "chummer" program to make it, and I totally cribbed off the stock characters. Let me know what you think.
    (Also if you do let me play a shaman, you're going to have to baby steps me through the spellcasting stuff, I am warning you now).
    Last edited by President Weasel; 16-09-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Network Hub
    Yeah, it's like custom ordering a car: you have to browse through a catalog and pick out the paint, the interior, the transmission, the wheels, the undercoating, the concealed .50-cal machine guns... Catch me on Mumble tomorrow if you want to suss anything out.

EDIT: Looks pretty good, Weasel! I left a commented PDF in the folder with some suggestions. Magical fire support is definitely valuable, and it looks like you have a trusty sidearm and some sneaking to complement that.

One thing I forgot to emphasize is the importance of having fake IDs (SINs). Unless anyone takes the SINner trait, you are assumed to not have a valid ID. I will give everyone a quality-3 fake SIN with licenses for any gear you own at the start of the campaign, but you will inevitably want to buy more.
    Last edited by X_kot; 16-09-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Could I take weasel as a mentor spirit? You'd have to work out what the dice rolls and the special rule was.
    Alternatively, I'll just take shapeshift (weasel) :)

I've updated the sheet, let me know what you think.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 16-09-2012 at 10:59 AM.